Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Kirk Cameron tells women their role is to focus on the home, family & ‘joy’

Prick.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Correct.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i used to watch that show religiously
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    was kirk always a fundie? or rather, was it always well known in the media that he was a fundie? i used to watch that show religiously and don't recall any mention of that. and i'd moved to europe by the time i started buying teen mags and stuff and i guess the tidbit about him being super christian didn't make it across the atlantic.

i couldn't even attempt to get through a big family event without booze. Catholics figured that shit out ages ago.
    i think Kirk discovered religion while on Growing Pains.

I know he got Julie McCullough fired. I might be wrong, but I think he also was behind killing off Matthew Perry's character. Perry played Carol's boyfriend and the character died after drinking and driving. I think Kirk had a beef with him too.

Gold Member

I just checked on the Internets. Kirk got Perry fired because he thought he was an agent of Satan.

Mindhole Blowers: 20 Facts about Kirk Cameron that Might Give You Seaver Fever
    Bombshell and Kittylady like this.

But he was okay with a "Boner" as his best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjacket View Post
    I just checked on the Internets. Kirk got Perry fired because he thought he was an agent of Satan.

Sounds like ol' Kirk likes him some anal sex.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I'd ever had doubts about him being an idiot before (which I didn't) that link would confirm it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

13. In 2000, Cameron starred in the first of his ambitious pro-Christianity films,Left Behind. In the movie, he plays a non-believer, Buck Williams, who finally accepts Jesus Christ and learns that the UN Secretary-General is the Anti-Christ. In reality, Cameron believes that the United Nations is behind a New World Order and that the Washington Monument represents the “reproductive organ of Baal or Satan.”
    We watched Left Behind (2014) yesterday. To my defence (and to prove my ignorance and stupidity) I had no idea what it was about.
    why was Nicolas Cage in it?
    And while watching. I kept thinking, this should have been a Kirk Cameron movie. Pretty sure I wouldn't have watched it then.

I am sure NOBODY wants to see this movie but just in case SPOILER ALERT
    *When the kids suddenly disappeared, my kids where laughing so hard about the absurdness of it, I thought they would never stop*

If this stupid fuck is trying to put "Christ" back into Christmas, why does Jeebus give two shits about how you decorate the house or if there is carols playing? Uh he doesn't.
    Bombshell likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

He should put the mass back in Christmas instead of the pagan decor.
    Kittylady and Bombshell like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Gold Member

Putting the mass back in Christmas is probably too Catholic for ol' Kirk. Easier to focus on tinsel.

".. And, lo! The Romans did decorate the cross of Jesus with the holy tinsel and it was good." Satiricus 23:17

I have been listening to an excellent audiobook about life in 18th century England. A man was quoted regarding why it's ok to for men to expect perfection from women and not men, saying it "does them honour."

It all just makes me think of how Tom Sawyer got that kid to whitewash the fence for him, by making him think it was such a special privilege.
    twitchy2.0 and Lalasnake like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

AhHHHHH these are great for laughs on a rainy Monday morning. The Matthew Perry accusation is unfulfilling since I can't find anything to show exactly what Matthew did to earn this glorious accusation.

6. In 1989, Cameron forced producers to kill off the character of Tracy Gold’s boyfriend, who was played by Matthew Perry, because he believed that Perry was an agent of Satan.

8. In 1987, Kirk Cameron appeared in Like Father, Like Son, one of five body-switch comedies that opened within the span of a year. His co-star was Dudley Moore, who had suffered from a terminal degenerative brain disorder, progressive supranuclear palsy (which eventually took his life). The symptoms of the disease mimicked alcohol intoxication and delusional episodes. It was during one of these delusional episodes in which Cameron felt the presence of God inhabiting Moore. The episode played a significant role in Cameron’s conversion.

16. Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort co-founded the ministry, The Way of the Master, and co-host a television series of the same name. In 2010, Comfort sent out appointment cards to elderly people advising them of the date and time of their death, and informing them to contact evangelists to avoid going to hell.
    Yellowjacket and Lalasnake like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information