Page 243 of 324 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4858
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah_blah View Post
    Forgive me if I offend anyone but why is it ok for black person to say such a word and expect it to be fine but a white person says that word and its 'you're being racist'?
    White people have long used the word as a pejorative term to refer to black people.

Some black people decided to "take back" the word (to change the term from negative to positive).

That's why some black people are ok with using the word, but are not ok with white people using it.

White people can can use the word if they want, it's not illegal, but they should be willing to accept the consequences of using it (ie, people might call you a racist and if you use it in the wrong place and the wrong time you might get a beat down). I don't agree with anyone using it and no black people I know (at least, the educated/professional ones) use it either.

Hope that helped. Bottom line is that no one should use it. In my opinion of course.
    sprynkles, Palermo, sluce and 9 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    White people have long used the word as a pejorative term to refer to black people.

Some black people decided to "take back" the word (to change the term from negative to positive).

That's why some black people are ok with using the word, but are not ok with white people using it.

White people can can use the word if they want, it's not illegal, but they should be willing to accept the consequences of using it (ie, people might call you a racist and if you use it in the wrong place and the wrong time you might get a beat down). I don't agree with anyone using it and no black people I know (at least, the educated/professional ones) use it either.

Hope that helped. Bottom line is that no one should use it. In my opinion of course.

Only MY opinion. IF black people were truly offended by the N word, they wouldn't use it when referring to eachother.
    Froogy, arie_skop and Gossiplover like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cnynrnr View Post
    Only MY opinion. IF black people were truly offended by the N word, they wouldn't use it when referring to eachother.
    I whole heartily agree with this. If it is an offensive word, it should be treated as offensive to all. If we truly want to break down racial barriers, then this word needs to be equally offensive to all races.

I personally find it offensive, no matter who says it.
    Kathie_Moffett and South Lake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah_blah View Post
    Forgive me if I offend anyone but why is it ok for black person to say such a word and expect it to be fine but a white person says that word and its 'you're being racist'?
    You can do whatever you like, but it makes you an asshole if you are white and insist upon using it, because white privilege.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

The trouble with trying to quote Kanye for stupidity is that you have to quote it all. Damn, he married his perfect complement, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Dim probably can't wait til Ignori turns eleventy!
    Bless you for cracking me up. I really should stay out of this thread, because that gif upthread says it all. That poor little kid. I just want to kiss her and hug her and squeeze her and call her George...and take her away and never give her back.

No shit. Really? You don't say.

*whams head on desk once or twice*

Nope, still not a complete idiot. Perhaps you thought you were addressing the commenters at YouTube or IMDB?

For the love of fuck. If black people don't like the n-word and don't want people using it (which I wholeheartedly agree with) then they need to STOP USING IT THEMSELVES. Double standards don't work, and branding oneself with a term which is nothing but a sickening relic of institutionalized racism and cruelty is twisted. If we are going forward in that kind of spirit, I might as well just tattoo "dumb whore, fix me a drink, get on your knees, and shut up" on my forehead! (Yes, I have a fivehead, it would fit.)

Anyway, I super don't want to hear about this issue from that insufferable windbag Kanye, especially not when he knew that the individual in question had to quote his stupid-ass lyrics. (And I pity the lawyer fool who chose to put himself through that experience. No amount of money would be enough.)

Once again: some things are just NOT redeemable. Won't ever be cool. Only serve to perpetuate the horror that birthed them. Nazis, apartheid, Charles Manson, shitty words like--that one. Why would anyone even WANT to "take it back"?! Kill it with fire and let it go.
    Gossiplover likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm 100% full blooded Italian and I would never refer to myself, or other Italians, as WOPS.

Agree with all those who have said it shouldn't be said in any context.

And thanks for the replies!
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

This post has not been proofread

That word will NEVER be a "positive". It's kinda like when Kanye decided he was going to make the Confederate flag HIS flag, right? Is that NOW a positive image for black people? No, it isn't and it never will be.
    SHELLEE and Angeli like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I'm 100% full blooded Italian and I would never refer to myself, or other Italians, as WOPS.
    Same here. Or guineas, dagos etc. I'm Sicilian, and guess what, I'm not even in the Mafia!

Supposedly they bought this house

24895 Long Valley Rd, Hidden Hills, CA 91302 - Zillow
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West drop $20m on California mansion | Mail Online

Adding to the collection! Kim Kardashian and Kanye West drop $20 million on yet another lavish mansion
    By Chelsea White
    Published: 18:34 EST, 6 August 2014 | Updated: 10:20 EST, 7 August 2014

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have just had a very expensive change of mind.

The couple reportedly splashed out and bought themselves a $20 million mansion despite being in the middle of renovating another multimillion property.

Both E! News and TMZ reports that the newlyweds have decided on a stunning estate in Hidden Hills, California.

Welcome home: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have just purchased a $20 million home in Hidden Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles

While the new property has what every celebrity couple could want for - multiple pools and even their own vineyard - the new eight bedroom home's best feature for 33-year-old Kim is the proximity to her mother, Kris Jenner.

The jaw-dropping home is in the same neighbourhood - albeit in a different gated community - as the reality star's mom so Kris can babysit little 13-month-old North whenever it is needed.

Kim and Kanye have been living at Kris' home since before the baby arrived and had planned to move out to their Bel Air property once the renovations had been finished on the $11 million home.

Kim and Kanye's new $20 million mansion in California

Not quaint: The new property has what every celebrity couple could want for including multiple pools, separate wings and even its own vineyard

Private escape: The couple can focus on themselves in the enormous master suit that features exposed beams in its vaulted ceiling and a fireplace

Now the pair, according to E!, plan to sell the home when it is done and make the foray into being propriety moguls as well.

While the Bel Air home would be most people's dream, their new Hidden Hills house makes it look decidedly quaint.

Located on an impressive flat three acres of land, the propriety was originally listed for $21 million and features multiple living wings plus a pool house, which is bigger than the average family home.

Her wish: Despite recently buying a property in Bel Air, Kim - pictured on Wednesday - wanted to be closer to her mother Kris Jenner

Home sweet home: While house hunting can be stressful, the 33-year-old looked perfectly relaxed at the launch of the Kardashian Sun Kissed line in Los Angeles, California

Sign, sealed, delivered: At the event, Kim signed a fan photograph as 'Kim Kardashian West'

For two of the most photographed people in the world, the house provides the perfect escape featuring an enormous master suit with a separate bathroom for Kim and Kanye, a stone fireplace, his and her's custom closets and a mirror dressing area so Kim can take all her Instagram selfies.

The master suit does not stop there, as it also has its own gym, steam room, sauna and private patio with spa.

Not that their guests miss out on all the fun, as almost 16,000-square-foot home also has a theatre, games room - with suede walls - a wet bar, a library, a office, a family room and eight fireplaces in case California's mild weather gets chilly.

For her: Kim will be able to spend hours picking out her favourite looks inside her expansive closet

For him: Fashionista Kanye will be able to stare at his expensive shoe collection without having to share with his wife

New reality setting: The pair can also throw dinner parties for Kim's large family with the property also boosting a giant chefs kitchen from which both a formal dining area and a family room flow off

As Kanye often describes himself as an artist, there is plenty of space for him to show his artistic side as the grand rooms are all connected with what the Sotheby's listing describes as 'art gallery walkways' made even more dramatic thanks to the home's vaulted groin ceilings.

The pair can also throw dinner parties for Kim's large family with the property also boosting a giant chefs kitchen from which both a formal dining area and a family room flow off, plus there is also a refrigerated wine storage.

And there will certainly be a lot of wine to go around, as the couple can now follow in Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's footsteps and create their own drop as the estate has its own vineyard.

Chateau de Kardashian: The couple can now follow in Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's footsteps and create their own drop as the estate has its own vineyard

For the retiring types: Kim and Kanye can read the classics in their custom library

Dramatic look: The house features vaulted ceilings and exposed beams throughout its eight bedrooms and multiple entertaining areas

Ready for their own touch: The house features a minimal subtle paint scheme with natural colours and matching fixtures

However, even with a sprawling vineyard, there is still plenty of outdoor room so much so that the house has both a modern zero edge swimming pool in its courtyard and a more private natural look swimming spot within the grounds.

Keeping any guests further entertained, there is a massive outdoor 'entertaining pavilion,' a pool house, outdoor fireplaces and two BBQ areas as well as a sports court area.

Another big selling point for the pair was the built-in security system and that the home is within a gated community.

Only the best will do: The property boasts a modern zero edge swimming pool beside an 'entertaining pavilion'

For nights watching the stars: There are outdoor fireplaces and two BBQ areas as well as a sports court area

Perfect for babysitting: The property is in the same neighbourhood - albeit in a different gated community - as the reality star's mom Kris Jenner

An insider told E! News: 'They wanted more land than the Bel Air home, so they are flipping that and will have the two homes now. But they will sell that and move into Hidden Hills.

'It is way more private and secure with a whole security home above.'

According to TMZ, the home also has a musical past as the estate was once own by Lisa Marie Presley.

Work in progress: The newlyweds also own a $11 million Bel Air mansion which that are still renovating

New role: The pop culture icons, pictured here with baby North in June, plan to sell their Bel Air home for a profit which it is finished

Read more:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West drop $20m on California mansion | Mail Online

I like the captions.

Private escape: The couple can focus on themselves in the enormous master suit that features exposed beams in its vaulted ceiling and a fireplace

For her: Kim will be able to spend hours picking out her favourite looks inside her expansive closet

For him: Fashionista Kanye will be able to stare at his expensive shoe collection without having to share with his wife

For the retiring types: Kim and Kanye can read the classics in their custom library
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Located on an impressive flat three acres of land, the propriety was originally listed for $21 million and features multiple living wings plus a pool house, which is bigger than the average family home.
    You don't say.

Asshat article about asshat people. It's almost pleasing in its congruence.
    Stereo Inferno likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

The fact that assholes like the Kartrashians have managed to become filthy rich really proves this country has completely gone down the crapper.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

No shit. Really? You don't say.

*whams head on desk once or twice*

Nope, still not a complete idiot. Perhaps you thought you were addressing the commenters at YouTube or IMDB?

For the love of fuck. If black people don't like the n-word and don't want people using it (which I wholeheartedly agree with) then they need to STOP USING IT THEMSELVES. Double standards don't work, and branding oneself with a term which is nothing but a sickening relic of institutionalized racism and cruelty is twisted. If we are going forward in that kind of spirit, I might as well just tattoo "dumb whore, fix me a drink, get on your knees, and shut up" on my forehead! (Yes, I have a fivehead, it would fit.)

Sorry, I'm just reading this thread again. To be clear, ANYONE who uses the "n" word is an idiot and it's offensive. Not sure if you were interpreting my comments to say that I agree with people using the word.

I was not calling anyone an idiot. A poster asked why some will get upset with white people using the word while it's "ok" for blacks to use it. I was just answering her question, and I think I made it pretty clear that I don't agree with the mindset. Not sure why the snarky remarks. I don't think I'm applying a double standard. I specifically said that no one should use it.

No need for the rude tone is all I'm saying.
    sluce, JazzyGirl, PecanPie and 5 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information