Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Kim Cattrall lashes out at Sarah Jessica Parker

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I guess I've never understood why women on set are supposed to be BFFs off-set. It's a job. You show up, do your thing, hopefully have a pleasant work relationship with your costars, then move on to your next gig. If someone is being unprofessional, then yeah, that's a problem, but you never hear this shit about male costars melting down because Ben Affleck didn't invite them over to play video games until 3am.

I feel awful for Kim losing her brother, and can understand how grief can make everything feel raw and personal. I think it sucks that any disagreement between women gets painted as a mean-girls-catfight.
    I agree with you.

When I worked in sports media, there was only one other female at our station. I ended up covering her maternity leave for her.
    Men would always ask us or post on social media, thinking we'd be catty with one another. They'd try to put the other woman down to me, in hopes of somehow relating to me and they'd do the same to her. Men treated us like we were each other's competition and would be going head to head with each other.
    Complete opposite. She's the one who trained me for the job, she's the one who told the station to hire me in her spot, I could go to her with any problems, she taught me the ropes of being a female in a professional sports locker room, etc.

When people would ask me if I was taking her job or that I should get to stay when the other woman was done her mat leave I'd just tell them, "This is ____'s chair. I'm just keeping it warm for her."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In her Tweets, unless I'm forgetting one, she is not mentioning her movies or being a star, she's just telling SJP to eff off.
    Yes but it isn't like she's just a regular person telling some random person to fuck off. Come on.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

I was perfectly happy to remain on team meh, since they both made mistakes, until I read this quote from a source close to SJP.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/02/11/...-girl-comment/
    “Sarah was really shocked by Kim’s reaction, but she’s marking it down to raw emotions during a difficult time. Sarah certainly won’t be reaching out with an olive branch ever again, that was her final attempt. Sarah does plan on clapping back though, once the dust has settled and a little time has passed, Sarah is determined to get her side of the story across—and, not surprisingly, her side is very different to Kim’s. Sarah refuses to be portrayed as some kind of mean girl when in truth she’s far from it.”
    This is a woman in her 50s.

I'm really gonna let you have it. Once you're done grieving of course.
    fgg, rollo, lindsaywhit and 3 others like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Yeah I dunno... I'm more inclined to go with the grief stricken. Even though it probably would have been easier if she hadn't responded. I kind of understand though. If everything else is true about the ways Kim was slighted over the years, I'm curious to hear the explanation from SJP.

I'm wondering how Cynthia and Kristen felt about SJP making more money than everyone. You only ever hear about Kim being the one making a thing of it for some reason. That's kind of fishy.

So yeah, I'm still leaning towards Kim.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I was perfectly happy to remain on team meh, since they both made mistakes, until I read this quote from a source close to SJP.

Sarah Jessica Parker Plans Clap Back At Kim Cattrall Amid Mean Girl Jab ? Hollywood Life

This is a woman in her 50s.
    Seriously. Let.it.go.
    Nevan, dallison, Daphodil and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Sarah certainly won’t be reaching out with an olive branch ever again, that was her final attempt.
    You don't "reach out with an olive branch" over twitter after someone has lost a family member. You do it privately if you're sincere, and take their grief into consideration when wording your message. Then once the dust has settled you try and patch things up for real, and go public if you do finally reconcile. Then the tabs can go crazy with stories about how "The two stars reunited privately some months ago after Kim's tragic loss", and everyone will go awww.

This just smacks of being an attention whore, saying "look, I'm sincere, I'm calling her Dearest Kim and sending love, but she won't accept it". Right after her fucking BROTHER DIED. This was all about Sarah and not about Kim at all.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

"Dearest Kim" sounds over the top and pretentious anyway, this is not 1818.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Is no one going to mention the stupidity of "clapping back"? I don't like the idea of using social media to with people happy birthday or to send condolences. If you're really friends with someone you send them a text or a card. I often feel like posting it on Facebook, or twitter, is just a half assed attempt. Yeah, it feels nice on your b-day, but I don't talk to 1/2 those people more than 2 times a year.

I think that KC is grieving, justifiably, and didn't want to play the stupid social media game. Sarah's not her friend and the wording was done in a way to make it seem like they are best buds. Someone upthread said that they shouldn't have to be best friends, and that's entirely true. I think, from what I've read on here, that SJP had a hand is making shitty decisions for KC's character that she didn't like. On top of that, SJP created a gang with the other 2 leading ladies to freeze out KC. So, while you don't have to be best friends with your co-stars, I don't think it's asking all that much to at least work in a professional environment.

Besides her grief, Kim is probably worried sick about her mom. She is elderly and having just lost a child, anything could happen.

A note about SJP, her manner of speaking drives me nuts. It is like she is trying so hard to sound educated that she takes forever to get a sentence out.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I binged watched that over a week or two. Love it.
    I've watched most of these, so great! To the point that I tried to get my kid to watch a kid's show on Netflix and he told me "No, I want 'Cars getting Coffee'." He really loves the cars.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

I really hate the term clap back. It sounds like the antibiotic didn't work.

Proof that you can't beat a dead horse, because beating a live one is more fun
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

This makes so much more sense now. If SJP was executive producer and was behind that episode where Kim found the gray hair in her pubes, I'd be pissed off too.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Let us not forget Samanthas undying line about Lawrence of her labia from the last movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwQBaXmnejI
    I would have avoided another movie and any contact to the co-producer SJP at all costs after that, too.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information