Page 350 of 352 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352 LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5270
Like Tree12887Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

I believe OJ and Nicole's kids are the two in front of Kourtney.
    holly and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I think the woman next to Nicole and Kourtney is the morally corrupt Faye Resnick?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Kim Kardashian's 'kimono' shapewear accused of cultural appropriation

Kim Kardashian has sparked debate in Japan by naming her new line of shapewear 'Kimono,' prompting some to accuse her of disrespecting the traditional outfit. (@kimonobody/Twitter)

AFP
    Published Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:05AM EDT

American television star Kim Kardashian has sparked debate in Japan by naming her new line of shapewear "Kimono," prompting some to accuse her of disrespecting the traditional outfit.

The pop culture icon unveiled the new "Kimono" line on Twitter, revealing she had been working for a year on the underwear to offer "solutions for women that actually work."
    But the announcement garnered mixed reaction both at home and in Japan, with some offering their criticism on Twitter using the hashtag #KimOhNo.

"She's been to Japan many times. I'm shocked. She has no respect," tweeted one user in Japanese.

"I like Kim Kardashian, but please pick a name other than kimono if it's underwear," wrote another.

"The Japanese government should file a protest against Kardashian," wrote a third.

Kimono literally means "something to wear," while Kardashian's use of it appeared to be a play on her first name. The new line's website offered no explanation, and Kardashian has yet to respond to her online detractors.

And not everyone was opposed to the name, with some users arguing it could offer a chance to promote a traditional outfit that is declining in popularity even in Japan.
    Once a standard of the Japanese wardrobe, the kimono is now often reserved for special occasions, such as weddings and coming-of-age ceremonies, and is mostly worn by women.

And while the elaborate outfits might appear to have little in common with the snug garb being offered by Kardashian, kimonos are not only often hugely expensive but known for being hard to wear.

Women frequently hire experts to dress them in kimono because the outfit requires seemingly endless nipping, tucking and strapping.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...tion-1.4482998

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I believe right next to Faye Resnick is Nicole's sister, Denise.

The couple next to the Jenner's, I have no idea.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Kim Kardashian's 'kimono' shapewear accused of cultural appropriation

Kim Kardashian has sparked debate in Japan by naming her new line of shapewear 'Kimono,' prompting some to accuse her of disrespecting the traditional outfit. (@kimonobody/Twitter)

AFP
    Published Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:05AM EDT

American television star Kim Kardashian has sparked debate in Japan by naming her new line of shapewear "Kimono," prompting some to accuse her of disrespecting the traditional outfit.

The pop culture icon unveiled the new "Kimono" line on Twitter, revealing she had been working for a year on the underwear to offer "solutions for women that actually work."
    But the announcement garnered mixed reaction both at home and in Japan, with some offering their criticism on Twitter using the hashtag #KimOhNo.

"She's been to Japan many times. I'm shocked. She has no respect," tweeted one user in Japanese.

"I like Kim Kardashian, but please pick a name other than kimono if it's underwear," wrote another.

"The Japanese government should file a protest against Kardashian," wrote a third.

Kimono literally means "something to wear," while Kardashian's use of it appeared to be a play on her first name. The new line's website offered no explanation, and Kardashian has yet to respond to her online detractors.

And not everyone was opposed to the name, with some users arguing it could offer a chance to promote a traditional outfit that is declining in popularity even in Japan.
    Once a standard of the Japanese wardrobe, the kimono is now often reserved for special occasions, such as weddings and coming-of-age ceremonies, and is mostly worn by women.

And while the elaborate outfits might appear to have little in common with the snug garb being offered by Kardashian, kimonos are not only often hugely expensive but known for being hard to wear.

Women frequently hire experts to dress them in kimono because the outfit requires seemingly endless nipping, tucking and strapping.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...tion-1.4482998

Am I confused what a kimono is? I think this is more misuse of a vokabulary word than cultural appropriation. She probably pronounces it "Kim Mono" which sounds like her very own viral strain.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A*O

Oh for FUCKS sake. This has got to stop.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I don't know to what aspect of the story you are referring, but I agree heartily.
    Novice, Flygirl, DawnM74 and 1 others like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A*O

Twitchy AND Novice agree with me this in two different threads? Fuuuuuuck.
    Novice, DawnM74 and Mrs P like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

end times
    Novice and Daphodil like this.

Novice agrees with youin2 threads!

for the person that asked:-
    kimono

Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Novice agrees with youin2 threads!

for the person that asked:-
    kimono

Yeah...exactly. Not sure how Kim thinks she should adopt the word kimono for a rubber fetish line and I'm not sure how the internet mobs are calling it cultural appropriation since it doesn't in any way have anything to do with actual kimonos.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A*O

Oh come on, it’s just a play on the word. Not witty or sophisticated but we’re in kardashian kuntry after all. I doubt she thought it up anyway what with all her distracting legal studies and all.
    What has to stop is the “cultural appropriation” bollox. I bet none of the humourless PC enforcers taking offence on other people’s behalf are actually Japanese.
    DawnM74 and fgg like this.

It's not cultural appropriation but I also had to laugh at the idiots who were saying that she was doing a service to Japanese culture by bringing attention to traditional dress. As fucking if...
    DawnM74 likes this.

Elite Member

Kimono is a stupid name for a shapewear line, not cultural appropriation, however, if we're going to go there... kimonos are shapeless, so why would you want to name your shapewear after something that has no shape anyway???
    Mrs Fawlty and Waterslide like this.

fgg

Kim Kardashian to rename ‘Kimono’ shapewear after backlash

Kim Kardashian has finally given in to the critics.

The reality star, 38, got herself into international hot water following the announcement of her latest business venture last week, a shapewear company called Kimono.

Backlash against the name, which Kardashian trademarked last year for the use of undergarments, shapewear and actual kimonos, was swift. Fans accused the star of cultural appropriation, spammed pages with the hashtag #KimOhNo and called upon the star to rename her line.

Kardashian initially resisted, insisting that she meant no disrespect, but revealed on Monday that she will be changing the name.

“I am always listening, learning and growing – I so appreciate the passion and varied perspectives that people bring to me. When I announced the name of my shapewear line, I did so with the best intentions in mind,” she announced on Twitter, adding, “My brands and products are built with inclusivity and diversity at their core and after careful thought and consideration, I will be launching my Solutionwear brand under a new name. I will be in touch soon. Thank you for your understanding and support always.”

The about-face was likely due to increased pressure from more prominent voices, including the mayor of Kyoto, Japan, who on Sunday wrote Kardashian an open letter.

“Kimono is a traditional ethnic dress fostered in our rich nature and history with our predecessors’ tireless endeavors and studies, and it is a culture that has been cherished and passed down with care in our living. Also, it is a fruit of craftsmanship and truly symbolizes sense of beauty, spirits and values of Japanese,” Mayor Daisaku Kadokawa, who is known for wearing a kimono while carrying out official duties, wrote in an open letter to Kardashian on Sunday, according to Japan Today.

Kadokawa also informed Kim that his city is trying to have kimono culture registered on UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage list. The mayor ended his letter, which was sent by mail and e-mail as well as posted on his official Facebook page, by inviting Kardashian to visit Kyoto so that she can “experience the essence of Kimono Culture and understand our thoughts and our strong wish.”

Initially, a few days after announcing the launch of her brand (which is scheduled to be released in July), Kardashian responded with a public show of respect but no remorse.

“I understand and have deep respect for the significance of the kimono in Japanese culture,” she said in a statement to the New York Times last week. “My solutionwear brand is built with inclusivity and diversity at its core and I’m incredibly proud of what’s to come.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/01/kim-k...fter-backlash/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information