Page 37 of 352 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree12887Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

Elite Member

Rob Kardashian, the most tragic figure of America's most fame-seeking family

Rob Kardashian, the most tragic figure of America's most fame-seeking family

The Washington Post
    Emily Yahr 1 day ago

From millions of dollars in TV deals to ubiquity across the world, the stratospheric rise of the Kardashians over the past decade has been an enormous benefit to nearly everyone in the family.
    There’s one very notable exception. We speak, of course, of Rob Kardashian, the 28-year-old reluctant reality star whose apparent downward spiral over the last year has made him the most tragic figure of America’s most fame-seeking family.

On the most recent episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Rob received what he desperately does not want: Attention. His avoidance of the spotlight clashes deeply with everything that his mother (Kris Jenner) and sisters (Kim, Kourtney and Khloe) stand for on a daily basis. Therefore, the show had to reconcile the family’s penchant for revealing every small detail — literally, everything — about their lives, and the fact that Rob refuses to even be seen on camera.

The whole episode (which dealt with the family’s attempts to help Rob, who is said to be suffering from depression after gaining a large amount of weight) did little except call attention to the major downsides of stardom. It was a deeply uncomfortable reminder that for the massive number of jokes and snark thrown at the Kardashians, they’re still real people, and at least one of them is truly struggling.

It’s hard to pinpoint what’s going on with Rob, because as “open” as the family is, everyone is vague. It’s not even clear exactly what set off the attempt to help him, given that you never know how the reality show is edited. In the beginning of the show, Kris gets a call from one of her employees saying that Rob needs money. Kris is hesitant to help out, as she shares with the camera that Rob has withdrawn from the whole family and “hasn’t been in the best head space lately.”
    “As a mom, it breaks my heart to see Rob going through what he’s going through,” Kris says. “He’s kind of stuck in a really bad place and I just want to help him get out of it.”

She later continues, getting emotional: “I can’t take it anymore. I just kept thinking it was going to go away and he would figure it out on his own, but he’s not…I feel like if I don’t help him do something drastic, that he’s going to die.”

The veiled references to Rob’s problems continue: Through various conversations, we learn that Rob is living in Khloe’s house, where he stays rent-free, eats her groceries and utilises her housekeeping service. He mostly refuses to come out of his bedroom and rarely leaves the house. He has also cut himself off from his family: Kim recently wrote him a long letter, Kris has been trying to get in touch, and he won’t respond.

Kris, determined to get to the bottom of Rob’s problems, enlists a mysterious “guy” (viewers never see his face, know his name or figure out exactly what he does) to come to the house and advise them on what to do. Sitting with Kim and Kourtney, Kris starts to cry as she recounts Rob’s life: He’s been athletic his whole life — including a stint on Dancing With the Stars — but in the past year, he’s gained 100 pounds. He missed Christmas; he skipped Kim and Kanye West’s wedding; and now, he won’t talk to anyone.

“He obviously has some kind of depression,” interjects Kim, who bills herself as the “tough love” sister. “He is the king of excuses.”

“Everyone’s been overcompensating for him since my dad died, cause he was 16,” Kourtney explains. “I don’t know if it’s because he has it so easy, but then also at the same time with what he’s going through, I don’t want him to feel even more alone.

© Rex Features/Broadimage Rob Kardashian at Los Angeles International Airport last year.

Regular viewers and tabloid readers know these problems have been around for awhile. Rob, who used to frequently appear on the show, has addressed them before on TV, such as when his weight gain started and a doctor warned him about all of his potential health problems. There’s the famous family therapy episode from 2012, where he left in tears.

There’s been lots of drama, too, such as numerous reports that Rob ditched Kim and Kanye’s wedding last spring, arriving in Paris but then immediately flying back to Los Angeles when he became self-conscious about being photographed for the first time in months. More recently, Rob posted a screenshot of the psychopath character from “Gone Girl,” comparing her to Kim; he left the photo up for days and then finally deleted it this weekend.

Going deeper into Kardashian lore, the family has spoken about how tough it was for Rob when his father and Kris’s ex-husband, Robert Kardashian, died when Rob was a teenager in 2003, which has contributed to some of his emotional issues. It’s also common knowledge that Rob’s problems coincided with the end of his sister Khloe’s marriage to NBA player Lamar Odom; the couple divorced amid reports of Odom’s drug use (which he denied). The family talked about how Rob, who lived with the couple, bonded with Lamar and was extremely shaken when he suddenly disappeared.

That appears to be why he still lives with Khloe, who is very protective of him.
    She’s furious when she finds out Kris and her sisters want to stage an intervention and didn’t consult her. In earlier episodes, Khloe confesses her immense guilt about not protecting Rob when he lived with her and Lamar, which could have led to Rob’s emotional spiral. “Being in that house, it was so dark and it made me do dark things,” Khloe says while talking to her step-brother, Brody Jenner, not specifying exactly what she means. “Only Rob, Lamar and I know what happened in the house and what was going on. And I definitely feel guilty.”

The rest of the episode was a back-and-forth between the family as they try to figure out what to do: But in typical Kardashian form, they make it all about the sisters even while extensively discussing Rob’s very private issues. Everyone disagrees on how to handle the situation. Kim is all about tough love and says they should cut him off until he gets help. Khloe is softer but soon grows frustrated, breaking down in tears when Rob refuses help when the team of “experts” arrives at his house for a surprise intervention of sorts.
    Through it all, we never see Rob — only hear his voice once when Khloe uses speakerphone.

Later, Khloe loses it. While she refuses to kick Rob out of the house (which was Kim’s suggestion), she says he can’t use her housekeeper anymore. Then Kris starts feeling guilty and tells Rob that he can come over and stay at her place, while Kim rolls her eyes at Kris for being such an enabler.

That’s pretty much where the episode ends: Ultimately nothing is remotely solved or given closure. It’s an unsettling feeling, especially as the family alludes to some serious health issues, and it’s treated as just another plotline on their reality show. No one knows what’s actually going on behind the scenes, but somehow that just makes it more disturbing.

There’s no one better than the Kardashians at presenting an edited version of themselves to the world, but if that’s something that contributed to Rob’s problems, it’s a vicious cycle that shows the truly dark sides of fame.

Sounds like drugs. Rob is the only one I like and I sincerely hope he gets help before something bad happens.

Gotta love them Florida Convicts

Kim Kardashian & Kanye West

Prisoner Sues

Keep Those People Out of Florida!

4/8/2015 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West must be stopped at the Florida border, because they're nothing but wannabe Jay Z's and Beyonce's ... according to a prisoner who has taken his cause to court.
    Wayne Albright -- who's been locked up since 2000 for attempted sexual assault -- claims Florida needs protection from the couple he calls "Meat Whistles" and "Moose Knuckles."
    Albright shows abject contempt for the famous duo, declaring the only tolerable Kardashian is Rob, who's "eating himself out of house and home, no doubt from the shame he feels as a result of what Kim has done to the Kardashian name."
    The prisoner is specifically targeting Kim and Kanye from stepping foot in Florida, and he wants to "ban these two Moose Knuckles from appearing on any television programs aired in the state of Florida, unless it's Court TV and they're on trial for posing as a famous couple."
    Albright seeks a temporary restraining order, telling the judge, "You have your work cut out for you ... so what do you say? Make us all proud."

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

This prisoner guy has it fucking right (about the Kardashians, not so much about sexual assault).

Go for it Wayne!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Why didn't I think of this???

It needs to be a worldwide class action suit.
    Clubber Lang and SHELLEE like this.

'No Kardashian Parking' signs pop up in L.A.

Parking in Los Angeles has never been easy. But for one famous family in particular, it may have become that much more difficult.

Signs reading "No Kardashian Parking Anytime" have made an appearance in various places around L.A., Calif. One is placed quite pointedly in front of Dash, the clothing boutique owned by the reality show sisters.
    Seven signs were put up across the city by street artist known as Plastic Jesus. The artist said that the signs are not meant as a direct criticism of the Kardashians, but as a critique of a celebrity-obsessed culture.
    "It's a deeper message of 'let's stop the celebrity chasing'," he told USA TODAY Network.
    Plastic Jesus was inspired to make the signs after seeing a swarm of photographers descend upon one of the sisters while she was out shopping.
    "I thought to myself, 'how did this become a news event?'," he said, explaining that the Kardashian family in particular has been the subject of a lot of attention from mainstream media outlets.
    The artist said that though celebrity and fame do have a place in society, over the past few years, mainstream media has been focused on increasing circulation by reaching for celebrity news.
    "Hunger, starvation, unemployment…These kinds of stories are getting pushed to the back, while celebrity news is at the fore," he said.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Los Angeles Police Department said that "no complaints have yet been filed about the signs, but insisted it's a pretty clear case of vandalism, regardless of the artistic intent."

'No Kardashian Parking' signs pop up in L.A.

Yet another great idea.
    Lily Bleu likes this.

Elite Member

Kim And Khloe Kardashian Visit Armenia's Prime Minister

Kim And Khloe Kardashian Visit Armenia's Prime Minister | Story | Wonderwall

GossipCop, Thursday, April 9, 2015, 3:05pm (PDT)

By Minyvonne Burke

Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian visited Armenia’s Prime Minister on Thursday. The sisters, who were joined by two cousins on their late father Robert Kardashian’s side, were photographed discussing the Armenian genocide with the country’s Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan.

As Gossip Cop reported, Kim and Khloe arrived in Armenia Wednesday, timing their trip with the upcoming 100th anniversary of the mass killing. It’s the first time they are visiting the country of their ancestors, and have been flooding their Instagram accounts with photos and videos from their trip.

“Armenia we are here!!! We are so grateful to be here & start this journey of a lifetime!!” Kim wrote on Wednesday, shortly after arriving in the country. Khloe posted a photo of a swarm of fans standing outside their hotel room with the caption, “The love and welcoming to Armenia has been overwhelmingly beautiful! I wholeheartedly can’t believe all of you Angels who are outside our hotel with flowers and smiles. I’m incredibly eager to get some sleep and see Armenia in the day light!”
    Besides visiting with the Prime Minister, Khloe and Kim also took pictures standing in front of the Mother Armenia statue in the nation’s capital of Yerevan. Khloe took to Instagram to explain that the statue “symbolizes peace through strength.”

Kim's face looks positively insectoid and Khloe's face and lips are so jacked up on fillers they look about to pop. I don't get it. Don't they see this when they look at photos of themselves?
    arie_skop and Lily Bleu like this.

Gold Member

It's cute that Khloe is trying to pass for Armenian.

Look at Kim's stupid face, she's pretending to listen and really thinking about what to wear next
    rollo, Brah, Angeli and 2 others like this.

I have lost all respect for the leaders of Armenia for giving these people even one moment of time.
    SHELLEE, missbazilb, czb and 8 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Is Khloe's face powdered here or did she forget to wash off all the cocaine?
    Last edited by joebob; April 10th, 2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Sylkyn likes this.

Thread Information