Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

fgg

^damn! i didn't know they did that.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

In other ridiculous news, the washington post suspended one of its journalists for tweeting a link to a very good article about Kobe Bryant’s rape accusation, a tweet which got her thousands of insults and death threats. People are complicated and so are their legacies, it’s important to acknowledge the good and the bad.

the suspension clearly didn’t sit well with the WP’s journalists:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bryant-tweets/
    fgg, Brookie, Sarzy and 8 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    In other ridiculous news, the washington post suspended one of its journalists for tweeting a link to a very good article about Kobe Bryant’s rape accusation, a tweet which got her thousands of insults and death threats. People are complicated and so are their legacies, it’s important to acknowledge the good and the bad.

Yeah, that was one of the most ridiculous things to come out of this. I get wanting to cast him in a good light now that he's gone, but he wasn't a saint and his trial was major news.

fgg

Kobe Bryant and Wife 'Had a Deal That They Would Never Fly on a Helicopter Together': Source

https://people.com/sports/kobe-bryan...pter-together/
    Brookie and ShimmeringGlow like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Or was a rich athlete accustomed to having his own way, including using helicopters as regular transportation, insistent on flying regardless of the conditions? We'll probably never know.
    It’s still on the pilot.

So it seems Kobe is worth about a billion. Who knew?

Small excerpt from article:

Bryant diversified his career by breaking into the investing world even before leaving the NBA. In 2013, he co-founded venture capital firm Bryant Stibel along with Web.com founder Jeff Stibel.In creating the company, Bryant followed the model of a select number of other sports legends who have been able to transform skills developed on the court into business success. NBA Hall of Fame point guard Earvin "Magic" Johnson was among the first in 1987, when he founded investment firm Magic Johnson Enterprises, which invested in a number of sizable businesses, including Starbucks and New York's LaGuardia airport.

Bryant's firm now has more than $2 billion in assets, with investments in dozens of technology, media and data companies. Bryant Stibel claims at least 10 successful exits, including Dell and Alibaba. It also has investments in Fortnite creator Epic Games, digital payment company Klarna and household products firm The Honest Company.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/inves...acy/index.html
    Brookie likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

Honestly, when I first heard the news of his death, that's the first thing I thought of. I didn't really follow his career or later accomplishments, philanthropy etc., but I remembered that, and the press conference he gave with his poor wife sitting there. I just always assumed he was a jerk, maybe I was wrong and yes it's tragic and perhaps he atoned for his sins in later years and became a better man, but he was not a saint IMO. Inside Edition did mention it today and showed a clip of that press conference. But it seems most media outlets did not.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He was definitely a jerk, but he grew up into a seemingly decent man. I’ll give him props for learning and making changes.
    Brookie, tulip, weathered1 and 5 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    He was definitely a jerk, but he grew up into a seemingly decent man. I’ll give him props for learning and making changes.
    He was 25, a grown man, at the time of the rape allegations.

There are also rumors that I find extremely credible about a child he had with his girlfriend (not wife) a few years ago. The girlfriend is fact, the child has never been seen publicly as far as I know.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Grown sure, but definitely not mature.
    weathered1 likes this.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    He was 25, a grown man, at the time of the rape allegations.

There are also rumors that I find extremely credible about a child he had with his girlfriend (not wife) a few years ago. The girlfriend is fact, the child has never been seen publicly as far as I know.
    Countdown to the estate battles in 3, 2, 1...
    fgg likes this.

I’ll be the lone one to say that I find it in bad taste to bring up a rape case that happened years ago, that he was never Convicted of, right after his horrific death. I’m not saying that she should have been suspended, nor am I exonerating him. Hell, I don’t even care for hm but that was just malicious and she is now famous. It worked.
    sprynkles and I'mNotBitter like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He admitted later that it WAS rape. The victim won a civil suit after dropping criminal charges against him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I also remember reading somewhere, maybe it was gossip or whatever, that the only reason why he married Vanessa was because her father threatened to charge him for statutory rape because she was actually underaged when they got together. I don't know how true that is.

But even if he didn't rape that girl, and it was consensual, that means he cheated on his wife. What upstanding man does that? So him having a girlfriend isn't completely unbelievable.
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

weathered1 and Nevan like this.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information