Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells GF, 'Do not bring black people to my games'

Illegally recorded or not, what he said was still wrong and I am glad his views and his can't-touch-me lifestyle have been exposed.

fgg

good god! that man is revolting.
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She's a disgusting pig, too. Especially because she's a woman that is half black and half hispanic. She was ok with his racism as long as she was getting paid. Bentley's, Ferrari's, condos, cash. Don't tell me she didn't know about his point of view. She spent enough time around this man to know what he was like and to know how he felt.

i think he was just banned from the NBA for life. which, if we're lucky, only means a few years tops anyway.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

She sold out.

I LOVE K.A.J., now that's a classy and truthful way to respond to this. Anyone who had read the Leann thread knows that CA is a 2 party state as far as recording go.

Yup, he's done.
    rollo likes this.

Donald Sterling banned for life from NBA | The Asbury Park Press NJ | app.comNEW YORK — Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been banned for life by the NBA in response to racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation.

Commissioner Adam Silver said he will try to force the controversial owner to sell his franchise. Sterling has also been fined $2.5 million, and Silver made no effort to hide his outrage over the comments.

He said a league investigation found that the league’s longest-tenured owner was in fact the person on the audiotapes that were released over the weekend.

“We stand together in condemning Mr. Sterling’s views,” Silver said. “They simply have no place in the NBA.”

Sterling acknowledged he was the man on the tape, Silver said.

Sterling is immediately barred from attending any NBA games or practices, be present at any Clippers office or facility, or participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team.

He also cannot participate in any league business going forward.

“This league is far bigger than any one owner, any one coach and any one player,” Silver said.

The fine will be donated to organizations dedicated to anti-discrimination and tolerance efforts that will be jointly selected by the NBA and the Players Association, Silver said.

Sterling’s comments were released over the weekend by TMZ and Deadspin, and numerous NBA owners and players have condemned them. Even President Barack Obama weighed in on the crisis, the first of Silver’s brief tenure as commissioner.

Before Silver took the podium, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted out a photo of the NBA Constitution, saying “It exists for a reason.”

The announcement of the sanctions came just hours before the Clippers will play Golden State in Game 5 of a knotted-up Western Conference first-round playoff series.

Several sponsors either terminated or suspended their business dealings with the team on Monday, though individual deals that some of those companies have with Clippers stars like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will continue and were not affected. Still, it was a clear statement that companies, like just about everyone inside the league, were outraged.

The issues raised when the tapes were released over the weekend represent just another chapter in Sterling’s long history of being at the center of controversy.

In the past, he’s faced extensive federal charges of civil rights violations and racial discrimination in his business dealings, and some of his race-related statements would be described as shocking.

He has also been sued in the past for sexual harassment by former employees, and even the woman who goes by the name “V. Stiviano” — purportedly the female voice on the tapes at the center of this scandal — describes Sterling in court documents as a man “with a big toothy grin brandishing his sexual prowess in the faces of the Paparazzi and caring less what anyone else thought, the least of which, his own wife.”

Stiviano is being sued by Rochelle Sterling, who is seeking to reclaim at least $1.8 million in cash and gifts that her husband allegedly provided the woman.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

“We stand together in condemning Mr. Sterling’s views,” Silver said. “They simply have no place in the NBA.”.
    or anywhere else.
    KrisNine, Belt Up, mjw and 5 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

This story has so many WTF moments, but the greatest to me, is that the NAACP was planning to host an event where they were going to present him with a lifetime achievement award on May 15th. Someone there has failed to do research. How could they have possibly been planning to honor a man who was sued for being a racist in housing?
    Last edited by sluce; April 29th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Was it a lifetime achievement award for racism?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

LOL - now that would be appropriate.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

quoting the APP?? interesting ....

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    This story has so many WTF moments, but the greatest to me, is that the NAACP was planning to host an event where they were going to present him with a lifetime achievement award on May 15th. Someone there has failed to do research. How could they have possible been planning to honor a man who was sued for being a racist in housing?
    $$$$ Money Talks.

they'll overlook his racist history as long as he keeps donating money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    quoting the APP?? interesting ....
    It's my local paper, pops up on my Facebook feed.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

czb

^^^ i'm familiar with the APP, was just surprised to see it quoted here!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information