Page 10 of 342 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2741Likes

Thread: Kleptoskank Lindsay Lohan Nicks Bling, Evades Jail, Blames Black Kids Everywhere

Scared employee with no power who couldn't figure out what to do. Next bullshit defense?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Lindsay Lohan Says $2,500 Necklace Was Borrowed, Not Stolen

By Ken Lee
    Saturday February 05, 2011 06:00 PM EST

Lindsay Lohan could potentially face several years in prison if she's charged and convicted of allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace, a case currently under review by L.A. prosecutors.

But not so fast, says Lohan's criminal defense attorney Shawn Chapman Holley.

"We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press," Holley told PEOPLE on Saturday.

Lohan, 24, will face a felony grand theft charge as soon as Monday, TMZ has claimed. L.A. District Attorney spokeswoman Jane Robison tells PEOPLE the report is unconfirmed.

The actress is accused of having walked away with a "one of a kind" necklace from a Venice, Calif., jewelry store on Jan. 22. But before police executed a search warrant on her home, the necklace was surrendered to a local LAPD station.

"Lindsay doesn't understand how the store can file a police report when they let her borrow the necklace," said a source close to the actress. "She's used to getting gifted items that are worth way more than that. And why would she steal a necklace? She has tons of jewelry and doesn't need anymore."

Lohan remains on probation and under random drug testing in her ongoing DUI case and faces a Feb. 25 progress review hearing.

She's also currently under investigation by Riverside County prosecutors for allegedly battering a Betty Ford Center employee.

In her DUI case alone, L.A. Superior Court Judge Elden Fox previously warned Lohan on Oct. 22 that any more slip-ups would be met with six months in jail.

that says it all to me. she thinks she deserves to take whatever she wants.

Elite Member

Maybe the store didn't realize it was stolen until 24hrs later? I don't see how that can get LL off on the charges just because they didn't report it 10mins after it happened.

I want to know how she is affording her current lifestyle. If she couldn't "afford" rehab how the hell is she affording the rental, etc? She is so done in Hollywood, I wonder when she & her pathetic parents will figure that out.

Maybe the store didn't realize it was stolen until 24hrs later? I don't see how that can get LL off on the charges just because they didn't report it 10mins after it happened.
    The theory is that they lent it to her, then decided to report it stolen for publicity. I can't imagine a jewelry store owner would be that stupid to pull something like that. I can't believe she'd be stupid enough to steal anything with all the trouble she's been in either though. I mean, she must be straight up crazy if she did.

-Not a Lilo defender in a way. Just tossing out what I've read elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I've given up hope that she'll ever learn. I just wanna see her go to jail again. Let's see how many times the same shit has to repeat itself before the judicial system is shamed into throwing the book at her. It's all rinse, lather, repeat.
    Bitch will probably beat the charges. But the trial and all should be entertainment at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    The theory is that they lent it to her, then decided to report it stolen for publicity. I can't imagine a jewelry store owner would be that stupid to pull something like that. I can't believe she'd be stupid enough to steal anything with all the trouble she's been in either though. I mean, she must be straight up crazy if she did.

I find it easier to believe that a known thief who has shoplifted shit before and has gotten away with it would do it again, rather than a jewelry store would actually concoct a story that gets a major celeb charged with a felony just for publicity. What business would do that? I just wonder what the 'rep' of this business is? If it has a good reputation and nothing like this ever happening before, then I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

just sayin' and all..not that I am an expert. I just think how likely would a jewelry store plan something like this, knowing the possible implications for them if it blows up in their face, vs. a compulsive thief just on the spur of the moment stealing something..er 'borrowing forever' something?

She has a history. Does the jewelry store have a history? You know?

It should be a fun trial anyway.

*and I cannot really hate too much on her if she gets away with it-I totally violated my probation and got away with it...*ashamed but glad I did*

What is she facing for this charge, and also if found in violation of probation?

I imagine she has swiped so much shit and no one said shit back in the day, when the bitch actually was someone, so she thought that she would be able to get away with it forever. But now that she is a goddamn joke people aren't wanting to do the junkie any favors, and are calling her on her bullshit.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

WHat retard would loan blohan anything and expect it back? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She will be prosecuted by the same DA that pushed for jail time instead of rehab for her. I really think this prosecutor has it in for her - which makes me happy

Lindsay Lohan Prosecutor -- Deja Vu

14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned veteran L.A. County Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers -- one of the toughest prosecutors in the D.A.'s office -- has been tapped to prosecute Lindsay Lohan ... again.

Meyers prosecuted Lindsay Lohan in her DUI case, so she is no stranger to the actress. But, as TMZ first reported ... Lindsay will now face felony grand theft and felonies are Danette Meyers' specialty.

Meyers has prosecuted cases for two decades and has become a go-to person in a variety of felony trials. She has been named Prosecutor of the Year twice.

After Lindsay violated her probation, Meyers sought jail time for the actress.

Meyers, who is a candidate for L.A. County District Attorney, could not be reached for comment.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

YEAH i don't think this is publicity a jewelry store wants, really, its kind of bad publicity - its drawing attention to them in a bad way - and I know that even bad publicity is good, but this kind of makes people not want to go there, like that's just how I feel. Its not something I would want my little jewelry store to be known for. this is high end stuff, not a bullshit clothing boutique full of overpriced graphic t-shirts.

just my opinion. i just don't buy the publicity angle unless the owner was completely sick in the head and then all the employees would have to go along w/ the story too.

Elite Member

The theory is that they lent it to her, then decided to report it stolen for publicity.
    This theory is straight from the Lohan clan... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Scared employee with no power who couldn't figure out what to do. Next bullshit defense?
    the resident lawyer in this thread, a joy to watch in action

Yes, but what if the store is telling the truth, and not doing it for publicity? Why would it be fair to deny them any legal recourse because of the 24 hour thing? Like happy8 said, what if they didn't realize it until the next day? Or like greys said, nobody with any decision-making authority was there until the next day? Or any number of plausible reasons. That's what seems unfair to me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I don't think the store was obligated to call Lindsay first and ask her to return the necklace if she stole it. I would call the police too if someone stole my shit, even if I knew the person who stole it. Why should I let the person get away with it?

Drawing from my very own jewellery store employee past, I don't see the issue with reporting it 24 hours later.

We had some shit go missing and our boss was an absolute fuckhead about it, despite the fact that it was his retarded 'procedures' that allowed it to happen.

I don't think she'll escape a sentence this time... She is well and truly fucked now, BUT... If she would just fuck off for 2 years, she could totally pull a Robert Downey Jr comeback, providing she's absolutely sober and desires to live that way.

I don't think we saw her best acting gigs, but I saw her in a short art-house film recently and even with no speaking part, she wasn't bad at all.

Hey, I used to party way too hard myself and it took 4 rehabs before I realised it was all my choice and nobody else's fault....

...Mind you, I had the advantage of not being a self-entitled thief, also.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

let me draw from my experience as a sales associate working at Nordstrom, loss prevention many times didn't go after shoplifters b/c it would cause a scene in the store making the other customers uncomfortable. I had to return so much stolen product or shit from other places or just someone's closet it wasn't even funny. I could never say "no" to a customer, if there was a quest then it was up to my manager who never really said no either to a return either, it was all about keeping customers and people in the store happy - I would feel that a jewelry store wouldn't want to cause a commotion either

the loss prevention at nordstrom was more concerned with watching employees actually and when an employee was caught stealing or doing something else like that, they were just fired, rarely prosecuted. a list was posted of such ex-employees by the employee time-card check-in. i was always too scared to steal there, the loss prevention people were scary and intimidating.

There's a Lilotard over at ONTD that makes a pretty good case about Lindsay being innocent. Apparently the store didn't call the police until 24 hours after Lindsay had left the store knowing that Lindsay had the necklace. Also they had Lindsay's contact info, but never made an attempt to call her about it. So basically this Lindsay fan is saying the store concocted all this for publicity.
    I saw a report (from something like tmz not a Lohan-tard) that the store tried calling her to return the necklace. I canwell imagine that they wouldn't want to report it as under "normal" circumstances with "normal" celebrities their people would have returned/paid for it/struck a deal, but no contact for 24 hrs? What else were they supposed to do?
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information