Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Kirk Douglas Dead at 103

But Natalie was already a child star, there is no way that her family did not know the Hollywood way and at that stage of her career, she must have been kinda too well known to have to do interviews in a hotel room.
    That leads me to question what kind of mother would let her 15/16 years old daughter go to a hotel room for an audition with a much oder actor and sit in a car for hours to wait until she comes back? And then drive her raped, bruised and bleeding, permanently damaged daughter home, as if nothing had happened? Did she fear that that news story would ruin Natalies reputation and career? This scenario is just too awful, but what do I know about old Hollywood, I would not have believed that Harry Weinstein could do what he did, either.

Poor Natalie, I don't know how much of the mysteries in her life are due to her sister's accusations only, but she was certainly a victim of Hollywood in more than one way.
    Last edited by Lofty Bike; February 23rd, 2020 at 08:36 AM.
    HWBL and Trixie like this.

Riddle me this, how can a man leaving his 61 million dollar fortune to charity be a snub to his son who supposedly is worth 300 million dollars?

Hollywood legend Kirk Douglas proved to be a charitable guy — unless you’re his famous son.

The Hollywood icon, who died Feb. 5 at 103, left the bulk of his $61 million fortune to the Douglas Foundation — snubbing thespian son Michael Douglas, the Mirror reported Sunday.

Douglas, known for classic flicks like “Spartacus” and “Ace in the Hole,” left the bulk of his money to his charity, which benefits Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, The Kirk and Anne Douglas Childhood Center, and a St. Lawrence University scholarship for underprivileged students, among others.

It is unclear who gets the remaining money — about $10 million — but Douglas is survived by his second wife, Anne, and his three sons, Joel, Peter, and Michael, the Mirror said.

Not that his most famous offspring needs the cash — the “Wall Street” star is worth about $300 million in his own right, according to the Mirror.

And it was Michael Douglas — along with his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones — who praised his father’s charitable ways when he announced his death earlier in the month.

“Kirk’s life was well-lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael Douglas said in a statement at the time.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/23/kirk-...ne-to-charity/

Elite Member

It's Kirk's money and he can do what he wants with it. Michael is not hurting at all.

I didn't know about all that Natalie Wood stuff. That makes me sick. I don't know much about Kirk. I thought he was a decent guy. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    But Natalie was already a child star, there is no way that her family did not know the Hollywood way and at that stage of her career, she must have been kinda too well known to have to do interviews in a hotel room.
    That leads me to question what kind of mother would let her 15/16 years old daughter go to a hotel room for an audition with a much oder actor and sit in a car for hours to wait until she comes back? And then drive her raped, bruised and bleeding, permanently damaged daughter home, as if nothing had happened? Did she fear that that news story would ruin Natalies reputation and career? This scenario is just too awful, but what do I know about old Hollywood, I would not have believed that Harry Weinstein could do what he did, either.

Poor Natalie, I don't know how much of the mysteries in her life are due to her sister's accusations only, but she was certainly a victim of Hollywood in more than one way.
    I'm on HWBL's side on this. If you are going to level a horrendous allegation, at least get your facts straight. The guy who guilded this story with even more grotesque details is a person who is notorious for blowing stuff straight out of his ass.

Natalie's mom did have the reputation of being the world's worst stage mom. I think Mario Puzo alluded to a story just like this in The Godfather, with a young actress fitting the description of Natalie Wood being molested, but the perpetrator was a producer ("Jack Woltz", based on Harry Cohn), not a famous actor.
    Brookie and HWBL like this.

i doubt michael cares that he's not getting any money, and it would surprise me if he didn't know what his father's wishes were since before his death.
    Brookie, HWBL and crayzeehappee like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I read that super rich people will leave money to a foundation that they started so that their heirs won't have to pay inheritance taxes. They'll work for the foundation and draw a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I read that super rich people will leave money to a foundation that they started so that their heirs won't have to pay inheritance taxes. They'll work for the foundation and draw a salary.
    I haven't read this closely, but Kirk Douglas still has a spouse (Anne). You can't leave all your worldly goods that are community property to some other entity or institution when your spouse is still alive. So, what's going on here?

^Didn't it say there's 10 million more that he didn't donate to charity?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm on HWBL's side on this. If you are going to level a horrendous allegation, at least get your facts straight. The guy who guilded this story with even more grotesque details is a person who is notorious for blowing stuff straight out of his ass.

Natalie's mom did have the reputation of being the world's worst stage mom. I think Mario Puzo alluded to a story just like this in The Godfather, with a young actress fitting the description of Natalie Wood being molested, but the perpetrator was a producer ("Jack Woltz", based on Harry Cohn), not a famous actor.
    The “story” has been around a lot longer than CD&N blog though.

Also, it’s not unusual to change *some* details to prevent being sued & given Douglas’ “power” in H’wood....
    Brookie, SHELLEE and lindsaywhit like this.

Doomed Hollywood star Natalie Wood was sexually assaulted by acting legend Kirk Douglas in 1955 when she was 16 ands he was 39 at the Chateau Marmont, her younger sister reveals in new memoir

• In her memoir 'Little Sister,' coming out next week, Lana Wood alleges that her late sister's assault occurred when she was just 16, and Douglas was 39
    • Maria Zakharenko, Lana and Natalie's mother, had arranged the meeting between Natalie and Douglas because 'doors might be thrown open for her '
    • Lana said that her mother dropped Natalie at the Chateau Marmont hotel, and when she returned 'disheveled and 'upset' told her to 'suck it up'
    • She writes her sister and their mother agreeing it would ruin Natalie's career to publicly accuse Douglas - one of the most powerful Hollywood stars at the time
    • 'Little Sister' focuses on Natalie Wood's mysterious drowning in 1981, when her body was found off Catalina Island

Doomed Hollywood actress Natalie Wood's younger sister has claimed in her upcoming memoir that Spartacus star Kirk Douglas was the mystery man who sexually assaulted Wood when she was still a minor.
    For decades, it's been one of Hollywood's darkest rumors: A teenage Natalie Wood was sexually assaulted by a top movie star more than twice her age when she met with him at a hotel in Los Angeles.
    In her memoir 'Little Sister,' coming out next week, Lana Wood accuses Douglas, who was then 39, of the sexual attack on her late sister at the famed Chateau Marmont when Natalie was just 16.
    According to Lana, Natalie, who mysteriously drowned at the age of 43 in 1981, did not discuss with her what happened until both were adults.
    After describing being brought into Douglas' suite, Natalie told her sister, 'And, uh ... he hurt me, Lana.'

Lana Woods (left) has claimed that her sister, Hollywood star Natalie Woods (right) suffered a sexual assault at the hands of Spartacus actor Kirk Douglas

'She looked awful. She was very disheveled and very upset, and she and Mom started urgently whispering to each other,' writes Lana

In her memoir 'Little Sister,' coming out next week, Lana Wood alleges that her late sister's assault occurred wIn her memoir 'Little Sister,' coming out next week, Lana Wood alleges that her late sister's assault occurred when she was just 16, and Douglas was 39

This cover image released by Dey Street Books shows "Little Sister: My Investigation into the Mysterious Death of Natalie Wood" by Lana Wood. Lana also writes about Natalie's alleged rape by Douglas

Lana, 75, writes that her mother, Maria Zakharenko, dropped Natalie at the Chateau Marmont and when she returned to the car 'disheveled and 'upset,' Zakharenko told her to 'suck it up.'
    Lana was around 8 when the alleged incident occurred and wrote that her sister and their mother agreed it would ruin Natalie's career to publicly accuse Douglas - one of the most powerful Hollywood stars at the time.
    The meeting had been arranged by their mother, who thought that 'many doors might be thrown open for her, with just a nod of his famous, handsome head on her behalf,' according to Lana.
    'I remember that Natalie looked especially beautiful when Mom and I dropped her off that night at the Chateau Marmont entrance,' Lana Wood writes about the alleged incident in the summer of 1955.
    Around the time, Natalie Wood was filming 'The Searchers.'
    'It seemed like a long time passed before Natalie got back into the car and woke me up when she slammed the door shut,' she writes.
    'She looked awful. She was very disheveled and very upset, and she and Mom started urgently whispering to each other.
    'I couldn't really hear them or make out what they were saying. Something bad had apparently happened to my sister, but whatever it was, I was apparently too young to be told about it,' Lana goes on to write.
    'It was like an out-of-body experience. I was terrified, I was confused,' Lana Wood remembers her sister saying.
    'Suck it up' was Maria's advice, according to 'Little Sister,' much of which focuses on Natalie Wood's death during a boating trip in 1981, when her body was found off Catalina Island in California.

The meeting had been arranged by Natalie's mother who thought that 'many doors might be thrown open for her, with just a nod of his famous, handsome head on her behalf,' according to Lana

According to Lana, Natalie did not discuss with her what happened until both were adults and Natalie, after describing being brought into Douglas' suite, told her sister, 'And, uh ... he hurt me, Lana'

Lana, now 75 and around 8 when the alleged incident occurred, remembered her sister and their mother agreeing it would ruin Natalie's career to publicly accuse Douglas - one of the most powerful Hollywood stars at the time. Above, Douglas and actress Linda Darnell on the set of 'Letter to Three Wives'

Authorities initially ruled the death an accidental drowning, but that has changed after years of scrutiny and more witnesses emerging.
    Wood's husband at the time, actor Robert Wagner, was aboard the boat along with fellow actor Christopher Walken when the actress died. Wagner has been called a person of interest and Lana Wood is among those who hold him responsible for her death.
    In her book, she recalls promising her sister not to discuss the assault by Douglas, but rumors were so prevalent that when he died in 2020, at age 103, Natalie Wood's name trended along with his on Twitter.
    Lana Wood, whose own acting credits include 'Diamonds are Forever' and the TV series 'Peyton Place,' believes enough has changed since her conversation with Natalie that she can now tell the whole story.
    'With no one still around to protect, I'm sure she'll forgive me for finally breaking that promise,' she wrote.
    Douglas' son, actor Michael Douglas, said in a statement issued through his publicist: 'May they both rest in peace.'
    Kirk Douglas had acknowledged that he was a womanizer and an unfaithful husband before his death last year.

Douglas' son, actor Michael Douglas, said in a statement issued through his publicist: 'May they both rest in peace'

Fellow actress and friend Neile Adams said about Douglas in December 2016, less than a year before the #MeToo movement caught on, that 'You could not sit beside him without his hand crawling up your leg.'
    Douglas starred in films that included 'Spartacus,' 'The Bad and the Beautiful' and 'Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.'
    He also was one of the first major actors to form his own production company and a prominent liberal activist who has been widely credited with helping to break the Cold War blacklist against suspected Communists when he hired Dalton Trumbo to write 'Spartacus' and listed him by name for the 1960 release.
    Douglas and his second wife, Anne, donated millions of dollars through the Douglas Foundation they co-founded in 1964 with a mission to 'helping those who might not otherwise be able to help themselves.'
    In his memoir 'The Ragman's Son,' published in 1988, Douglas writes briefly about Natalie Wood.
    He remembers driving home one night and stopping at a red light. The door of the car in front of him opened and 'a pretty little girl wearing a suede jacket hopped out' and ran up to him.
    ''Oh, Mr. Douglas, would you please sign my jacket?'' he remembers her saying.
    'As I obliged, the woman who was driving got out and introduced her. `This is my daughter. She´s in movies, too. Her name is Natalie Wood.' That was the first time I met Natalie. I saw her many times afterward, before she died in that cruel accident.'

In his memoir 'The Ragman's Son,' published in 1988, Douglas writes briefly about Natalie Wood. He remembered driving home one night and stopping at a red light. The door of the car in front of him opened and 'a pretty little girl wearing a suede jacket hopped out' and ran up to him

Authorities initially ruled the Natalie's death an accidental drowning, but that has changed after years of scrutiny and more witnesses emerging. Wood's husband at the time, Robert Wagner, has been called a person of interest and Lana Wood is among those who hold him responsible for her death
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-alleges.html

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Yeah I still think that Natalie saw Wagner & Walken either making out or having sex & Wagner accidentally killed her in an argument then tried (seemingly effectively) to cover it up.
    BITTER likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information