Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Lady Antebellum changes name to Lady A, denounce former name's association to slavery

czb

don't leave us, manx.
    sputnik, lindsaywhit and ManxMouse like this.

manx!!
    come back!!!
    lindsaywhit and ManxMouse like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I concur - manx you need to stick around!

@sput I don't get the thigh high thing, either. Not outside of medieval times and it's cringey. But quite frankly, hippie monks are probably the best kind and your sister's wedding sounds cool to me. I never really saw myself getting married in some big huge churchy wedding...

Re: Lady Antebellum or whatever they can call themselves now...I actually like (some select) country music and realized I couldn't name one single, solitary song of theirs. I googled and listened to a few lines from the first song that popped up on YouTube and I've heard it before but the lyrics are the equivalent of a day old mayonnaise sandwich.

The video is truly terrible. Like they weren't edgy enough to have it set in a seedy motel, but didn't have the production budget for a luxury hotel, so they shot it in a Hyatt Regency. Very mediocre.

lindsaywhit, Annika and Lalasnake like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I really love that song, though. There is something kind of wistful and atonal about it that appeals to me. Hey, what is Lance Bass doing moonlighting in that video anyway?

i only know that one song and it annoys me. i remember there was a moment where they were everywhere.
    holly likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If you live where I do, Catholic school is the only way you're going to get a decent education.

But actually being (raised) Catholic you'll get the hairy eyeball from all your friends' parents who think you're a part of an old world idol-worshipping cult. Of course it doesn't help that the trailer park gypsy folk in these parts are all Catholic too, actually do over-decorate the shit out of their yards with statues (alongside Glamour shot style posters of whatever kidlet they're most proud of that week). It's probably better now. (But probably not).

One thing I learned was that evangelicals/protestants around here were really fucking stupid about almost all other religions (not just Catholicism) and quite often even their own. We were taught way more about religion of all types. But that's probably also because most of the protestant kids went to public school where there was probably hardly any religion being taught at all. And their churches sure as shit weren't going to fill that educational gap.

The county I grew up in had like 2-3 Catholic churches to about 200-300 of the rest (about 85% Baptist). So yeah, I got to hear a few times how I was going to hell at just the right age to fuck me up.

Memphis (where I went to high school and college) is better because there are (or were) way more Catholic churches/schools and a much higher overall population of Catholics. You don't stick out like a sore thumb like you do below the state line.
    sputnik likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I remember they were everywhere but that's why I thought it was weird I couldn't remember their songs. I always think they're going to be grittier and/or artsier or more alt country.

They kept playing this terrible Jewel song at my job (it has a bit of a country feel to it) and I complained how bad it was and how i never heard it until now and my boss told me they played it at "every" bar in the world for a while and I said, "Not the bars I go to."
    MsDark likes this.

Oh god I’d forgotten all about jewel
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    If you live where I do, Catholic school is the only way you're going to get a decent education.

But actually being (raised) Catholic you'll get the hairy eyeball from all your friends' parents who think you're a part of an old world idol-worshipping cult. Of course it doesn't help that the trailer park gypsy folk in these parts are all Catholic too, actually do over-decorate the shit out of their yards with statues (alongside Glamour shot style posters of whatever kidlet they're most proud of that week). It's probably better now. (But probably not).

One thing I learned was that evangelicals/protestants around here were really fucking stupid about almost all other religions (not just Catholicism) and quite often even their own.
    Occasionally, I would hear from people about all the statues/idols in a Catholic church and how this is terrible because it's idolatry. And I want to say, "Dude, have you been inside an Eastern Orthodox church? It looks like a portrait museum by comparison."
    Waterslide likes this.

Lol. I didn't think my presence would be missed, what with my drive-by comments such as "they can go fuck themselves" and all. My main talent these days is being surly. But if that's what you want, I'm your manx.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Lol. I didn't think my presence would be missed, what with my drive-by comments such as "they can go fuck themselves" and all. My main talent these days is being surly. But if that's what you want, I'm your manx.
    it's 2020. now is the time to be surly at all times. don't disappear again!

We're all surly. They even make Surly beer! If you're into that...

lindsaywhit, rollo and ManxMouse like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I think surly is the official slogan of 2020.
    czb, sputnik, Trixie and 1 others like this.
    -

czb

and check out the wine mr czb bought me a few cases ago:

Last edited by czb; June 16th, 2020 at 04:02 AM.
    sputnik likes this.

we can't see!!
    'image is currently unavailable'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information