Page 245 of 342 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5116
Like Tree2741Likes

Thread: Kleptoskank Lindsay Lohan Nicks Bling, Evades Jail, Blames Black Kids Everywhere

Lindsay LohanSmelled of Booze After CrashNew Plea Deal in Works

Exclusive
    Lindsay Lohan may have been drinking just before she crashed her Porsche last June on Pacific Coast Highway ... TMZ has learned. Nevertheless, prosecutors are offering her a brand new plea deal that does NOT involve jail.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... a bottle of alcohol was found next to Lindsay's Porsche, and we're told her breath smelled of alcohol. For some reason, cops did not perform a field sobriety test at the scene of the crash.

Sources tell us ... the Santa Monica City Attorney is prepared to offer Lindsay 60 days in a residential rehab facility in her lying-to-cops case -- where she said she wasn't driving the Porsche. That's 4 months less than the original offer.

In addition, we're told the City Attorney wants Lindsay to attend another set of AA meetings. And he wants her to do community service. We're told the prosecutor will let her do the community service in New York City, but -- unlike Chris Brown -- it must be closely monitored.

The wild card is that the L.A. City Attorney is also involved in the case because they're handling the jewelry heist case where Lindsay is still on probation. Up to now, we're told the L.A. City Attorney wanted jail time for the probation violation, but the prosecutor may back off that position.

The plea bargain meeting between prosecutors and Lindsay's lawyer, Mark Heller is today ... so stay tuned.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store

1) I can't believe they didn't do a breathalyzer
    2) I'm pissed this bitch is getting off w/out jail time
    3) On the other hand, it gives her more time free to screw up
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Elite Member

I have no problem if they force her to be checked into rehab. I do believe that it needs to be more than 60 days if there is any hope of it working for her though.

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    [h=2]
    1) I can't believe they didn't do a breathalyzer
    2) I'm pissed this bitch is getting off w/out jail time
    3) On the other hand, it gives her more time free to screw up
    1. They were told she was not driving so there would be no need to care if she was drinking.
    2. Jail time will serve no purpose for someone like this. They learn nothing in jail and we all pay for her. Rehab is paid for out of her pocket.
    3. Ahhh she'll will give us fresh material for the rest of her life from prison or the streets.
    dksnj likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Eh, 60 days in rehab won't do any good. How many times has she been there already?

Wasn't the last time when they released her early because she didn't actually have any problems? That doctor was a real fucking genius.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yep, just like the geniuses who released Mindy McCready because she wasn't a danger to herself or others.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

They released Mindy because they could no longer hold her against her will. It's a slippery slope. We can't give permission to hold people against their will without some serious proof that they are a threat. Then the facilities get blasted when someone like Mindy does do something. Plus the facilities are not allowed to release any info or make a statement because they have to protect the privacy of the patient. But the patient, and their PR team, can make any statement they want.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They released Mindy because they could no longer hold her against her will. It's a slippery slope. We can't give permission to hold people against their will without some serious proof that they are a threat. Then the facilities get blasted when someone like Mindy does do something. Plus the facilities are not allowed to release any info or make a statement because they have to protect the privacy of the patient. But the patient, and their PR team, can make any statement they want.
    I don't buy that, a judge ordered her to be committed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A judges order is usually only 48-72 hours long.

They let her out in 24.

Some states are 24 hours. Was she in Fl or Arkansas? The Mental Health Act of 2001 outlines the patients rights, and then each state sets it's own time frame for how long a person can be held against their will. Most states are 48-72 hours. Some are 24 and I remember a few were as long as 5 days. If the patient chooses to leave, against the advice of a MHP, they are asked to sign a statement that they acknowledge that it is against the medical advice provided. Many refuse to even sign that.

ETA - from what I finding, her father took her in for treatment and she agreed, so it was not court ordered. That would mean she could check herself out at any time and they can't do anything to keep her unless, while in treatment, she made statements that made them believe she was a threat to herself or others. Then they would have to act to get a court order. I wonder if her father just said she had been drinking, was not sleeping or caring for herself or the kids. Heck, even he felt she was well enough for him to go home.
    Last edited by sluce; February 27th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Arkansas. And she was clearly a danger to herself given her past history and recent history.

I don't know what you're reading, the articles I'm reading say a judge ordered her committed.
    Last edited by greysfang; February 28th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

In cases like this, we will never have access to the records to know what happened.

To get it back on topic, we will never know what happens in Lilos court ordered sessions either. As a human, I support HIPPA and the protection of patient privacy. As a gossip, I want the damed details!

I know another issue could be insurance. My brother is an alcoholic/addict and voluntarily entered a treatment facility several months ago after his depression and dependency on drugs and alcohol became so severe that he felt his options were basically getting help or killing himself to get out of the miserable situation that his life had become. He clearly needed help, and the facility he was in agreed that he needed help, but our insurance company only agreed to have him admitted on an "emergency" basis for 24 or 48 hours (can't remember which), and because he had no drugs or alcohol in his system when he checked in, the insurance company then claimed he didn't have a "medical need" to be there because he wasn't detoxing. Our family ended up having to pay for it out of pocket, and it's around $30,000 a month.

I don't know what her financial situation was, but I think it might be possible that if she couldn't afford it and her insurance company wouldn't pay for it, the facility would have had to release her whether they thought she needed to be there or not.

^^ In the case of insurance, the facility doesn't have to release anybody. They do because they want to get paid, and if you don't have insurance coverage, they don't trust you.

Thread Information