Page 225 of 342 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5116
Like Tree2741Likes

Thread: Kleptoskank Lindsay Lohan Nicks Bling, Evades Jail, Blames Black Kids Everywhere

The first half is great.. but then it kind of falls apart from social commentary to wtfery
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

*adds wtfery to vocabulary*
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    Lindsay is now telling friends ... she desperately wants Shawn back on board. She's saying she thinks of Shawn as a second mother -- interesting, considering she barely has a first.
    This is great.

Whenever I read a story about Lindsay "telling friends" I just know it's a bullshit story, she has no friends. This "friend" is always a family member. Regardless, Lindsay is about to pound that final nail in her career coffin. Go for it gurl

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Well I don't know how it works in the US but here if you don't pay your legal fees then your lawyer isn't obliged to forward your files to your new lawyer. If that's the case, she's gonna need to pay a shitload of money up front for her new lawyer to get his files up to date. Expect Blohan to take a holiday to Brunei or Saudi Arabia shortly.
    If everything is paid in full, what happens to the 10,000 Lohan case file boxes - are they turned over to a new attorney or are they copied and also remain part of the previous attorney's dead files?

On the one hand I'm as ready as anyone for this dumbass to head to jail. On the other hand, I can't help but feel sad for a 20-whatever-year-old woman who can't stop looking to random older women as mother figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    If everything is paid in full, what happens to the 10,000 Lohan case file boxes - are they turned over to a new attorney or are they copied and also remain part of the previous attorney's dead files?
    In Oz we turn them over if they've notified us we're not representing them anymore as we wouldn't have any use for them, but I guess it depends on the firm's policy. Sometimes we would cull some of our older files just to free up storage space and send them back to the client, even if they wanted us to work for them again in the future - but not until they paid their bill!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Well back in the stone age. Nowadays we scan it to pdf and save it to the server.

Law requires you to keep the files x amount of time if the client transfers to a new attorney, 7-10 if you complete the case, depending on jurisdiction.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Under US ethics rules, a client's files belong to the client not the attorney (minus work product). If a client requests the file, the attorney is ethically obligated to turn it over. Atorney can retain that only that portion of the file that would be necessary to pursue earned fees in a lawsuit against the former client. If an attorney decides to retain a file because the client still owed him/her money, that would be a pretty quick road to an ethics violation.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I guess it's different down here (seeing as we're upside down) because I guess we see it as the files themselves are part of what we charge for, so if they haven't paid their bill they don't get the goods or services they engaged us for. Maybe it's changed recently but a few years back we had a new client who couldn't get their files off their old lawyer until they showed proof they'd paid their bill (which they had - their previous lawyer was a fuckup who couldn't use MYOB).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

LINDSAY LOHAN
    Stupidly Pulls Plug
    On Rehab Plea Deal
    2 Hours Ago

EXCLUSIVE

Lindsay Lohan COULD have avoided almost certain jail time by accepting a plea deal for lockdown rehab -- that is, if she didn't fire her lawyer who was literally on the way to the courthouse to make it happen.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the Santa Monica City Attorney -- who is prosecuting Lindsay for allegedly lying to cops after her June car crash on Pacific Coast Highway -- was willing keep Lindsay out of jail, PROVIDED she agree to check into "lockdown rehab" for 6 months.

Sources say ... Shawn Holley -- the lawyer who has kept Lindsay out of jail -- was on her way to court Monday to meet with the prosecutor and the judge to hash out the deal. What's more, Lindsay also faces jail time for a probation violation in the jewelry heist case because she allegedly lied to cops after the crash. We're told the judge could have agreed to end both cases if Lindsay checked into rehab.

But Shawn never made it to court, because Lindsay signed her walking papers and hired a New York lawyer who was suspended in the '90s from practicing law for 5 years.

Lindsay now says she wants Shawn back. The question -- does Shawn have the stomach for another helping of Lindsay?

There's a hearing scheduled for 8:30 AM PT today. Shawn will probably show up because she's still counsel of record. If she stays on the case, prosecutors could present the deal to her, but Lindsay is making it all very difficult.

Now we know why Lindsey fired her. Six months in lockdown without drugs is jail to her.

Gotta wonder why Shawn stays around - she must REEEEEEEAALY believe in due process of law. I'm starting to wonder if Lilo can't get back into the country without legal representation.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Wouldn't just be easier and cheaper to put her in Jail and get it over with. No more probation and when she done serving her time (how many months?) she can start all over again. It is just so tiring to keep up. Why was her probation revoked? Was it because she
    Lied to police
    Stole jewellery (not the necklace but that other time)
    Run over a man with her car in NY (or was that for her money she doesn't have?)
    Punched a woman
    IRS .....
    Come on, it is too much.
    She must have violated her probation like 20 times now.
    Trixie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Heathers is 1 million times better than Mean Girls. That is all.
    quoted for truth

Thread Information