Page 123 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5270
Like Tree12887Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

  1. #1831
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,250

    Default

    I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that may be.
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

  2. #1832
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that - it brilliantly may be.
    TIM GUNN - GOD like Angel that is stated it brilliantly

    Tim says his fashion advice to people is: 'If you want guidance in fashion, just consider this: If a Kardashian is wearing it, don't,'

    'And I'm assuming there's a huge, perhaps million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along (Cait included) and creating these lives for them. I’m distrustful of it, and I find it all distasteful.'

    I love the man - he pulls no punches and is onto the fakeness of the whole stinkin lot of them
    Bluebonnet, idunno, CL** and 3 others like this.

  3. #1833
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    TIM GUNN - GOD like Angel that is stated it brilliantly

    Tim says his fashion advice to people is: 'If you want guidance in fashion, just consider this: If a Kardashian is wearing it, don't,'

    'And I'm assuming there's a huge, perhaps million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along (Cait included) and creating these lives for them. I’m distrustful of it, and I find it all distasteful.'

    I love the man - he pulls no punches and is onto the fakeness of the whole stinkin lot of them
    I just watched the first episode of Project Runway Junior. Tim is sooooo cute with the kids.
    tulip likes this.

  4. #1834
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    211

    Default

    He is so irreverant - I love him and he is not afraid of the KKK whereas every other celeb is jacked up wanting to be associated with them in the hope some of the fame will escalate their career.

    I love Tim's quote - "million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along" and ain't that the truth. He sure has pulled the light switch on them. Surely, their 15 minutes must be up?????
    Bluebonnet and idunno like this.

  5. #1835
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    He is so irreverant - I love him and he is not afraid of the KKK whereas every other celeb is jacked up wanting to be associated with them in the hope some of the fame will escalate their career.

    I love Tim's quote - "million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along" and ain't that the truth. He sure has pulled the light switch on them. Surely, their 15 minutes must be up?????
    I wish. I think the best part of this circus will be watching it all fall apart. I hope their downfall is spectacular.
    Mrs P, darksithbunny, CL** and 2 others like this.

  6. #1836
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I wish. I think the best part of this circus will be watching it all fall apart. I hope their downfall is spectacular.
    Pink wigs for all!
    tulip and darksithbunny like this.

  7. #1837
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that may be.
    I think that perhaps part of the issue is that Cait seems to have appointed herself to the role of spokesperson and is slicking a layer of glitter and gloss over everything in a "trend of the month" kind of way that doesn't reflect what life is like for the average transgender person. The issue has been Kardashianized by Jenner (who is fast out-Kardashianing the Kardashians) and has become nothing more than another gear in their Fame Machine.

    I have much more respect for Matrix screenwriter and director Lana (formerly Larry) Wachowski than Cait.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  8. #1838
    Elite Member kasippu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think that perhaps part of the issue is that Cait seems to have appointed herself to the role of spokesperson and is slicking a layer of glitter and gloss over everything in a "trend of the month" kind of way that doesn't reflect what life is like for the average transgender person. The issue has been Kardashianized by Jenner (who is fast out-Kardashianing the Kardashians) and has become nothing more than another gear in their Fame Machine.

    I have much more respect for Matrix screenwriter and director Lana (formerly Larry) Wachowski than Cait.

    I am torn here, as she really put the LGBT in the spotlight BUT that said I wouldn't want Kim Kardashian to be seen as the 'SPOKESWOMAN' for working mothers (I know it sounds stupid but I basically mean I wouldn't want any Kardashian to be a spokeswoman of what defines me)
    Kittylady likes this.

  9. #1839
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    48,885

    Default

    I am not torn. None of them are spokespeople for anything except famewhoring and making huge piles of cash. In Cait's case, she seems to be spokesperson for squeezing into tight gowns. Oooh, that's original.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

  10. #1840
    Elite Member Brah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,293

    Default

    She's getting criticized now for saying the hardest part of being a woman is choosing what to wear. Like, did people expect another answer from a Kardashian? The only other hard part is now trying to fit in her manicures into her pap walks.
    BelledeJour, rollo and Kittylady like this.

  11. #1841
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    She's getting criticized now for saying the hardest part of being a woman is choosing what to wear. Like, did people expect another answer from a Kardashian? The only other hard part is now trying to fit in her manicures into her pap walks.
    I was really supportive of her decision and bravery, but now that she is who she is…she didn't transition into a WOMAN…she transitioned into a KARDASHIAN. Yikes. Like we really needed another one of those!
    twitchy2.0, rollo, SHELLEE and 7 others like this.

  12. #1842
    Elite Member crayzeehappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the fog
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Did she have to transition into such an unlikeable woman?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

  13. #1843
    Elite Member arie_skop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,325

    Default

    Is I am Cait still on? That show seems irrelevant now.
    crash man likes this.

  14. #1844
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Did she have to transition into such an unlikeable woman?
    The outside has changed, the inside remains the same.
    holly and crayzeehappee like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  15. #1845
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Is I am Cait still on? That show seems irrelevant now.
    The ratings have sucked from the beginning. I didn't realize Kim was holding NW until I saw this article.

    Twitter Goes Wild For North West’s Afro Last Night
    Last edited by crash man; November 16th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    arie_skop likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Questions about politics in general
    By travelbug in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
  2. How much do you tip the pizza guy (or tip in general)?
    By celeb_2006 in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: April 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM
  3. General gossip snippets......
    By TheMoog in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 12th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •