Page 117 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4858
Like Tree10137Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian/Kanye West divorce countdown

Bronze Member

That after looks like a wax figure. Oh myI want to know how much he had to pay Vogue for the cover.Will this trash ever leave pop culture?

I hate Anna Wintour and never buy Vogue, because when she got the editor's job, she made a point of reviving the fur industry, which was slowly disappearing. I hope she feels like an idiot, not that she'd ever admit to that.

To be honest, I find the whole snotty, hoity toity, 'I must be seen looking bored in the front row of Fashion Week', just plain bullshit. This is what I mean...

lizzybabe and ConstanceSpry like this.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

She looks like Kim's twin in the last picture...

I have to say, those are pretty good lip injections on Kylie. I would do it if I thought it would turn out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    Novice wrote:

Well we'll have no idea how much it sold until the numbers come out but I think you're underestimating the anger here. Vogue is a high-end magazine whose subscribers don't care for the Kardashians. Yeah you'll get some casual fans who may pick up the magazine but there is no guarantee they will keep buying. Meanwhile your hard-core subscribers and supporters are livid. Way to alienate the core supporters.

Vogue is a high end magazine? Really? Wow, who knew?

You know who else has been on the vogue cover? Britney 'white trash' Spears and the Spice Girls. Hardly the type that the average vogue reader wants to see. The magazine and its industry credibilty survived. A 122 year history won't be wiped out due to one cover.

If some people cancel their subscriptions, oh well. That's not how magazines make money anyway.
    Slushie likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If Kylie stops there (which we all know she won't), then I would say that's the best money PMK ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    You know who else has been on the vogue cover? Britney 'white trash' Spears and the Spice Girls. Hardly the type that the average vogue reader wants to see. The magazine and its industry credibilty survived. A 122 year history won't be wiped out due to one cover.
    Ha...remember when Anna Wintour said that she regrets putting them on the cover? I wonder what she will say about Kim in a few years...

I am loathe to admit this, but I think Kylie looks better in the after pic.

It's disturbing that PMK and her surgeons have produced a whole fleet of Bratz dolls. Unfortunately for Kylie, the cartoon butt and boob implants are next.
    Bombshell likes this.

Gold Member

If some people cancel their subscriptions, oh well. That's not how magazines make money anyway.
    Britney and the Spice Girls were wrong choices but they didn't get their fame by starring in a sex tape and getting peed on. At least they were considered legit stars when they were on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    Ha...remember when Anna Wintour said that she regrets putting them on the cover? I wonder what she will say about Kim in a few years...
    She will. But through her Editors Note at Seventeen Magazine, since she probably won't be working at Vogue much longer

Sarah Jessica Parker For Vogue Editor!
    She's eloquent, classy, witty, knows/loves fashion.... and would never allow the Krapdashions on the cover.

Last edited by SoCalMarie; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: I haz spelling issuez
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Well, those pics of Kylie clear up my questions about whether her new lips were injections or 90s lip liner.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It isn't, but still people who buy it don't want it to be INTOUCH either and that is exactly what it is right now. I really hope this is AW biggest mistake and she it will cost her.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Well, those pics of Kylie clear up my questions about whether her new lips were injections or 90s lip liner.
    She's had her jawline shaved down, a nose job, lip injections, something down around her eyes and brow area, and veneers. There were rumors recently that she'd gotten breast implants, as well. Kendall has also had a nose job.

SB - I saw a littl bit of KUWTK yesterday & the trainer showed one of the kids saying "I can't life my arms" *whine-whine* I am guessing that they are debuting her new boobs then....
    Novice wrote:

Well we'll have no idea how much it sold until the numbers come out but I think you're underestimating the anger here. Vogue is a high-end magazine whose subscribers don't care for the Kardashians. Yeah you'll get some casual fans who may pick up the magazine but there is no guarantee they will keep buying. Meanwhile your hard-core subscribers and supporters are livid. Way to alienate the core supporters. There are already scores of readers who have abandoned U.S. Vogue because they want models back on the covers (which I agree with).

Also, despite the canards being put out by the Kardashian PR firm, magazines with the Kardashians don't really sell - the only magazine they sell well is Cosmo.

Who knows? The publicity could very well work out in Vogue's favor and Kardashian supporters will rush out and buy the magazine, but it will be a short-term victory for Vogue because of the lost credibility.
    I'm not " underestimating the anger here" because I really don't care about it. It is a touch point for celebrities who has very little to do int he last few years (Sarah Michelle Gellar I'm looking at you) to use it to big themselves up.
    I think that you need to look at the bigger picture.
    • Print magazines are a shrinking market and the trend is towards electronic delivery.
    • People are cancelling their subscriptions? OK, lets look at the circulation figures. 2013 - 1,246,765; 2005 - 1,260,316 Where are the droves? That is a fairly static circulation figure.
    • Cosmopolitan is a completely different market - its like comparing apples with oranges. Their demographic is of a younger market compared with Vogue's. Also US Cosmopolitan's circulation is approx twice that of US Vogue. Apples & Oranges.
    • Magazine covers with Kim Kardashian on the cover don't really sell? Thats why no magazine is putting her on the cover, obviously....

• Oh and this one? industry Magazine with an article about celebrity promotion.
    • Vogue is a global renowned brand that is well respected in multiple countries, there is no "loss of credibility".
      Like it or not, the Kardashians are very popular globally, which is why they visit non-US countries.

Quote Originally Posted by South Lake View Post
    Kylie has gotten the Kim. Starting with major lip injections & possible cheek injections/implants..

Before:

After:

Botox in her forehead as well? Look at those "batwing" eyebrows......

Exactly - and they aren't cancelling their subscriptions "in droves"
    Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    I don't think that it will take a few years, if she speaks publically about it at all (which I doubt that she will).
    Britney and the Spice Girls were wrong choices but they didn't get their fame by starring in a sex tape and getting peed on. At least they were considered legit stars when they were on the cover.
    "Legit stars"? So what is your criteria for that? At this point (like it or not), Kim Kardashian is a "legit star", she earns a substantial income, is a global brand, has multiple tv shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    It isn't, but still people who buy it don't want it to be INTOUCH either and that is exactly what it is right now. I really hope this is AW biggest mistake and she it will cost her.
    Re-positioning Vogue in the rapidly changing market place isn't going to make it "Intouch", they repositioned W and they will do it for US Vogue too.
    Other Vogue magazines (i.e. non US Vogue) are more lifestyle glossies, rather than cutting edge fashion (although they contain that as well), and its working well for them in the markets that they are choosing to go after.
    Last edited by Novice; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:36 PM.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Elite Member

Kanye publicly begged. People are aware of it. When Anna writes in her letter that he didn't, the choice was all the mag's, she looks idiotic. The damage for Anna is that people saw her as an unmovable gatekeeper for that magazine; they saw her as a stern person who couldn't be swayed. Her word was final and there was integrity. Now she has pandered to the lowest of the low. The magazine may not see a drop in sales or subscriptions so all may be fine there. The biggest value loss may be to Anna herself. People who may have taken her word as bible, or taken her taste level as bible can now legitimately smirk and laugh her off because this is the woman who put KK on the cover of Vogue and tried to play it off. The armor is badly damaged. The respect she was given has taken a hit; taken down several notches. That's where the impact will be. You can't dictate taste and be respected when you've shown how low your taste can go if you're willing to pander to Kimye, or be bought off or whatever happened. Sure, it's not like her choices were always super pure; there's a ton of politics in fashion trends, designers that get supported or whatever, but this is in a class all of its own. I think Anna will be out of there within the year. I don't know - just my thoughts. I've been keeping an eye out for actual fashion industry insiders to weigh in, to see what they think.

Thread Information