Page 59 of 342 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree2740Likes

Thread: Kleptoskank Lindsay Lohan Nicks Bling, Evades Jail, Blames Black Kids Everywhere

Just out of law school huh?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sorry, just noticed that last poster explained the same thing!
    LOL, I did, but I deleted it, since I think you explained it a bit clearer than I did.

And no, it's been more than a few years since I've gotten out of law school, Montana. Unless you were talking to NickiDrea?

But for clarification, here's what I posted:

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm confused, too (and sober damnit!).

She's going to jail for violating her parole by attempting to steal a necklace but that hasn't been proven in court yet. Isn't the judge basically calling her guilty on the theft charge (before trial)?
    If her probation is being revoked, which is what it sounds like, then it's a separate hearing and the burden of proof is lower (preponderance of the evidence as opposed to beyond a reasonable doubt). She doesn't have to have been convicted of another crime before a probation revocation hearing, she just has to be shown to have violated her probation. If her probation is revoked, she may go to jail or prison based on whatever plea or sentence she had on the prior charge, but she will still be entitled to a trial on the new charge. If she pleads guilty or incriminates herself in some way concerning the new charge in her probation revocation hearing, that might be used against her in a subsequent criminal trial, though.

A parole hearing is another ball of wax and that's done before a board of pardons and paroles. They have a lot of power to put someone's ass back in prison and I'm guessing their burden of proof is at least equally as low.

Does that make sense?

^^^I have been a practicing attorney for 5 years and I have practiced criminal defense for 3. I do about 5 violation of probation hearings a day, so yeah, I'm pretty familiar with this stuff.

EDIT: Interestingly enough I just did one of these hearings this week on a theft case. My client got 1 1/2-3 upstate so Lilo actually lucked out.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Yeah, Nicki and Laurent are our resident law experts. Glad you guys can explain this stuff. I still don't understand why she never had to do the jail time she bonded out for a couple of months ago?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I still don't understand why she never had to do the jail time she bonded out for a couple of months ago?
    I didn't know she bonded out. How did that happen? You can't "bond out" of jail unless you are incarcerated on a case and pay bail. There is no bonding out for a case you've been convicted on unless it's a situation where you're waiting to be sentenced and the judge raises your bail or something.

I assume that she was on parole for her back case (the DUI). That's the only way she could have been out walking the streets.

But maybe California law is different. In the states where I practice you can't bond out on a case you've been sentenced on.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "

I was going to explain, but I see its already been done and very well.

Also, if you remember, there was allegedly explosive new info in her probation report and we were all speculating prostitution. Whatever it was, the judge will have read it and could have made her decision from that too. I really hope that report leaks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Lindsay Lohan has been charged with Felony Grand Theft, allegedly walking out of a jewelry store without paying for a necklace that was valued at $25,000. Surveillance photos have surfaced, showing the necklace partially covered by other jewelry on her neck. Lohan claims that the necklace was borrowed from the L.A. jewelry store on January 22, 2011. Her arraignment was held at 9:30 this morning, in an L.A. Courthouse, where Lohan plead not guilty to the felony charge.
    Lindsay Lohan mug shot - Photo: LAPD

Clearly fed up with Lohan, Judge Kieth Schwartz bluntly told her “things will be different” .Lohan also received a very strong warning from the judge . “You’re no different than anyone else … please don’t push your luck.”, according to TMZ.com.
    Judge Schwartz set her bail at $20,000 — but warned, “If you violate the law, I will remand you and there will be NO BAIL,” TMZ.com reported. Lohan was also ordered to refrain from contacting the jewelry store during the case. Lohan, alongside her attorney Shawn Chapman Holley, she was then remanded into custody.
    Lohan wasn’t brought to the courthouse in handcuffs, but was able to turn herself in, and be remanded after her arraignment. That didn’t slow down the amount of spectators and reporters on hand to document her arrival. And, what an interesting arrival it was. Compared to Sharon Stone’s infamous dress in the movie Basic Instinct, she showed up for her day in court in a short, form fitting long sleeved dress. It was reported that she had her hair fixed last night, for today’s appearance in the courtroom.
    Key evidence in the upcoming trial will likely be the video survellience. If the necklace was a loan, the footage should show Lohan filling out the required paperwork. It is a process for celebrities to borrow jewelry. A credit card is placed on file, as well as many documents being signed. The owner at the jewelry store in question told TMZ.com that usually it is an associated of the celebrity that borrows the jewelry, not the actual celebrity.
    While this is the first time legal charges have been filed against Lohan for theft, it isn’t the first accusation. Previous to this, there have been three other incidents. The first alleged theft was a $12,000 mink coat taken from a New York City nightclub in 2008. The next year, Lohan was a suspect in a missing $400,000 necklace from an Elle Magazine photo shoot. And it was just last year that the actress allegedly took a $35,000 Rolex, from a “friend.”
    If found guilty, Lohan could get as much as three years in jail. If she does indeed get jail time, we can only hope that the necklace in question goes well with an orange jumpsuit. She is due back in court on February 23,2011. She is currently out of jail, on posted bail money.

Lindsay Lohan Bailed Out Of Jail For $20,000 | Gossip and Gab

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Also, if you remember, there was allegedly explosive new info in her probation report and we were all speculating prostitution.
    Oh, Lawdy! I really need to go back and read this thread with a fine-toothed comb.

Me too! Damn, what did I miss??

She's getting 120 days in jail and 400 hours of community service, according to E!.

She'll get out of it, the slimy coke whore.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

It was just us speculating. Other than her drinking some sort of alcoholic tea, nothing good has leaked yet.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So she was just "officially charged" and "booked" on the misdemeanor? She'll do like 2 days, this is insane.
    Posted from my iPhone

No. There are no new charges. She's in jail for probation violation.

Lindsay Lohan -- Bailed Outta Lynwood ... Again

4/22/2011 9:22 PM PDT by TMZ Staff
    Lindsay Lohan just walked through her own personal revolving door -- the exit way at Lynwood Correctional Facility -- after a bondsman put up the cash to spring her.

According to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department's website ... LiLo was in custody for almost 5 hours and her bail was set at $75,000.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    explosive new info in her probation report and we were all speculating prostitution.
    F'realz?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information