Page 43 of 324 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

Pap
    Bronze Member

Apparently he filmed the whole thing? Has anyone seen it anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    he's the gift that keeps on giving.
    on a serious note, if he's so into fashion and designing, why doesn't he just create his OWN brand? why is he collaborating with adidas or louis vuitton instead? he has enough money to open his own company and brand like victoria beckham. that way he can do his own thing and be great and do whatever the fuck he wants. it doesn't make any sense, as usual.

HE DID, SS 2012.
    SEPTEMBER 30, 2011PARIS

By Tim Blanks

Kanye West said he found taking a bow at the end of his first fashion show in front of a few hundred industry professionals much more daunting than encoring in front of thousands, as he usually does. No surprise there. West's genius as a groundbreaking musician is unquestionable, whereas his status in the fashion world has been, until now, that of an ardent-bordering-on-obsessive fan. Which was clear from his genuine delight when Silvia Venturini Fendi and her daughter Delfina Delettrez Fendi came backstage to congratulate him after the show.

They were two of a surprising number of designers who turned out for Kanye: The presence of Azzedine Alaïa, Dean and Dan Caten, Olivier Theyskens, Jeremy Scott, and the Olsens sealed this evening's deal as a fashion event. Equally, they underscored the goodwill he had going into this. And Kanye himself was poignantly aware of the challenge. "The biggest hurdle I had to face is the celebrity designer or the hip-hop designer concept," he said backstage. But he had some major help in battling preconceptions. Among the people he bounced ideas off, he name-checked Kim Jones, Louise Goldin, Katie Eary, and Louise Wilson, the guiding light of Central Saint Martins and, by extension, guru of British fashion.

Maybe that's why what Kanye actually offered on the catwalk was such a surprise. He was keen to communicate that, as far as he was concerned, there was a couture level of workmanship in items that had taken three days to complete in the atelier he'd established in London. What we actually saw was something that looked like a baby Balmain vision of womenswear. The context was impeccable—soundtrack and staging exactly what you'd expect from someone whose 360-degree vision has been responsible for some of the best albums and concerts of the past decade. The clothes? Heavy might be the operative word: zippers in excelsis; suede and leather high-performance clothing; beading, crystals, and appliqué weighting jackets and tops. And more fur than you'd want on a night when the mercury hit the roof in Paris. It's kind of a cheap shot to go the trying-too-hard route with someone who is so undoubtedly passionate about what he is doing, but at the same time, it's frustrating that someone who seems to almost effortlessly realize his vaulting musical ambitions comes up short elsewhere, at least on the first attempt. Of course, what Kanye West is trying to achieve is unprecedented. There isn't a fashion designer alive who could match his music. But tonight's show suggests that conquering his new medium is a work in progress.

• LOOK 1
    • LOOK 2
    • LOOK 3
    • LOOK 4
    • LOOK 5
    • LOOK 6
    • LOOK 7
    • LOOK 8
    • LOOK 9
    • LOOK 10
    • LOOK 11
    • LOOK 12

• LOOK 13
    • LOOK 14
    • LOOK 15
    • LOOK 16
    • LOOK 17
    • LOOK 18
    • LOOK 19
    • LOOK 20
    • LOOK 21
    • LOOK 22
    • LOOK 23
    • LOOK 24

Kanye West has designed a pair of shoes in collaboration w
    ith luxury shoemaker Giuseppe Zanotti.
    The
    stiletto sandals made of calf leather and encrusted with pearls are sold for 4,420 euros at Colette in Paris.
    Style.com was nice, That collection was epic BAD!

WTF is with his obsession with fashion. He used to be considered one of the best producers and then one of the best rappers in the business. He got a fuckload of money and critical acclaim in a super difficult industry. It's not like he was a a Spice Girl. Yet he wants to throw that all away in this ass-guided quest to become a fashion mogul. What the hell.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

He doesn't seem to have any idea how to make women's bodies look good. Some of those clothes make his skeletal models look wide and awkward. Maybe he should be designing for men instead.

thanks kasippu, i totally forgot about that! who could've forgotten those ugly ass shoes?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Silver Member

So you get to design your own fashion collection and have a runway show without toiling behind the scenes for years learning your craft under an established designer and/or studying fashion design just because you have a passion for it and also because you were successful in the hip-hop industry? Am I missing something here?
    Callalily likes this.

I think he needs this:

Half of those outfits leave your boobies flying in the wind, ridiculous
    ConstanceSpry and Callalily like this.

His collection is all about the Mummy, I guess? Or his idea of a deconstructed bandage dress? What an idiot.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Yeezus is an epic douche, and the clothes and shoes he designed are epic crap.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

As atrocious as I expected.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I don't think Cim would have a clue how to help him if he had a meltdown. That "Uh huh, Honey" song was made for her. She'd probably just call her Mom who would show up with the rat poison.

So Nike will work with an animal abuser but not this idiot? If not for the Michael Vick thing, I could almost have a shred of respect for Nike for basically telling Kuntye to fuck the hell off!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    'Did you not want the Yeezys?' Kanye West rages about failed collaboration with Nike in bizarre mid-concert rant

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    PUBLISHED: 15:39, 28 November 2013 | UPDATED: 16:30, 28 November 2013

Kanye West continued to vent at former partner Nike, taking to the mic during a concert again this week to complain about his treatment by the sports apparel company.

West spent more than six minutes talking and singing about the company during his The Yeezus Tour stop Wednesday night at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville, Tenn.

Taking on the role of a preacher in the cult of personality, West talked to the crowd about following a dream, creativity and culture, alluding to the media and corporations who he feels have tried to keep him from expressing himself fully.

Hitting back: Kanye West spent more than six minutes talking and singing about Nike during his The Yeezus Tour stop Wednesday night at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville, Tenn

Free rein: West talked to the crowd about following a dream, creativity and culture, alluding to the media and corporations who he feels have tried to keep him from expressing himself fully

The 36-year-old rapper then started to leave the stage, but in a feint returned to launch into a long discussion that was alternately esoteric, comic and emotional.

'Do you know who the head of Nike is?' West asked the crowd as he prowled back on forth on an arrowhead-shaped stage in a white mask.

'No, well let me tell you who he is: His name is Mark Parker, and he just lost culture. Everyone at Nike, everyone at Nike, Mark Parker just let go of culture.'

West has said in interviews recently that he's now partnering with Adidas. He first released his Air Yeezy shoe in 2009. He's chafed recently during interviews at being categorized as just a musician, and told the crowd he has the Internet and the stage from which he can speak directly to his fans.

Kanye West's bizarre mid-concert rant about corporate...

Must-have: West first released his Air Yeezy shoe for Nike in 2009. He has now partnered with Adidas

'I'm talking directly to you. No miscommunication,' West said. 'Did you not want the Yeezys? Nike would make you believe it was my fault that you couldn't get them, but that was not the case. I wanted there to be as many Yeezys as there was LeBrons, and I wanted them to be at a good price, but that was not my choice, and we're going to change everything. And ... I'm going to create more than you think that any musician in the history of time ever could have.'

West also put his displeasure into song to the delight of the crowd, noting with the help of Auto Tune and piano in the background that even though Nike wouldn't take his call, other forward-thinking companies will.

'I talked to the head of Disney today,' West sang. 'And I talked to the head of Louis Vuitton today. I swear to God on my life, I talked to them both today. I swear to God I talked to them both, and they wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. I said, "I want to talk about something that isn't turkey day. I want to talk about something different. I want to talk about dreaming."

Read more: Kanye West rants about failed Nike collaboration at concert | Mail Online

why am I not surprised that's one uglyass shoe?

The problem with those designs is that they are on tall thin models. Perhaps if they were modeled on a 5'4" slightly overweight brunette with a humongous ass they would look great! Oh, wait....
    Bombshell, Callalily and Kittylady like this.

Thread Information