Page 231 of 342 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5116
Like Tree2741Likes

Thread: Kleptoskank Lindsay Lohan Nicks Bling, Evades Jail, Blames Black Kids Everywhere

This is probably the best news to Shawn Holley. Didn't she want to quit representing Lindsay a while ago but was forced to continue the contract? I've been trying to google incase I just dreamt it, as has been known to happen with me, but my internets is being a slow bitch. Does anyone else remember? I'll keep on looking.

ETA: Ok, found this, can't find the article where she was forced by a judge or whoever to continue representing this mess:

Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, QUITS

Submit this story

LOS ANGELES — Lindsay Lohan will be going to jail without one of her biggest advocates – her attorney.

The actress' attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, resigned from the case shortly after releasing a statement Thursday calling a judge's 90-day jail sentence for Lohan "harsh and unfair."

No reason for her withdrawal from the high-profile case was given, and her replacement has not been announced.

A representative for the seasoned defense attorney, who fought to keep the "Mean Girls" star out of jail during a daylong hearing Tuesday, said her earlier remarks about Lohan's sentence remained valid.

"Ms. Lohan and I are extremely disappointed in the sentence handed down by Judge (Marsha) Revel," Holley's statement had read. "We believe that the penalty is far harsher than what others would have received under similar circumstances.

"The reality is that Ms. Lohan, like most defendants, had to balance work commitments with court requirements. To be punished so severely for doing so, particularly in light of the fact that she substantially complied with each of her probationary conditions, is harsh and unfair," it said.

Holley said Lohan would serve her sentence, which because of overcrowding and budget cuts is likely to be much shorter than the three months ordered by the judge.

The attorney also said the 24-year-old actress would comply with the other terms of her sentence, which include a three-month stay in rehab and reporting to a probation officer for drug and alcohol testing.

Revel determined Lohan violated her probation on a 2007 drug and drunk driving case by missing seven alcohol education classes since December, when the judge ordered her to attend weekly sessions.

Holley first appeared in court March 2009 when the actress got in trouble with her former alcohol education program. The judge reinstated Lohan's probation after Holley cleared up what she called a misunderstanding.

The attorney, who was a member of O.J. Simpson's famed defense team, successfully kept Lohan out of trouble, even after her alcohol-education program reported problems with the star last year.

On Tuesday, Holley placed her arm around Lohan as she burst into tears while pleading for leniency and apologizing to the judge.

Thursday's statement was Holley's first public comment on the ruling. Neither she nor Lohan spoke to reporters after Tuesday's sentencing.

Lohan pleaded guilty in August 2007 to two misdemeanor counts of being under the influence of cocaine; no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and one count of reckless driving. She was sentenced to three years of probation.

The plea came after a pair of high-profile arrests earlier that year.

She has struggled with the terms of her probation since then, which culminated in the judge revoking her probation in May and forcing her to wear an alcohol ankle monitor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_639721.html

So yes, I think Ms Chapman is probably thanking fuck she's outta there!
    Last edited by Serendipity; January 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 PM.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Heller has a rep of being disrespectful towards judges as he grandstands for attention. This could be good when he gets a chance to go Hollywood.
    He has dreams of being a Supastar lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Damn, after ALL this time, could this finally be getting good? I hate to get my hopes up, but it sounds promising.

Hell yeah, I think the Cracken has finally signed her own jail card. She might only go in the slammer for a few days, but I reckon we'll still get another mug shot out of this
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

You know, it's the injustice of it all that pisses me off. If I tip toe over that line, someone is waiting to give my ass a ticket or haul me to jail! Lock this bitch up!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

NEWS/

Lindsay Lohan's Court Case Transferred to Judge Who Advised Her to Be "More Mature"

by Rebecca Macatee and Claudia RosenbaumToday 2:06 PM PST

Splash News
    Lindsay Lohan's luck just went from bad to worse.
    E! News exclusively confirms that the Liz & Dick star's court case was just transferred to Judge Stephanie Sautner's courtroom. If you'll recall, Sautner is the judge whopresided over Lohan's jewelry theft case and supervised her subsequent probation.
    After Lohan entered a plea in the theft case, Sautner sentenced her to community service requirements, gave her one year to complete them all and had her come in periodically in person to show that she had been complying.
    Here's a timeline of Lindsay's arrests

J.Lo’s White Hot Premiere Look
    Bethenny Frankel Faces Custody Battle
    Heidi Klum’s Racy Desk-Top Dance

When Sautner and Lohan last saw each other at herprobation status hearing in March 29, 2012, she ruled Lohan had successfully completed with all the terms of her supervised probation and converted her to summary probation. But at that final hearing, Sautner sternly told Lohan, "The only thing you have to do is follow all laws… Live your life in a more mature way, stop the nightclubbing and focus on your work, OK?"
    "I don't expect to see you again," the judge added. "You know what you have to do."
    Not sure how Sautner is going feel now that Lohan subsequently has been charged with multiple misdemeanors.
    One of Lindsay's lawyers (and a psychic!) think 2013 is going to be a good year for her
    Lohan's probation violation hearing is set for Jan. 30 (andE! Online will be livestreaming). She's facing three misdemeanor counts involving a crash on Pacific Coast Highway in June. She was charged in the incident for willfully resisting, obstruction, providing false information to an officer and reckless driving. At the time of the accident, she was still on probation for her misdemeanor jewelry theft case. Due to the charges, the Los Angeles City Attorney moved to revoke her probation in December.
    Her trial date is set for Feb. 27. We wish her all the best.
    Lindsay Lohan's court style

COMMENTS
    This just gets better & better..

she's like the only thing happening these days. bitch better make it good. screaming and crying while being dragged away by bailiffs, sneaking a gun into the courtroom, something
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post

This cracks me up. Lindz is crying and her lawyer is going to do a farmer blow!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

LOL that's exactly what I thought, although here we call it a bushman's hanky. Just typing that makes me gag.
    Jazzy likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm bummed we have to wait a whole month before her court appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm bummed we have to wait a whole month before her court appearance.
    Yeah but think about how many times she can eff up during that month
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Shawn Holley to Judge
    Get Me Out of Lindsay's Life
    STAT!!!

Exclusive

Shawn Holley
    just filed legal docs asking the judge in Lindsay Lohan's latest criminal problem to let her out of the case ... and Lindsay is down with it.

We've learned Lindsay signed Shawn's documents, which will allow Shawn out of the case and New York attorney Mark Heller to serve in her place.

Judge Stephanie Sautner will almost certainly make the change official when Lindsay appears in court Wednesday.

But here's a potential snag. Since Heller isn't licensed to practice in California, he needs a California lawyer to sponsor him. The lawyer who agreed to do it doesn't know Heller from Adam and thinks she's vouching for another lawyer who has worked with Heller in the past. It's possible Lindsay could be lawyerless.

We'll be livestreaming Wednesday's hearing, so stay tuned.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

This sounds like it could be good. Does anyone know if she needs to be there in person? I know it says in the story when Lindsay "appears" but I don't know if that's just legal speak.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This sounds like it could be good. Does anyone know if she needs to be there in person? I know it says in the story when Lindsay "appears" but I don't know if that's just legal speak.
    Yes, I believe she is required to be there. Hopefully it won't be postponed due to the lawyer issue.

^That's what I suspect will happen. She will get a continuance because of the attorney situation.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^That's what I suspect will happen. She will get a continuance because of the attorney situation.

Awww, and I was getting excited about waking up at the buttcrack of Thursday pre-dawn to watch the live stream.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Thread Information