Page 125 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4858
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

mjw
    Elite Member

Exclusive: Andre Leon Talley Defends 'Vogue' Cover of Kim & Kanye

People are still talking about Vogue's decision to put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the cover of the April 2014 issue of the iconic magazine and now Vogue Contributing Editor and Zappos Artistic Director André Leon Talley is opening up to ET about his feelings on the controversial cover.

"Kim is to me a fashion icon," Talley said about Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue Anna Wintour's decision. "On my Zappos couture site, I had already called her 'Muse of the Month'…She's aspirational to a lot of young girls."

Talley goes on to say, "There are haters about the Vogue cover, I don't get hate. This is Anna Wintour's version of just celebrating achievement. Kanye's achievement as a great rapper, and a great businessman. And Kim's achievement as a public figure, an iconic woman of her time, who has managed to be in the limelight with a reality show."

While discussing Kardashian's appearance last night on Late Night With Seth Meyers, Talley describes the relationship that Wintour has with her daughter Katherine "Bee" Shaffer, a segment producer for the NBC late night talk show. "Anna is very close to her daughter…and therefore I would say, without official knowledge, that the [Late Night With Seth Meyers] show is an ancillary branch ofVogue. If it [has] anything to do with Anna Wintour and Bee, you'll see a lot of people on that set…that have come through Vogue."

Exclusive: Andre Leon Talley Defends 'Vogue' Cover of Kim & Kanye | ETonline.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I love that guy. A Vogue editor that always dresses ugly as fuck. It's a beautiful thing even if he ain't.

There's a lot of defending going on! Has Mama Cris weighed in yet?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ADel View Post
    The day this woman starts dressing appropriately for her figure is the day the earth stops spinning on its axis.

She.looks.hideous. And her face looks like an alien freshly birthed from a pod and hoping (wrongly!) it can pass among us undetected. She looks two seconds away from unhinging her jaw and swallowing a rodent whole.

Her plastic surgeon should be fired.
    Not to mention that it was really cold and windy in NYC today. Also, her legs are terrible and have absolutely no muscle tone at all. Doesn't she work out all the time?

Her 'workouts' are filler top ups and hair extension days, silly!
    kasippu and rockchick like this.

And more importantly, they're opportunities to be photographed by the paparazzi.
    Makisa and kasippu like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Good for Talley defending AW as he remembers where his bread is buttered. I'm sure it all came right from the heart. LOL
    SoCalMarie and Novice like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    There's a lot of defending going on! Has Mama Cris weighed in yet?
    Her contribution is probably sending a small army out to buy Vogue all over LA and NY in an attempt to prop up the issues sold.
    Makisa, SoCalMarie and rollo like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    That is what you saw? I had to go back to check out the shoes I was too much watching her thunder thighs trying to escape.
    It's habitual. I just love shoes so much and I especially love that Kum wears the ugliest shoes ever!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    unless there is actual evidence of the baby peeing on kanye, i don't believe it. i'm sure they came up with that story to humanize kanye and pretend like they are actively involved enough that he was holding her long enough to get peed on.
    Y'know, I believe it actually happened, but the fact that Kum's made it anecdotal says to me that it's never happened to either of them before. By the time a kid is nine months old, its parents - the ones who actually raise their own children - have been peed and crapped on at least 20 times, surely?!
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

Apologies to anyone who has been moaning along with the "Vogue is dead" dirge, but it looks as though Kimye's appearance on the cover of the fashion magazine is not the portent of end times, after all. As a matter of fact, it was a major get — according to a source, both Harper's Bazaar and Vanity Fair wanted the #WorldsMostTalkedAboutCouple to grace their cover page as well.

A source told WWD that Kim Kardashian was "in serious talks" with Bazaar about appearing on the cover of their February issue; she ultimately balked becauseBazaar editor-in-chief Glenda Bailey thought Kim looked "overweight" and thus pushed for a beauty shot as the cover image. Bailey also wanted Terry Richardson to take the photo, which Kim didn't like — although Terry Richardson is a friend of the Kardashian family, she apparently had "concerns" over his highly-publicized "unsavory behavior." If this is true, it effectively means that Kim Kardashian refused to put up with the industry's bullshit in two hugely notable ways: firstly, she rejected the practice of cropping out any non-model thin body (i.e., Adele's BritishVogue cover, Mindy Kaling in Elle). Secondly, unlike Richardson's army of supporters, she didn't want to be photographed by a known (but well regarded by fashion people!!!!) sexual predator.

Kim would have covered their February issue and backed out last minute, leaving the editorial team scrambling for a new cover woman (this resulted in them choosing Daria Werbowy, a model, which is a bit surprising for them).

WWD also reports that Vanity Fair was considering a Kimye cover, shot by Annie Leibovitz like Vogue's was, but the editorial team was split over the decision. Vanity Fair received a lot of criticism for putting Paris Hilton on the cover of the Spanish edition in 2011, which had left several staff members "spooked," according to an insider. All the debate ended when news leaked that Vogue had gotten her for the April issue, and that was that.

#WORLDSMOSTTALKEDABOUTCOUPLE.

Vogue Beat Out Harper's Bazaar and Vanity Fair For the Kimye Cover

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

"she apparently had "concerns" over his highly-publicized "unsavory behavior." If this is true, it effectively means that Kim Kardashian refused to put up with the industry's bullshit in two hugely notable ways: firstly, she rejected the practice of cropping out any non-model thin body"

so I guess I've been wrong about her all this time, she's really a woman we should all look up to and aspire to be like. Silly me.

I know you have all been asking yourselves, "What does Kelly Osbourne think of this?" Well wonder no more.

MY THOUGHTS ON KIM AND KANYE ON VOGUE « Kelly Osbourne | Official Site

This week the world has been in a complete tizzy over the latest cover of American Vogue featuring one of the… if not the biggest pop culture power couples of the 21st century Kanye West and his wife to be Kim Kardashian. I just can’t bring myself to call them Kimye sorry… I don’t think there has been this much controversy over an American Vogue cover since 2008 with their April issue featuring Lebron James and Gisele Bundchen! As soon as it hit newsstands the world went insane over what was meant to be a ground breaking issue for Vogue as Lebron was the first black man to EVER be featured on their illustrious cover. 2008 PEOPLE THAT WAS ONLY 6 YEARS AGO!!!! IT TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH!!!!!! Needless to say it had the opposite impact to what Vogue had intended. The cover shows Lebron ferociously playing basketball while hold super model Gisele Bundchen as if she is light as a feather. (I bet she is light as a feather?) Instead of seeing a talented man doing what he does best… PLAYING BASKETBALL and holding a SUPER MODEL… Come on you guys it’s VOGUE NOT TIME MAGAZINE!!! In fact I do believe I have seen him pull the exact same facial expression while playing on the court. All people saw a King Kong parody branding Vogue as racially insensitive for reinforcing and contributing to stereotypes. Maybe it might just be my ignorance but I don’t think the picture is racist but I do understand why people would have that opinion. What do you guys think?

Ok back to Kim & Kanye there is no denying that it looks like a really beautiful picture for the cover of prom magazine so I understand why the fashionistas of the world would not like it. People are even going so far as to cancel their subscriptions or bloggers taking down the link to Vogue magazine. I don’t want to even go into the awful things people have said about them. I find this disgusting. Regardless of whether or not you think Kim and Kanye are worthy enough be on the cover it is, it’s not your decision to make. I do believe that would be up to Anna Wintour. Vogue would be not be what it is today without her foresight. She knows what she is doing and no one can make her do anything. Sooooooo to all you people bashing Vogue, Kim, Kanye, and Anna stop and really think for a second because I am willing to bet my life that whether you recognize it or not somewhere hidden deep down inside of all of us is the dream of being on the cover of VOGUE!!! So back off stop shitting on people’s dreams that have come true and try for once to be happy for other’s success. Stop raining on their parade!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

And then there is the fug or fab take. Click the link if you want to read her first 7 points. I am posting #8 because it's a fine attempt at rap and I believe Kanye would sing this.

Fug or Fab the Cover: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian on Vogue, April 2014 - Go Fug Yourself: Because Fugly Is The New Pretty

8) In GFY Kanye’s estimation: “WE DID IT, FOOLS — I TOOK VOGUE TO SCHOOL AND PROVED THAT I RULE BY GETTING THEM TO FUEL THE FAME OF MY BABY-MULE, AND NO, THAT’S NOT AN INSULT BECAUSE MULES ARE DOPE. NO DISRESPECT. THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO CARRY THINGS. BUT I DIGRESS. I LAID DOWN THE LAW AND GOT STUCK IN ANNA’S CRAW, AND SHE SAID SHE’D PUT US BOTH ON AND CALL IT A DRAW, BUT I STILL SAY I WON, BECAUSE I HID A TON, SO THE MAIN PART OF THE PICTURE IS THE BAKER OF MY BUN. SO THANKS ANNA WINTOUR, AND A HEARTY BONJOUR, FOR TAKING AN ATTITUDE DETOUR WITH YOUR BIBLE OF COUTURE AND MAKING IT A BROCHURE ABOUT MY LADY SO PURE AND HER VIBE SO MATURE. SHE WILL NEVER BE OBSCURE; INSTEAD SHE’LL ENDURE, AND NOW THAT YOU’VE ENSURED. SO THX. THE CHERUB RUG WITH MY FACE ON IT IS IN THE MAIL.”

19 Photos of Kim K That Will Make You Rethink Everything

March 20, 2014 by: Emma Collins

Image by:
    Getty Images

Kim Kardashian is a very beautiful woman.
    by Taboola
    Sponsored Content

More From The Web

Eat THIS, Never Diet AgainHealth Watch

The Ebook Lie - Why Publishers Give Away Free …Bookworm Tips

8 Clues In The Orphan Black Season 2 PosterBuzzfeed

Surprise! Top 25 NFL Records That Will NEVER Be …Rant Sports

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
    She’s completely nailed down the high-fashion-meets-glam, pencil skirt with a crop top, BOOTY-full LOOK.

WENN
    Kim has a very specific look that girls all over Instagram are trying to emulate.
    But in the dark recesses of the Internet, there are some photos that might make you think otherwise.

One time, she rocked a huge weave and doll makeup.

Kim Kardashian

She used to wear '80s high-cut bikinis.

Kim Kardashian

She even had a BOB.

Entertainment Tonight

One time, she drove past the paparazzi MAKEUP-FREE.

WENN

She reapplied frosted lip gloss at a club!

Tommy Gravad/WENN

She used to party with Paris Hilton.

Timothy Jackson/WENN
    Remember that?

She was not the demure mother to North West that you know and love.

Timothy Jackson/WENN

She dated Nick Cannon and was a little too friendly with that finger.

Timothy Jackson/WENN

She was VERY TAN.

Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage

One time, she left her sunglasses on too long...

Kim Kardashian
    ...And this happened.

Oh, and she also covered her face in blood in the name of beauty.

Instagram

She wore a velour sweatsuit in public.

Most Wanted/Flynet

At one point, she had an entirely different…face?

FameFlynet

Present-day Kim K wouldn’t rock a hairstyle with so little volume.

Jason Merritt/FilmMagic

Yes girl, Kim rocked flip-flops AND hoop earrings at one time too.

John Shearer/WireImage

And a nightgown at an event.

Gregg DeGuire/WireImage

Can we just point out that Kourtney Kardashian has looked exactly the same for 1,000 years?

Jeff Vespa/WireImage

Well, this wasn’t that long ago, but…we all know how the Internet felt about it.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Kim wore a hair poof, you guys. A hair poof like Snooki!

Michael Wright/WENN
    See, we told you that they would make you rethink everything.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

I know she probably had some PS at that point, but her face looks really pretty in that velour tracksuit picture. I don't know why she doesn't step out of the house without a shit ton of clownish contouring now.

Thread Information