Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells GF, 'Do not bring black people to my games'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ i'm familiar with the APP, was just surprised to see it quoted here!
    I was surprised to see someone say that anything about the APP is actually interesting
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

czb

^^^

Oprah wants to buy the Clippers!! She can get them all to open up and talk about their feelings with her, since she is a self proclaimed psychiatrist.
    rockchick and arie_skop like this.

^^^God help them if one of them can cook.
    sluce likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I know of someone (friend of a friend) that works/worked for Oprah. Apparently, it's the best job anyone could ever have So says the friend.

She's probably contractually obligated to say that.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    She's probably contractually obligated to say that.
    True, she probably gets an extra $20K bonus at the end if the year.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

fgg

Oprah, Matt Damon Among Famous Bidders Already Lining Up for L.A. Clippers

If Donald Sterling is compelled to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, the list of potential buyers has more stars than their roster.

Oprah Winfrey is contemplating a bid. Sean Combs is a Knicks fan, but he wants in.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants the whole team. Matt Damon wants a tiny piece.

Billionaires, entertainers and athletes alike announced their intentions to pursue the Clippers with varying degrees of seriousness Wednesday, proving the longtime losers will be quite a prize if the NBA is able to wrest control of the team away from Sterling after his lifetime ban for racist remarks.

Winfrey led the list, and the media mogul is already bringing in her friends.

"Oprah Winfrey is in discussions with David Geffen and Larry Ellison to make a bid for the Los Angeles Clippers should the team become available," spokesperson Nicole Nichols confirmed in an email.

The Clippers spent the last three decades rotting in the shadow of the glamorous Lakers, who piled up championships while the lowly Clips only racked up losses. With Sterling's ouster, the Clippers suddenly became the most attractive team in town to wealthy fans lining up for an unlikely chance to seize control of a Hollywood sports franchise on the move.

David Carter, the executive director of USC's Sports Business Institute, identifies multiple factors contributing to the Clippers' extraordinary value.

"Interest in the team results from the combination of NBA teams being rare assets that are seldom available for purchase, the location of this particular team, and potential owners' belief that revenue streams linked to rehabbing the brand and participating in future revenue linked to a new TV deal all make the team very attractive to prospective buyers," Carter said.

Combs, Rick Ross and Snoop Dogg all aired their interest, as did longtime Clippers fan Frankie Muniz and Damon, who told CNBC he'd like to be a "super tiny minority investor." Fans also got in on the frenzy, opening campaigns on Kickstarter and Crowdtilt to pool their resources for the club.

A vocal segment of the NBA's social media following immediately started a campaign to move the Clippers to Seattle, a basketball-loving city that has been without a team since Clay Bennett moved the SuperSonics to Oklahoma City in 2008.

The Clippers' association with Sterling's racist remarks could have been crushing to their prestige and value, but they don't seem to be a problem if Sterling is no longer associated with the club.

The Clippers have captured the imagination of Los Angeles' counterculture, the transplants and contrarian fans who aren't interested in the Lakers' bandwagon. They're also attracting more of an international following with each highlight-reel performance by Chris Paul, dunking virtuosos DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin, who coined the phrase "Lob City" to describe their daredevil style of play.

"We're proud of this team," Clippers guard Jamal Crawford said. "We're proud of our city, and we want to make them proud of us."

Oprah Winfrey, Matt Damon Want to Buy L.A. Clippers if Donald Sterling Sells : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

the same floyd merriweather who publicly posted his ex's ultrasound on facebook and blasted her for getting "a abortion"?
    sluce, laynes, KrisNine and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the same floyd merriweather who publicly posted his ex's ultrasound on facebook and blasted her for getting "a abortion"?
    "Donald Sterling is a awful husband!" Mayweather opined ironically.

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Elite Member

Funny, Twitchy, I didn't click the link, just love the title.

fgg

Stiviano's attorney says third party leaked recording of Sterling

An attorney representing the woman Donald Sterling was talking to when he made racist remarks said Thursday that the hour-long conversation was taped by mutual agreement last September and provided to a friend for safekeeping, who then leaked it to TMZ.

V. Stiviano sent two snippets of the conversation, recorded in her Los Angeles duplex, to a friend who released them without her permission, lawyer Siamak Nehoray said. He would not identify the friend.

Nehoray said she sent snippets of the conversation recorded on her phone electronically to her friend for safekeeping in case anything happened, but only two went through, Nehoray said.

He wouldn't elaborate on what prompted her to send the recordings.

Nehoray said Stiviano, 31, only learned they would become public after TMZ contacted her. She was devastated, he said.

"She's a young girl thrown in the middle of this thing, unwillingly," Nehoray said. "She didn't release the tape. She gave it to somebody for safe keeping. It was unfortunate that it was released. It's a lot to deal with."

In the recording, the Los Angeles Clippers owner expresses his unhappiness with Stiviano for posting online photos of herself with black people, including basketball great Magic Johnson.

Attorney Robert Platt, who is general counsel for the Clippers, said he has no comment.

In March, Sterling's wife, Rochelle, sued Stiviano, seeking the return of more than $2.5 million in gifts Stiviano allegedly received from her husband, including luxury cars and a $1.8 million duplex. Stiviano's name is on the duplex's title, Nehoray said.

"We're saying when you give a gift, don't ask for it back. The law is clear you don't have to," Nehoray said. The lawsuit was a "cut and paste" of a "prior lawsuit against a previous girlfriend," he said.

Nehoray said a third person was present during the conversation, but she wants to remain anonymous. Nehoray said the conversation took place in September 2013 after Sterling and Stiviano spent the day together; they had stopped at her place for Sterling to rest.

"It was by mutual agreement that it was going to be recorded," he said. "There was nothing going on back then. There was no lawsuit. There was no rift. In October he threw a birthday party for her even."

California law requires both parties to agree to recording a conversation that one would reasonably expect to be private.

Stiviano worked as Sterling's archivist, and Nehoray said she had been mischaracterized in the media. Sterling and Stiviano were friends but the two never had an intimate relationship, Nehoray said.

Nehoray said Stiviano is "hanging in there" and that she was "very saddened" by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's decision to ban Sterling for life from any association with the league or his team, and to fine him $2.5 million.

"They've never been on bad terms," Nehoray said. "I don't know if they're in touch. She considers him a friend. I'm sure he feels the same way."

Attorney: 3rd party leaked recording of Sterling | FOX Sports on MSN
    Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Spin city!

She's on the phone with hims saying "I thought you were that girl" and her saying something like how could you be with me and not want people to be in these pictures with me? Seems a little contradictory.

Latest updates I heard this morning on HLN were that that NBA tried to get rid of this guy 32 years ago. Apparently because of shady financial practices. They even said he agreed to sell that team but delayed it so long everyone stopped caring about kicking him out. The second item was that he has cancer and some people thought he would be dead 2 years ago.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information