Page 234 of 324 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4858
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

Silver Member

Why pierce a baby's ears?

A lot of people do it. It's very common. I had mine done when I was a baby.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

my sister and I both had our ears pierced before we were 2
    And the whole hired baby thing , who would lease their baby out to be used as a stunt double for these two ?
    BelledeJour likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Appollonia View Post
    My grandma pierced my ears when I was maybe 2 months old (this was in the 80's). My dad went BALLISTIC! My mom was fine with it.

I waited until my daughter was 3 to pierce her ears. BAD idea. The inexperienced girl who pieced her ear tried to do them one at a time. After the first one my daughter screamed hysterically, kicked the woman in the face and ended up kicking the shit out of her. So, I paid a bunch of money for one earring, which of course we had to take out. Earlier is better!!
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

My mother-in-law got my daughters done when she was 4 months. I was in the hospital recovering from gall bladder surgery. I was pissed!!! Not so much that they were done that early, but because she didn't even bother to ask me (or my husband).
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Appollonia View Post

It's a cultural thing for some people. I waited until my daughter was older because I wanted it to be a rite-of-passage thing for her and I wanted it to be her choice. She was ten when we had her ears pieced and old enough to care for them herself.

I would have lost my shit, dksnj. That's a permanent (most of the time) procedure, that a grandparent does not have the right to have performed. I'm pretty firm about that being my daughter's decision. What if she ends up not wanting her ears pierced? She is seven, and has not expressed any desire to get them done. When she does, I'll take her.
    sorry, I'm a little sensitive to the subject because my mother in law almost pulled the same stunt (knowing how I feel about it) grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    It's a cultural thing for some people. I waited until my daughter was older because I wanted it to be a rite-of-passage thing for her and I wanted it to be her choice. She was ten when we had her ears pieced and old enough to care for them herself.
    Same here. My daughter got them done for her ninth birthday, though she started asking around seven. We didn't want it to be something she did just because all of her friends had, and we knew she'd take the responsibility of caring for them seriously if she had to wait a little longer. She's totally diligent about cleaning her ears and jewellery after every use and as a bonus, new earrings are the most exciting "reward" for all good behavior these days. Beats the hell out of all that American Girl shit.

I wish mine had been done as a baby, though. I have a dealthy fear of needles (fortunately my kids don't share it) and vividly remember how traumatized I was when I got mine done around age five. To each their own.
    Angeli likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I would have lost my shit, dksnj. That's a permanent (most of the time) procedure, that a grandparent does not have the right to have performed. I'm pretty firm about that being my daughter's decision. What if she ends up not wanting her ears pierced? She is seven, and has not expressed any desire to get them done. When she does, I'll take her.
    sorry, I'm a little sensitive to the subject because my mother in law almost pulled the same stunt (knowing how I feel about it) grrrrr
    Yeah, my daughter is 26 now But all the while she was growing up my mother-in-law always acted like she was the mother. I guess it was because she had 4 boys and my daughter was the first granddaughter. Not to mention we lived w/in walking distance. That shit was put a stop to real quick!
    Flygirl likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

My mother said pierced ears were barbaric. So, I did them myself, around 7th grade. Needle, thread, ice cube and a sliced potato. Yikes. Yep, I was a rebel.
    Bombshell and sputnik like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I got 'em done my freshman year at college - my mother was furious. She went by the Mommy Sayings Rulebook: If God wanted you to have holes in your ears, you would have been born with them.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    My mother said pierced ears were barbaric. So, I did them myself, around 7th grade. Needle, thread, ice cube and a sliced potato. Yikes. Yep, I was a rebel.
    Does the sliced potato help with the bleeding or healing ?

I had mine done when I was 14. It was in a hairdressing salon, and when the second ear was finished, I slid off the chair onto the floor and passed out cold. I came to, with the faces of several little old ladies no more than a few inches from mine, peering at me from under various shades of blue and purple hair. Not one of my better moments.

I got them done for my 10th birthday. I went to Claire's. Lol
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I did the same thing, three times in each ear.
    Trixie likes this.

Thread Information