Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Kim Porter, Diddy's ex, found dead at 47

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Antibiotics won't help with the flu. Flu is caused by a virus, and antibiotics fight bacteria. I really don't know why so many doctors will give antibiotics to people with the flu or a cold, it's very easy to become resistant to antibiotics, so when you'll have an infection that requires antibiotics it won't help anymore. Happened with my mother, it's not fun at all I can tell you that.
    Having a flu really sucks. There isn't much you can do but the most important part is to rest. If you feel better, take at least one additional day to rest. I can't stress enough how important that is. We had two people in our office ending up having a pmeumonia because they came back to work too soon.
    I was thinking of pneumonia more than flu because that's where my brain stopped. They can give you antibiotics if it turns into pneumonia on top of the flu but just not for the flu virus.

I absolutely agree about resting. People just don't do that and it's so hard to get better. After my stupid little cold that doesn't want to go away fully, I think I would have been fine if I worked somewhere civilized enough to let me take two days off at the beginning of the illness instead of going into work day after day and still having it almost two weeks later. I can't imagine what I'd have done if I were really sick.
    funky_chicken, Mivvi21 and MsDark like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I was thinking of pneumonia more than flu because that's where my brain stopped. They can give you antibiotics if it turns into pneumonia on top of the flu but just not for the flu virus.

I absolutely agree about resting. People just don't do that and it's so hard to get better. After my stupid little cold that doesn't want to go away fully, I think I would have been fine if I worked somewhere civilized enough to let me take two days off at the beginning of the illness instead of going into work day after day and still having it almost two weeks later. I can't imagine what I'd have done if I were really sick.
    Yup, I took one day off of work when I had a cold a couple of months ago. All the draining nose snot got into my lungs, so I was coughing up insane nastiness for a month. I still have a minor cough and spit cup on the side. I work from home though, so I can't pull the "Well I'll get people sick and annoy them with my coughing" excuse. Wish I had taken time off to properly recover, but oh well. I'll be coughing on family tomorrow.
    Waterslide likes this.

Hope you feel better soon, Mrs P. I'm still having dry-air coughing fits. I finally broke down and dragged out my humidifier which has helped a lot, but my voice is still at about 70%. I sound like a character from Peanuts.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Every time I start feeling a bit better, the fevers come back. Now the stuffy head has also returned. Breathing is hard. This is a nasty one. *coughs all over thread*
    Mrs P likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Every time I start feeling a bit better, the fevers come back. Now the stuffy head has also returned. Breathing is hard. This is a nasty one. *coughs all over thread*
    I'm going for my flu shot on Friday. Please defer your germ warfare until after then.
    greysfang likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Stuffy came back to me the other day too. Not fun having to mouth breathe when trying to sleep.

*Sprays Lysol in thread and runs out*
    Kittylady, Angeli, Novice and 4 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^Me too.

From what I understand yes, that's what happens - your breathing is depressed. I'm not super paranoid about medications except when it comes to cold medications. I've known of people who died in their 20s from mixing up cold meds and it scares the hell out of me.

My friend had pleurisy and she said it was terrifying. I can't even imagine.

And I'm not in any way trying to put blame on Kim, especially since when you're that sick you don't know which way is up, but it sounds like she should have gone into the hospital when she'd called her doctor the day before. Look at me trying to be all medical and diagnosing someone I don't know from thousands of miles away...but my point is that with pneumonia it will hit you like a ton of bricks when you think you're just battling a bad URI.
    I had a *really* bad chest infection in August this yearand my dr told me to take codine before going to bed to get some sleep. Also gave me a steroid inhaler suposidly for asthma (not licenced for what I was using it for) as having pneumonia a few years ago has fucked my lungs up (they think scarring) and any chest infection hits me like a kick in the chest from a cow now.
    STOP IT!!!!! I've not had my flu shot yet!

Kim Porter's Cause of Death Remains a Mystery as Her Death Certificate Is Released

November 19, 2018 07:55 PM

Kim Porter‘s cause of death remains unknown.
    PEOPLE confirms an autopsy for the ex-girlfriend of Sean “Diddy” Combs was completed one day after she was found dead in her home. She was 47.
    “On Nov. 16, an autopsy was performed on Porter. The cause of death was deferred pending additional tests. Porter’s body has since been released from our facility,” a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner said in a statement on Monday.
    Porter is scheduled to be buried in Columbus, Georgia, according to the death certificate obtained by The Blast on Monday.
    On Nov. 15, officers were alerted after a woman was found unresponsive in Toluca Lake, California. She was declared dead at 11:40 a.m. local time. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Porter’s death in a statement.

Abel Fermin/REX/Shutterstock

Her health status was described as a cardiac arrest in an emergency dispatch call obtained by TMZ. A source told TMZ that she had been battling pneumonia

https://people.com/music/kim-porter-...cate-released/
    Sean 'Diddy' Combs Lays Ex-Girlfriend Kim Porter to Rest in Her Georgia Hometown

Current Time 0:47
    /

Duration 0:49

Coming Up...

Diddy’s Other Exes Pay Tribute to Kim Porter as They 'Promise to Love and Protect' Her Kids

Brianne Tracy

and Maria Pasquini

November 24, 2018 02:37 PM

Kim Porter’s family and friends, including ex-boyfriend and father of her children Sean “Diddy” Combs, bid farewell to her in an elaborate funeral held in her Georgia hometown on Saturday, just a little more than a week after her death.
    Combs, 49, was spotted arriving at the funeral, as were guests Kimora Lee Simmons and actress Tichina Arnold.
    Combs arranged for Porter’s casket to travel in a carriage pulled by horses during the public funeral, which was held at Columbus’ Cascade Hills Church. Acclaimed pastor T.D. Jakes officiated the service.
    There was a public viewing held at the Charles E. Huff International Funeral Home before the funeral commenced on Saturday, as well as a viewing on Friday.

Kimora Lee Simmons arrives at Kim Porter's funeral
    London Entertainment/Marlon Stewart/ SplashNews.com

Tichina Arnold
    London Entertainment/ Marlon Stewart/ SplashNews.com

Shortly before Porter’s funeral began on Saturday, Combs honored his ex-girlfriend with an emotional note.
    “Today we lay to rest our ANGEL,” he wrote on Twitter alongside an image of Porter.
    “Her spirit lives on with us FOREVER!!! We thank you all for your prayers and support. You have no idea how much it means to us. We thank GOD for all of you,” he added.
    In a statement released to the Associated Press on Friday, Porter’s family remembered her as “a loving mother and devoted friend.”
    “God broke the mold when he made Kim, there was truly no other woman like her. Although her time here on earth was far too short, she lived a life full of purpose and meaning. She was a loving mother and devoted friend. She was the epitome of kindness and grace. There wasn’t a person she met [whose] soul she did not touch. Kim was the type of woman who changed lives for the better,” the Porter, Goodwin and Combs families said. “She will be forever remembered and missed by so many. As her family, we promise to honor her every day of our lives. We love you always.”

London Entertainment/ Marlon Stewart/ SplashNews.com

Insiders previously told PEOPLE that Combs, 49, held a memorial for Porter on Nov. 18 at his home in Bel Air, California. Among the 100 guests present were Kim Kardashian, Mary J. Blige, French Montana and Kourtney Kardashian.
    “He is very involved in making arrangements for Kim,” the insider continued. “He wants it all to be very special.”

Kim Porter and Sean "Diddy" Combs
    Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic

Porter was found dead in her home on Nov. 15 at the age of 47. As of Monday, her cause of death remained unknown following the completion of an autopsy.
    On Nov. 15, officers were alerted after a woman was found unresponsive in Toluca Lake, California. She was declared dead at 11:40 a.m. local time. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Porter’s death in a statement.

According to an emergency dispatch call posted by TMZ, the call came in as a cardiac arrest. While it’s still not clear what caused Porter’s death, a source told the outlet she had been suffering from pneumonia for weeks.

A rep for Combs confirmed Porter’s death to PEOPLE at the time, saying, “Sadly, I can confirm the passing of Kim Porter. I ask that you give the families privacy at this time.”

Combs broke his silence on Nov. 17, writing on Instagram, “For the last three days I’ve been trying to wake up out of this nightmare. But I haven’t.”
    “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you baby. I miss you so much. Today I’m going to pay tribute to you, I’m going to try and find the words to explain our unexplainable relationship,” he added. “We were more than best friends, we were more than soulmates. WE WERE SOME OTHER S—!! And I miss you so much. Super Black Love.”
    He later posted a slideshow of pictures of time he spent with Porter and their brood. “I’ll raise our family just like you taught me to. Love you forever!!!!” he said. “I CANT BELIEVE THIS S—!!!!!! F—!!!!!! Smfh.”

Kim Porter and Sean "Diddy" Combs with their children
    Charley Gallay/Getty Images

The day after Porter’s death, a source told PEOPLE: “Diddy is devastated and shocked. He and Kim were still very close friends and co-parents even though their romantic relationship didn’t work. They were still a family.”
    Another source close to Combs said that he is “is very much struggling.”
    “This is the most awful, sad and unreal situation for him. It’s a nightmare,” the source continued. “He isn’t sleeping. He always had a very special relationship with Kim. Despite not being together romantically, he loved Kim. It was really true love and he is hurting badly right now.”

The couple, who began dating in the ’90s, had three children together throughout their on-and-off-again relationship: son Christian, 20, and 11-year-old twin daughters D’Lila Star and Jessie James. Additionally, Combs raised Porter’s eldest child Quincy, 27, and considers him a son.

Sean "Diddy" Combs, Kim Porter and family
    Sean Combs Instagram

Porter and Combs broke up in 1999 and battled in court over child support for Christian; Combs also dated Jennifer Lopez for two years before he and Porter reconciled in 2003. They split for the final time in 2007.
    Combs is also the father of two additional children — son Justin, 24, and daughter Chance, 12 — whom he shares with exes Misa Hylton-Brim and Sarah Chapman, respectively.
    “I got three girls, three boys, and they’re really kind, great people,” Combs told PEOPLE in 2017 of his large family. “They got a lot of love in their heart. I’m the luckiest man in the world.”
    The never-married Combs gave his children’s mothers most of the credit, though. “I’ve been truly blessed to have some great, incredible relationships that have afforded me these children by these very strong, intelligent, beautiful black women,” he said of his exes. “The mothers of my children [are] my best friends. My hat goes off to them

https://people.com/music/kim-porter-...n-diddy-combs/

Poor kids loosing their mom.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Default Kim porter died from pneumonia

Kim Porter, the mother of 3 of Diddy's children, died from a form of pneumonia ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County Coroner's office released the cause of death as lobar pneumonia -- which is an inflammation of an entire lobe of the lungs.

According to the report, Kim had gotten a massage from her goddaughter the day before she was found dead, and watched movies with family members until going to bed at 11:30 PM. The report lists that as the last known time she was alive.

Her goddaughter saw her at 8:30 AM the next day, but thought Kim was still sleeping ... so she left for work. The report says housemates checked on Kim again at 11:30 AM. When they found her unresponsive, they called 911.

There were unopened or partially opened bottles of water, Pedialyte and sports drinks on Kim's nightstand. There were also antibiotics -- a Z-pack -- a bowl of tomato soup and some Tylenol.

TMZ broke the story, Kim was found dead in her Toluca Lake home in November. Sources close to Kim told us the model was battling the flu and complained she wasn't feeling well the day before she was pronounced dead at her home.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/25/kim-p...bar-pneumonia/

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

What a sad story. I wish she had just gone to the ER. I also wonder if the massage inflamed the lungs even further (not blaming the goddaughter AT ALL).
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    If it's bacterial pneumonia, antibiotics can be a life-saver.

And if it's viral pneumonia, the antibiotics won't help at all. But apparently bacterial pneumonia is the more severe of the two types of pneumonia.
    However, it doesn't sound like she actually saw her doctor, which seems strange if she was sick for days. Kim Porter died of lobar pneumonia, which is one of the illnesses that tends to kill HIV-infected men. It's unusual for young, healthy people to die of pneumonia. (That's why the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918 was so alarming. Most of the victims were young adults whose influenza developed into pneumonia, which killed them.) But if Porter was infected with HIV, her immune system could have been severely compromised and her body could have been overwhelmed by the pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    What a sad story. I wish she had just gone to the ER. I also wonder if the massage inflamed the lungs even further (not blaming the goddaughter AT ALL).
    In respiratory PT they kind of karate chop (for lack of a better phrase) patients' backs to loosen phlegm. I don't know what effect a regular massage would have though.
    Nevan and Mrs Fawlty like this.

^^^ That makes sense. I've had both walking pneumonia (no where near full on pneumonia) and pleurisy (which is a very painful inflammation of the lung lining, usually from trauma or injury) and I can't imagine letting anyone touch me, let alone massage my back or chest, with either. Both were so painful that I went to the ER and what Kim died from was much worse. I just can't imagine not going to seek help from a doctor at that point. Kind of like Brittney Murphy.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Whatever happened (including what Angeli said) it's very sad.
    Angeli likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    And if it's viral pneumonia, the antibiotics won't help at all. But apparently bacterial pneumonia is the more severe of the two types of pneumonia.
    However, it doesn't sound like she actually saw her doctor, which seems strange if she was sick for days. Kim Porter died of lobar pneumonia, which is one of the illnesses that tends to kill HIV-infected men. It's unusual for young, healthy people to die of pneumonia. (That's why the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918 was so alarming. Most of the victims were young adults whose influenza developed into pneumonia, which killed them.) But if Porter was infected with HIV, her immune system could have been severely compromised and her body could have been overwhelmed by the pneumonia.
    I had pneumonia so badly & went to my doctor repeatedly, it was only when they xrayed & scanned my chest that they saw it because it wasn’t “crackling” & they couldn’t hear it. I was sent home being told I have a “virus” so many times that I was sick of going.
    Because of this they think that the pathology of my lungs has changed & I have breathing difficulties not helped by stress (hyperventilating).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information