Page 75 of 324 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4858
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

Cute kid. Tell all book in 18 years. Can't wait!!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    hey! They don't get to see her that much. A picture is a picture!

And she's teething.

* public service announcement for cim *
    lol

Is This the Beginning of the End for the Kardashians?

By Raechal Leone Shewfelt
    January 17, 2014 6:02 PM

Yahoo Celebrity

Ratings are down. The hate rages strong. Are the Kardashians finally on the way out?

While it might seem like a clear yes at first glance, the answer is more complicated.

For starters, our feelings about the “Keeping Up With Kardashians” clan, particularly the most famous of the bunch, Kim and her sisters Kourtney, and Khlo, haven't changed much over the years. Kim was the second most-searched for celebrity on Yahoo in 2013 behind Miley Cyrus. And even though folks may loathe them, they're still raking in the dough!

“They're just much more well known now than they were back in 2009 or 2010," says Henry Schafer, executive vice president of the Q Scores Company, which measures the emotional connection between consumers and a changing list of about 1,800 celebrities. Current data, he adds, shows that 65 to 70 percent of Americans age 6 and older are aware of the sisters — which might make you wonder how 3 in 10 Americans have avoided hearing about the Kardashians in the last few years. Until, of course, you consider that the average celebrity only scores about 30 percent awareness.

The Q Scores Company also sets positive and negative Q scores for celebrities, based on the percentage of people who categorize someone as one of their favorite personalities and those who consider their feelings about a particular celeb to be "fair" or "poor."

When it comes to their positive Q Scores, Schafer explains that the Kardashians have between 6 and 9 percent, compared to an average positive score of 16 percent. (Lindsay Lohan has a similar number.)

The Kardashians tend to have a negative scores much higher than the average celeb, too — in the mid to high 60s compared to an average of 18 percent. This however, has been status quo for the K’s. When consumers were first asked about them in 2009, they were already in the mid to high 50s, Schafer says, because they've been polarizing since their earliest days in the public eye.

Don't feel too bad for the family, though; they they get paid pretty handsomely for living their lives like a soap opera before the cameras. Forbes estimated that Kim earned $10 million between June 2012 and June 2013. The magazine's Dorothy Pomerantz speculates that the future Mrs. Kanye West has the potential to make even more money this year if she chooses to televise her wedding.

"Here's the thing about Kim Kardashian: Yes, we love to say just how much we don't care about her and how fake her fame is and how uninterested we are in the shallowness of the Kardashians, but we don't ever stop watching," Pomerantz says. "Everybody in this country has the power to make the Kardashians go away tomorrow. If they just didn't watch their shows and didn't buy anything that they associated with and didn't follow them on Twitter, they would lose all power. We are giving them power and this power is bringing them money."

Part of the family fortune comes from the long list of licensing and endorsements deals for products such as perfumes, jewelry, nail polishes, tanning gel, the Kardashian Kollection for Sears, and countless others. A big chunk of it, though, comes from their franchise of E! shows.

According to Forbes, the family finalized a $30 million deal with the network in 2012 to keep them on the air until 2015. The show isn't likely to be canceled then either unless the ratings take a big dip or it becomes too expensive to produce, most likely if the cast were to demand more money than the network is willing to shell out.

Nielsen numbers are the only thing that should cause the Kardashian family to worry. Last season the show pulled in an average of 2.4 million viewers, which is remarkably down from Season Eight's average — and the series peak — of 3.9 million. Still, it's worth noting that the highest-rated season is the one when Kim's romance with Kanye began, so we're expecting that there will be more continued interest thanks to the rapper's connection to the Kardashian crew. The 2.4 million rating from last season is also significantly higher than what the show was pulling in during its first three seasons, when 1.4 million average viewers was the high point.

Ratings from the new season, which premieres on Jan. 19, will indicate whether the decline is part of a trend or just a temporary slump. Episodes are expected to focus on the breakups of Khlo and Lamar, as well as Bruce and Kris Jenner, and Kanye's elaborate marriage proposal to Kim, which generated considerable buzz when they played out in real life.

"They're really smart and they can't be counted out,” Pomerantz says. "They've taken this concept that everybody will have 15 minutes of fame and turned it into a years-long business that doesn't show any signs of slowing down. So even if you don't like them, you've got to respect them for that."

In other words, don't expect the Kardashians to be going away anytime soon.

Is This the Beginning of the End for the Kardashians?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Cute kid. Tell all book in 18 years. Can't wait!!
    Waiting for one of them to break ranks and do this. Rob?

So even if you don't like them, you've got to respect them for that.
    No.

No respect.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Nope. None. Couldn't even work up any fake respect if I were paid.
    Brookie and sluce like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I thought they were doing their last season now. There will be more? UGH.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    One thing I noticed is that she seems to always be COVERED in drool. I know, not nice to say but true. The sleeve where she is "on Kanye"; the front of the little gray dress. I know babies drool but it seems odd they chose those photos to reveal to the public
    She probably decided at the last minute that a picture would be good padding so sent a text to the nanny on duty saying "Send picture of Whatshername ASAP" and had to run with what came back.
    Palermo, CL**, rollo and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I am so sure Kims heart is bleeding right now. She is missing North so much but hey she just had to be at MENS fashion week in Paris for her job as ummmmmm
    Palermo, CL**, rollo and 1 others like this.

It's such a shame she is freezing cold and had to wear a polo neck at Heathrow. Kanye is so mean!

"Here's the thing about Kim Kardashian: Yes, we love to say just how much we don't care about her and how fake her fame is and how uninterested we are in the shallowness of the Kardashians, but we don't ever stop watching," Pomerantz says.
    Some of us have never watched them at all. Not. Even. Once.

This thread is it for me. Choke on that, smug media pontificator.

p.s. NOBODY respects them. Not one little bit.

Now, I wonder if the Kimye dodge and l'il Compass came about in part because Kim's survival-based little hindbrain actually has noticed the writing on the wall?

ETA: Two words: Paris Hilton. Tick-tock, tick-tock.
    Last edited by Kathie_Moffett; January 20th, 2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: arranging furniture
    Brookie likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Fashion victim Kim Kardashian opts for a head to toe leather look on Parisian shopping spree

I don't understand her outfit choices.
    She constantly tries to prove to everyone that she's thin(ner) , like with the instagram photos, for example.
    Then she wears body high-waisted, body hugging clothing that don't flatter her body type.

Read more: Fashion victim Kim Kardashian opts for a head to toe leather look on Parisian shopping spree | Mail Online

Is it me, or is she starting to look like Raja Gemini (Sutan Amrull)? (But Raja/Sutan is gorgeous and fabulous, Kim - not so much.)

And one more picture I found on my search... (Taken in Feb 2013?? She was pregnant at the time, but I don't know how far along she was when this picture was taken...) as another example that the girl does not wear clothes that flatter her body type:

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't help myself. I LOVE Kanye, for dressing her like this. There is no way in hell, that he doesn't do it on purpose.
    sluce, badgers!, kasippu and 3 others like this.

Lol at that poor black leather skirt just trying not to split open. And I agree that Kanye and his boyfriend and doing this to her on purpose for the lulz.
    sprynkles and SoCalMarie like this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post

This is truly the best one EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thread Information