Page 347 of 348 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348 LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 5207
Like Tree12788Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    So Kanye is starting his own church? That has the potential to puff up his ego even more than it already is. I'm sure he has good intentions but it could also create yet another Messiah/God complex church leader. He's unstable enough for that to happen.
    I am sure he is JUST so he can claim 501c3 status and evade paying taxes. What a crock. What training does he have to be preaching? Go back to music Kanye.

It kills me that my 10yo son is coming home from school asking me to buy Yeezy's. What a joke, a cloth sneaker is running $300-$800 and their clod hopper tennis shoes look like Skechers circa 1991. Ridiculous.
    fgg, Angeli, DawnM74 and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    So Kanye is starting his own church? That has the potential to puff up his ego even more than it already is. I'm sure he has good intentions but it could also create yet another Messiah/God complex church leader. He's unstable enough for that to happen.

And Kim doesn't want to be "a traditional pastor's wife" because they are supposed to be modest and supportive. Kim makes her money by taking off her clothes and she doesn't want to stop that money train. Plus she wants to be able to divorce Kanye eventually once they stop having babies.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So does PMK still have her church?
    Who? What? she has?

Yes, and it only costs $1000 per month to join.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yes, and it only costs $1000 per month to join.
    HOW? What kind of church? The chapel of famewhoring? WHo is stupid enough to pay?

Worship with Kim and the Kardashians

Join the happy throng at the newly rebranded California Community Church – it's only $1,000 a month

Marina Hyde

Thu 10 Apr 2014

Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom were married by Brad Johnson in the church of Khloe's mother, Chris Jenner. Photograph: Startraks Photo/Rex

And so to an exciting new trend in celebrity worship, which is suddenly making cult adherence look embarrassingly old-fashioned. Whereas yesterday's directional star would become involved with Scientology, or latterly Kabbalah, today's smart entertainer actually starts their own church. Think of it as the United Artists of Religion: a chance for the stars to creatively control the worship formats in which they feature, instead of being at the mercy of some exploitative owner such as the pope or David Miscavige.

As discussed frequently in this column, Mel Gibson has ploughed upwards of $68m into his own church, the Holy Family chapel, which operates out of a heavily fortified 17-acre compound in Los Angeles' Agoura Hills. Mel is listed as the church's CEO in federal tax records, and its last reported congregation numbered just 70 heavily screened worshippers.

Space does not permit a full rundown of its articles of faith, though suffice to say it does everything in Latin, and does not recognise any changes in Catholic theology post the second Vatican Council, which wound up in 1965. This includes the idea of marital annulment – even though Mel himself dissolved his marriage just a few years ago. That little schism caused a big scandal in his church, in which – maddeningly, but realistically – Mel was denied the Henry VIII option. It is all very well splitting with Rome because you've got your eye on someone else, but you can hardly split with yourself. Certainly not if it is the receptacle for tens of millions of your tax-free dollars. If the reports were correct, Mel resolved the matter by losing his rag in front of the altar and threatening to shut the place down if people kept badmouthing him.

But our primary business today is with the church founded by reality spider plant Kris Jenner, mother of Kim Kardashian and all the other endlessly proliferating offshoots. Are you aware that such an establishment exists? It used to be called the Life Change Church, but recently rebranded as the California Community Church – eventually no doubt to become the Kalifornia Kommunity Khurch. Its AD year zero was 2009, and its services seem to be a movable feast, mostly held at the Sheraton Hotel in … aha! … Agoura Hills. A location that obviously lends itself to idiosyncratic celebrity-founded churches.

Kim Kardashian, who gives 10% of her income to her mother's church. Photograph: Noam Galai/WireImage

The establishment is fronted, intriguingly, by a formerly disgraced pastor called Brad Johnson, who was forced to resign from his last post after an adultery scandal, and thereafter opined: "Regarding future ministry, uh no, can't see it … Not qualified."

For reasons that remain obscure, Jenner disagreed, and when seeking the perfect figurehead for her new religious venture, tracked Brad down to the Starbucks at which he was working. (I seem to recall that was how Jesus hired St Paul. Or was it Peter and Andrew to whom he promised: "I will make you baristas of men"? Either way, it's been done before.)

Somehow, Brad found the strength he needed to leave the macchiato-making – one imagines the details are contained in his book entitled How to Forgive Yourself and Others (recently promoted by Kim Kardashian). He made his Keeping Up With the Kardashians debut officiating at the since-troubled marriage between Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom. He now heads up a church that insists its congregants donate $1,000 (£600) a month or 10% of their incomes. Opting for the latter tithe is a certain Ms Kim Kardashian.

Yes, you may recall that a few months ago, Kim self-deprecatingly accepted plaudits for her announcement that she gives 10% of all her earnings to charity – and took the opportunity to reveal that she had started giving them to this church, which obviously counts as a charity, after a fashion I'm sure you'd have to be a tax lawyer to have any sort of a view upon. Still, it is certainly one for the likes of Jimmy Carr and Chris Moyles to consider next time they wish to avoid paying out to those plebs at the revenue. Perhaps they could go in together on modest premises in north London, and St Jimmy's and St Christopher's could take its place as the most financially impenetrable religious establishment outside the Vatican.

As for where the business in Agoura Hills is all leading, the smart money would surely be on the late-21st century's version of the 30 years war. Give it a couple of decades, and Lost in Showbiz envisages a dystopian faithscape ravaged by what have become two most powerful churches on earth – Mel's and Kris's. It's not much to look forward to, but I'm afraid the best thing a speck of dust such as yourself can do is stockpile arms, and await news of a defenestration.
    source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...mmunity-church
    Waterslide likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

SO Kris has her little tax scheme going on
    sprynkles and DawnM74 like this.

czb

probably one of many.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Elite Member

Everything in their life is just one giant scam.
    DawnM74 and HeartShapedBox like this.

I actually find the Mel Gibson "religion" more interesting and less obviously a money grab. I mean, he's CEO and he pays taxes on his "church"? Doesn't he know he's doing it wrong?

Did that article really call Kris a "reality spider plant"? LOL

From the official site for California Community Church:

What do I wear?

Clothes. We honestly don’t care what kind. (Most of us dress casually, including our jeans-and-converse-wearing pastor, if that helps.)

I've seen what the Kardashians wear to Easter mass and it's not clothes, per se.
    kasippu likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The Lardassians are money grubbers in it for the money.

Mel is just nuts. I mean, it literally makes no sense he wants his own pre-vatican 2 version of a catholic church, when he would have been on the short and quick list for ex-communication from a catholic church pre-vatican days due to his fucked up life and choices. I really think he's equal parts self-righteously enraged and equal parts self-hating over this knowledge, and that's the reason for a church of his own. (i.e He wants to be pope of this dump).
    Waterslide likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    HOW? What kind of church? The chapel of famewhoring? WHo is stupid enough to pay?
    You'd be surprised ^^'
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Elite Member

I can imagine for people who want to become famous them rubbing shoulders with famous people makes them feel more important. Ya know the insta famous people and the ilk.

Then there is Kanye’s Instagram church which is invite only..... *insert my disgust here*

Not sure how hes he’s going to “re-master” these lyrics...

“Today I seriously thought about killing you/I contemplated, premeditated murder/And I think about killing myself, and I love myself way more than I love you, so… – ‘I Thought About Killing You’”

Kanye West’s Sunday Church Service: Where Spirituality and Exclusivity Meet

By SHIRLEY JU

CREDIT: EVAN AGOSTINI/INVISION/AP/REX/SH

Another Sunday has passed which means another installment of Kanye West’s weekly church service. Launched at the top of the year, it’s become the most prestigious, highly-coveted invitation among the greater music community in Los Angeles — an event that only the select and handpicked worshipers get to experience.
    So what’s the service like? Think: next level and beyond. West has the ability to transform a choir into a moving live orchestra, leaving outsiders to muse about the mysterious prayer circle from afar.
    With that in mind, Variety spoke to multiple attendees of recent services to learn more about the most lit church service of our time.

1. It’s a spiritual version of Kanye’s songs.According to attendees, West’s reinterpretation of his own music is meant to take on a spiritual essence — particularly songs like “Jesus Walks,” “Lift Off” and “Father Stretch My Hands, Pt. 1,” all of which have been performed and described as “an expression of love.”
    2. The location changes week to week.Locations have included a secret space in Burbank, West’s home studio in Calabasas and the surrounding hills and forests of Los Angeles. One service took place at the Adidas headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Perhaps West is trying to impress for the Creative Director position he recently revealed he had been pitching for?
    KW x @RealFredHammond
    Sunday Service on a Tuesday at adidas. pic.twitter.com/f9wkLaP8zG
    — TeamKanyeDaily (@TeamKanyeDaily) March 5, 2019
    3. There’s a pre-service to the actual service. Sources tell us that there’s a pre-service to the actual service, which is just a brunch and some band members are utilized for one and not the other.
    4. Everyone must sign a non-disclosure agreement. Attendees are forbidden from talking to the press, which is meant to heighten the sense of exclusivity. But clearly, Instagram is allowed.
    5. West spares no expense. A musician posted a video to his Instagram of West singing with the entire choir on an airplane — a flight the rapper-producer purportedly sprang for.
    6. Kindness on tap. This isn’t a Hollywood club where you get a stare down from the list holder; Everyone that comes is invited personally and treated with kindness by security and staff — just like any church service.
    7. Kim Kardashian-West serves as unofficial videographer. With West leading the musical portion of the service, his wife is capturing content for Twitter and Instagram.
    BOUND 2 WITH CHARLIE WILSON
    ADIDAS NORTH AMERICA pic.twitter.com/gxE1w7m9fr
    — TeamKanyeDaily (@TeamKanyeDaily) March 5, 2019
    8. All-star congregation: From Gospel singers like Fred Hammond to music producers Frank Dukes and Rick Rubin, the Sunday guest list features major names from the music world, including: Diplo, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, Francis & The Lights, Stevie Mackey, Benny Blanco, Fonzworth Bentley, Lil Dicky, Kid Cudi, Verdine White from Earth, Wind and Fire, David Letterman and DMX, among others.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...65652/#respond

WAIT!!!! Did y’all miss this too???

Kanye West's Child Has a 7-Year-Old Boyfriend Who Gave Her Tiffany's for Valentine's Day

BY MUSTAFA GATOLLARI4 MONTHS AGO
    There's been a lot of different responses to the news that Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's 5-year-old daughter, North West, already has a 7-year-old boyfriend.
    When I was 5-years-old I was still rocking a plastic proton pack and hell bent on protecting my family from ghosts to worry about the nuances of romantic relationships.

Not that kids don't have adorable head-over-heels relationships with classmates. We've all had crushes from a very young age or that special someone we loved being with at all hours of the day. We'd pull our chairs up next to them in class, run through the halls with them at school, walk back home together and get into all sorts of mischief, giggling ourselves silly as we planned our next day of adventures. It's a beautiful thing to have that innocent love where you just wanted to be with another person for no other reason than it made the both of you happy.

Which is probably why people are getting so skeeved out over these social media posts from North West's "man," Caiden Mills. This cute kid is an aspiring rapper, with parents who definitely know how to dress him. He's 7-year-old and has more swag than I, a bill-paying adult has. And judging from his Instagram account, he's got a more charmed life than most of us have. Look at him just chilling with NBA legend, Scottie Pippen.

SOURCE: INSTAGRAM

He's also got the cash lying around to get his 5-year-old, unicorn loving girlfriend some nice gifts too: bling from Tiffany's. And while it's cute in a way that he's going and getting his "girlfriend" jewelry, people are unnerved at the fact that all of it is being broadcast on social media, and with captions that are clearly not written by a 7-year-old, but by his parents, or managers of his account.

Captions like, "Shout out to Northie, Babygirl I'll see you soon." and "Boo'd up" are making people feel uneasy online. That, coupled with the fact that he's taking photos that look like something that'd be on an adult's account, make it look like he's being forced to grow up way too fast and not enjoying his childhood.

On the other hand, there's an undeniable amount of adoration to be had at seeing just how darn cute these kids are. Kanye and Kim love to set up play dates with the little man and seem to be absolutely smitten with him.
    Although there's definitely a clear reason why he's so active on social media: he's trying to get into the game from a very, very young age.

Caiden penned a song about a previous "crush" Nicki Minaj. His track "Dream about Nicki" earned him some love from the female rapper online and he even managed to meet her in real life and perform a couple of songs for her management team.

While his pics of hugging and getting kissed on the cheek by Minaj are feel good, there are still many who are skeeved out by how hard Caiden's being pushed as a child star, with some going so far as to call it "exploitation."

SOURCE: TWITTER
    There was also a lot of condemnation about the way certain media outlets covered the relationship, namely the language that was used in discussing how they were "boyfriend" and "girlfriend"; that it teeter-tottered the line of being cute and stepped well into the territory of straight up creepy.

Excellent social media management and playing the publicity game is an undeniable way to make money - the Kardashians have proven to be experts at it, so why are so many people at this North West/Caiden Mills story?
    I think it has to do with the fact that it's involving children, and potentially exploiting them for profit. It's pretty much a given that everyone understands when an adult is willing to "sell themselves" out and debase themselves in order to make a quick buck. Sure we hate them for it, but we still understand it because adults, often, are a lost cause.
    But these are kids we're talking about.

Arguably, North West will never be out of the spotlight due to who her mother and father are, but by thrusting her, and Caiden, into the spotlight from a young age basically forces their hand into being this type of media darling, especially when they're too young to make that decision for themselves.
    Once you're a public figure, you can't really take that back, and I think that's why people are so up in arms and generally creeped the heck out over this story

https://www.distractify.com/p/north-...-old-boyfriend

Mrs P likes this.

Thread Information