Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Kim Cattrall lashes out at Sarah Jessica Parker

This whole story was weird for me- her brother was a 'missing person' here and people didn't immediately clue in that he was Kim Cattrall's brother. To everyone in our province, sharing his image, he was an Albertan who we all wanted to turn up safe. He was found only an hour and a half from where I live.
    I didn't even clue in when it was announced that, "Kim Cattrall's brother passed away" until I saw the picture of the two of them together. That's when I realized her brother was the missing Alberta man.

I'm Team Kim on this one. If SJP felt the need to post something, she could have said, "My condolences are with the Cattrall family as they go through this tragedy. Please respect their privacy at this time." It's acknowledging it and there isn't a fake line in there. It's respectful.
    To have such an outwardly hostile relationship with someone and then word it the way SJP did is almost pestering. If someone I did not get along with posted about my Mother like that, I'd have been pissed too. I had so much anger at that time, I just might have said something publicly. I don't know. I quickly learned that I had irrational thoughts and behavior immediately following the loss of an immediate family member and I never expected it. I won't judge another as they go through it.

Just to reiterate - if you feel like someone has bullied you, and led others to bully you, and it's never been resolved or had some kind of restitution. And then the person shows up and wants to gets some kind of public acclaim for a driveby nicety that they said about you and that cost them nothing? Of course it's infuriating. And by now KC has the "eff you" money and power to go tell someone to stick it, and not have to worry about the consequences any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post

I'm Team Kim on this one. If SJP felt the need to post something, she could have said, "My condolences are with the Cattrall family as they go through this tragedy. Please respect their privacy at this time." It's acknowledging it and there isn't a fake line in there. It's respectful.
    I agree with you other than the bolded. It's not SJP's job to tell the world to give them privacy - that's what the publicist or manager is for. I'd be even more pissed off if someone I hated was making statements on behalf of my family asking for privacy.
    Serendipity likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Everything I read said the two of them denied any on set issues for years. At one point KC did demand more money - and rightly so - but SJP's public comments supported that (i only read one recap article so maybe she said other things). That's not to say the mean girl shit didn't happen. But my sense of it from again, the one summary article I read, said it was in later years and especially after KC wouldn't do the 3rd movie. I think KC is quoted as saying SJP could have been "nicer" about it.

I have no trouble believing mean girl shit went down though. As to this tweet shit, if KC had not blasted SJP I bet none of us would even know about it. The tweet would not have been some public relations boon for SJP.
    Nevan likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Exactly. I don't follow either of them on social media even though I watched the show. I got a freaking alert on my phone about it on Saturday. I was like damn KC has lost her mind.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

She hasn't lost her mind. She's angry and grieving which are legitimate responses to a bereavement and possibly to years of ill treatment at the height of her career. After a loss, the world can cave in on you and trigger heightened responses to other aspects of your life. Not that she requires legitimisation anyway. She's reacting truthfully to a horrible situation and she's sensitive to the wrong people making it worse.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I guess I've never understood why women on set are supposed to be BFFs off-set. It's a job. You show up, do your thing, hopefully have a pleasant work relationship with your costars, then move on to your next gig. If someone is being unprofessional, then yeah, that's a problem, but you never hear this shit about male costars melting down because Ben Affleck didn't invite them over to play video games until 3am.

I feel awful for Kim losing her brother, and can understand how grief can make everything feel raw and personal. I think it sucks that any disagreement between women gets painted as a mean-girls-catfight.
    Daphodil, gas_chick, Mrs P and 1 others like this.

Silver Member

Yeah, I don't get how grieving suddenly equates to a woman going crazy and losing her mind. KC didn't want to do a 3rd SATC movie because seriously, the first sucked and the second was an atrocious, racist piece of trash "movie" that was done for the sole reason of lining their pockets. WHY would anyone want to watch a third movie?? Negotiations break down all the time, but "someone" threw KC under the bus and blamed her for ruining the livelihood of all kinds of assistants and crew and script writers. I don't blamer her one bit for telling SJP to fuck off on a public forum.

If you've stirred shit with someone for years and truly do feel sympathy for them, do it privately. A ton of celebrities live their lives off of social media and no one calls them bad people for not tweeting about this, that or the other.

I think the above article is Kim's word against SJP's word; there's nothing definitive. Kim has been saying for a couple of years that she just wasn't interested in doing a third movie. She felt that it was a large period of her life that she just wanted to end. There's no way for us to know who's telling the truth, but after reading all the side links from this thread, it definitely appears that SJP and her buds were more than willing to throw Kim under the bus and portray her as the one that "ruined" the third movie. I don't know if we'll ever know the full truth.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I guess I've never understood why women on set are supposed to be BFFs off-set. It's a job. You show up, do your thing, hopefully have a pleasant work relationship with your costars, then move on to your next gig. If someone is being unprofessional, then yeah, that's a problem, but you never hear this shit about male costars melting down because Ben Affleck didn't invite them over to play video games until 3am.
    I don't know - the biggest friendship/professional rift in all of show business (that I can think of) was two guys - Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Great friends who became almost enemies because one soared to prominence before the other.

My dad died 20 years ago and I tried to make his sister feel included in on the arrangements and such. We have/had a pretty fractured family and there were many things/people she didn't "approve" of. As I was greeting guests after the memorial service she made some derogatory comments about some relatives (that I don't even really care that much about), but I'd had enough. I don't even remember what I said, nothing overtly rude, but I've never spoken to her since. She's well into her 80s now which just proves that evil lives forever.

I understand KC's reaction - just one more thing on top of everything else. Sort of a "yeah, I'm done with all of it."
    Kittylady likes this.

^ It's the public venue thing that bothers me. Makes everyone look like an attention whore. And Daphodil - if your aunt drinks a bit she'll live even longer. Alcohol seems to act like a preservative for old and annoying people.

SJP in Ed Wood, First Wives Club and Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld are my favorites and I'll probably never like her in anything again. She and Seinfeld were so damn funny. They should be married and have a reality show. It's on Netflix now.
    sprynkles and Daphodil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ^ .

SJP in Ed Wood, First Wives Club and Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld are my favorites and I'll probably never like her in anything again. She and Seinfeld were so damn funny. They should be married and have a reality show. It's on Netflix now.
    I binged watched that over a week or two. Love it.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She hasn't lost her mind. She's angry and grieving which are legitimate responses to a bereavement and possibly to years of ill treatment at the height of her career. After a loss, the world can cave in on you and trigger heightened responses to other aspects of your life. Not that she requires legitimisation anyway. She's reacting truthfully to a horrible situation and she's sensitive to the wrong people making it worse.
    Okay I get it. She's angry and grieving. She's also someone with a platform to reach thousands if not millions of people. If I Tweeted fucked you to someone that I didn't want giving me sympathy no one would see it or give a shit. Sorry but it screams look at me, make my movies, make me the star, etc. She knew when she went off the attention this would bring and why else if not for selfish reasons of her own.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

In her Tweets, unless I'm forgetting one, she is not mentioning her movies or being a star, she's just telling SJP to eff off.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information