Page 349 of 351 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351 LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5263
Like Tree12875Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

Kim Kardashian's 'Prison Reform' Is Tied to a Corporate Sponsorship

Image: Getty
    As we reported last week, Kim Kardashian has partnered with Lyft to bring “5000 jobs” to former inmates. As TMZ reports, she’s “worked tirelessly on both the federal and local levels to ensure inmates will be provided housing and employment opportunities.” They also detail her upcoming partnership with the ride sharing giant, which goes into effect this week:

Sources with knowledge of Kim’s partnership with rideshare giant Lyft tell us the company has committed services to get up to 5k soon-to-be released inmates to job interviews. We’re told the biggest group of prisoners who have been granted release will get out of prison July 19.

Isn’t it unsurprising that walking billboard Kim Kardashian has tied her activism to a commercial “activation” that nets positive press for an industry battling a PR firestorm? I understand that, according to the quotes we’ve been given, Kim Kardashian believes she’s doing the “right thing.” She “wants to learn” and has been “confused about what she should do” in the past. The latter sentiment, in fact, led to her decision to pursue law (according to her speech last week in the White House announcing this partnership.) But as I read the developing story around this new treaty between Lyft and the White House, I’m reminded of a quote from Jezebel’s interview with Bhairavi Desai, labor activist and founding member of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance, ahead of the May strike organized by Lyft and Uber drivers:

“[Lyft] has been really savvy on social media. They would even give funding to local non-profits. And so they packaged themselves as members of the 99 percent. [laughs] Meanwhile, they’re financed by Wall Street and all along, were looking for the highest valuation in recent history. [...] They presented themselves as innovators and visionaries with this progressive bent and so even in the labor circles, we had to fight through this wall of support that was built around them. In the beginning, it was harder because they would offer bonuses to drivers to sign up. In the summer of 2015, Uber defeated an effort to cap the number of [for-hire] vehicles [in New York City]. Then in February 2016, they decided to cut drivers’ rates. They said drivers would earn less per fare, but they would be getting more passengers—in other words, drivers would work more for less.”

I can also say with some assurance that Donald Trump likes business. So much, in fact, that he’s crowned himself the king of deregulation. Lyft wants to permanently classify its workers as contract employees, as Quartz reportedlast week. By partnering with Trump, who gets a photo op with Kim Kardashian in return, this agenda surely inches along. As it’s been said: nobody is free until we are all free. Kim Kardashian has allowed a corporation to entrench its agenda into a decades-long struggle by prison abolition so that it can systematically strip hundreds of thousands of their rights. Many of which come from the same marginalized communities under siege by unjust legal systems. We don’t call it the Prison Industrial Complex for nothing!

Update, 11:46 a.m.: A spokesperson for Lyft tells us, “We are partnered with Cut50, who is also pattered with KKW. We aren’t partnered with the White House—but are nonetheless proud to be supporting the work Cut50 is doing. The way this will work is that we will supply ride credits through Cut50—who works to help support people who have recently been released from incarceration.
    This isn’t a sponsorship but a partnership—one in which we supply services directly to Cut50.”
    https://jezebel.com/kim-kardashians-...&ICID=ref_fark
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

do i see a lone wrinkle in her forehead?

Didn’t OJ say he had sex with Kris in the hot tub?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

That poor hot tub.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Elite Member

The cops were there when he took the bag.
    I think that's when O.J. came back from Vegas

I wonder how far apart in time these 2 pics are?

Well one was before he murdered Nicole and the other was after.
    twitchy2.0, mostroop, fgg and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's just so eerie. They all look so happy here. Poor Nicole.

Looks like the first pic was around Easter. It’s so sad looking at that pic knowing Nicole would die in just a couple of months and that at least six of those nine kids were permanently screwed up by their parents.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

You're right. I hadn't noticed the Easter buckets. Question answered!

So, who's who? The only ones I know for sure are Bruce and Kourtney... these people have had a lot of work done.

Oh - and I know OJ and Nicole.

czb

i see kim and is khloe the beast to the left of the olympian formerly known as bruce?

Kim with the big boobs aged 14.
    Chubby mulleted Khloe in the oversized shirt looking awkward.
    Robert standing in front of Kris.
    Kourtney beside Kris.
    Caitlyn as Bruce behind Kris
    OJ and Nicole
    That’s all Ive got
    Novice and fgg like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

It's kind of depressing to see really old pictures of Kim when she still had some semblance of a facial expression and a glimmer of light behind her eyes, but it's also depressing because it was before this family was truly foist upon the world and those were better times for all of us. And that's not even touching upon the whole OJ/Nicole thing...

Kourtney is the only one that really doesn't change.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yes, Kourtney pretty much looks exactly the same today.
    fgg and Waterslide like this.

Thread Information