Page 123 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5270
Like Tree12887Likes

Thread: Kontinuous Kardashian Krap

I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that may be.
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that - it brilliantly may be.
    TIM GUNN - GOD like Angel that is stated it brilliantly

Tim says his fashion advice to people is: 'If you want guidance in fashion, just consider this: If a Kardashian is wearing it, don't,'

'And I'm assuming there's a huge, perhaps million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along (Cait included) and creating these lives for them. I’m distrustful of it, and I find it all distasteful.'

I love the man - he pulls no punches and is onto the fakeness of the whole stinkin lot of them
    Bluebonnet, idunno, CL** and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    TIM GUNN - GOD like Angel that is stated it brilliantly

Tim says his fashion advice to people is: 'If you want guidance in fashion, just consider this: If a Kardashian is wearing it, don't,'

'And I'm assuming there's a huge, perhaps million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along (Cait included) and creating these lives for them. I’m distrustful of it, and I find it all distasteful.'

I love the man - he pulls no punches and is onto the fakeness of the whole stinkin lot of them
    I just watched the first episode of Project Runway Junior. Tim is sooooo cute with the kids.
    tulip likes this.

Bronze Member

He is so irreverant - I love him and he is not afraid of the KKK whereas every other celeb is jacked up wanting to be associated with them in the hope some of the fame will escalate their career.

I love Tim's quote - "million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along" and ain't that the truth. He sure has pulled the light switch on them. Surely, their 15 minutes must be up?????
    Bluebonnet and idunno like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    He is so irreverant - I love him and he is not afraid of the KKK whereas every other celeb is jacked up wanting to be associated with them in the hope some of the fame will escalate their career.

I love Tim's quote - "million-dollars-a-month publicity wagon that is pulling these girls along" and ain't that the truth. He sure has pulled the light switch on them. Surely, their 15 minutes must be up?????
    I wish. I think the best part of this circus will be watching it all fall apart. I hope their downfall is spectacular.
    Mrs P, darksithbunny, CL** and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I wish. I think the best part of this circus will be watching it all fall apart. I hope their downfall is spectacular.
    Pink wigs for all!
    tulip and darksithbunny like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I can see where the group is coming from in that she's rich and privileged. That being said, the public attention that Caitlyn brings I think is positive. So many people are just oblivious to the LGBT community. It's a good learning curve for them. Even my 95 year old grandpa, who is quite religious and from the south, is aware of Cait and accepting. I was really proud of him for that. I can't exactly recall what he said, but it was along the lines that we all just need to accept each other and live our true lives, whatever that may be.
    I think that perhaps part of the issue is that Cait seems to have appointed herself to the role of spokesperson and is slicking a layer of glitter and gloss over everything in a "trend of the month" kind of way that doesn't reflect what life is like for the average transgender person. The issue has been Kardashianized by Jenner (who is fast out-Kardashianing the Kardashians) and has become nothing more than another gear in their Fame Machine.

I have much more respect for Matrix screenwriter and director Lana (formerly Larry) Wachowski than Cait.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think that perhaps part of the issue is that Cait seems to have appointed herself to the role of spokesperson and is slicking a layer of glitter and gloss over everything in a "trend of the month" kind of way that doesn't reflect what life is like for the average transgender person. The issue has been Kardashianized by Jenner (who is fast out-Kardashianing the Kardashians) and has become nothing more than another gear in their Fame Machine.

I have much more respect for Matrix screenwriter and director Lana (formerly Larry) Wachowski than Cait.

I am torn here, as she really put the LGBT in the spotlight BUT that said I wouldn't want Kim Kardashian to be seen as the 'SPOKESWOMAN' for working mothers (I know it sounds stupid but I basically mean I wouldn't want any Kardashian to be a spokeswoman of what defines me)
    Kittylady likes this.

I am not torn. None of them are spokespeople for anything except famewhoring and making huge piles of cash. In Cait's case, she seems to be spokesperson for squeezing into tight gowns. Oooh, that's original.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She's getting criticized now for saying the hardest part of being a woman is choosing what to wear. Like, did people expect another answer from a Kardashian? The only other hard part is now trying to fit in her manicures into her pap walks.
    BelledeJour, rollo and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    She's getting criticized now for saying the hardest part of being a woman is choosing what to wear. Like, did people expect another answer from a Kardashian? The only other hard part is now trying to fit in her manicures into her pap walks.
    I was really supportive of her decision and bravery, but now that she is who she is…she didn't transition into a WOMAN…she transitioned into a KARDASHIAN. Yikes. Like we really needed another one of those!
    twitchy2.0, rollo, SHELLEE and 7 others like this.

Did she have to transition into such an unlikeable woman?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Is I am Cait still on? That show seems irrelevant now.
    crash man likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Did she have to transition into such an unlikeable woman?
    The outside has changed, the inside remains the same.
    holly and crayzeehappee like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Is I am Cait still on? That show seems irrelevant now.
    The ratings have sucked from the beginning. I didn't realize Kim was holding NW until I saw this article.

Twitter Goes Wild For North West’s Afro Last Night
    Last edited by crash man; November 16th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    arie_skop likes this.

Thread Information