Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Kim Cattrall lashes out at Sarah Jessica Parker

^^^SJP was playing the social media game. She could have called. Or sent a card.
    Bluebonnet and Mrs P like this.

Maybe she has no other way to reach her. If anything, this seems more like a ploy by KC to air out her grievances that she wasn't given what she wanted to do the third movie.
    czb, BelledeJour and KrisNine like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm throwing this in here because it seems like some people are reminiscing about the show in this thread -

I never had watched a single second of this show and never will, it's just not my jam. It was really popular when I was in college and my 3 & 4th year college roomie was also one of my closest friends throughout high school, college and throughout my 20's.

Every year I brought the TV, every year she brought the fridge. One drunken night when my other lifelong BFF was visiting campus, my roomie and I started getting into it about how I never let her watch Sex and The City on my TV. I remember yelling, "Well Alison, it's a shitty fucking show and I don't let shitty fucking shows on my TV." and she would yell back, "How would you even know, you've never watched it."

So ultimately it ended up with me pulling all of my food out of her fridge and proclaiming that I wasn't going to use her fridge anymore. One of my items was a package of hot dogs, which my OTHER BFF took upon herself to start eating...cold. While Alison and I argued, my other friend sat on the floor eating cold hotdogs. Once we all got a wind as to what she was doing, we busted out laughing and moved on.

I never did let Alison watch SATC in my presence.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

There was a lengthy Daily Mail article this weekend giving background on the SJP and KC grievances. A lot of it came down to SJP wresting control of the show, giving herself more money, even though it was mostly an ensemble cast -- contrasted with "Friends" where everyone agreed to be paid the same. The fact that SJP put KC, especially in situations with nudity while not even showing a nipple herself. This progressed to KC being completely isolated and not being talked to when they were in makeup trailers. Or on location, the other three sharing a house while KC was by herself. If that is in any way accurate, I could see how KC would be infuriated by SJP's public posturing after putting KC through hell. And KC lashing out angrily telling her to stop the false sincerity BS.

I saw SJP in a Jimmy Fallon Clip last week. I never paid much attention to her but she comes across really... high? She can barely finish a sentence and cannot sit still for even a second.

-

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I'm throwing this in here because it seems like some people are reminiscing about the show in this thread -

I never had watched a single second of this show and never will, it's just not my jam. It was really popular when I was in college and my 3 & 4th year college roomie was also one of my closest friends throughout high school, college and throughout my 20's.

Every year I brought the TV, every year she brought the fridge. One drunken night when my other lifelong BFF was visiting campus, my roomie and I started getting into it about how I never let her watch Sex and The City on my TV. I remember yelling, "Well Alison, it's a shitty fucking show and I don't let shitty fucking shows on my TV." and she would yell back, "How would you even know, you've never watched it."

So ultimately it ended up with me pulling all of my food out of her fridge and proclaiming that I wasn't going to use her fridge anymore. One of my items was a package of hot dogs, which my OTHER BFF took upon herself to start eating...cold. While Alison and I argued, my other friend sat on the floor eating cold hotdogs. Once we all got a wind as to what she was doing, we busted out laughing and moved on.

I never did let Alison watch SATC in my presence.
    A cold hot dog is nothing more than bologna.

I love frozen hot dogs.
    dallison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    A cold hot dog is nothing more than bologna.

I love frozen hot dogs.
    Oh I know, I know - I can't sit here and say I wouldn't ever do the same (although I haven't yet).
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Maybe she has no other way to reach her. If anything, this seems more like a ploy by KC to air out her grievances that she wasn't given what she wanted to do the third movie.
    Kim didn't want to do a third movie, period. It wasn't about money, script approval, etc., she said she felt she'd given a good portion of her life to Samantha's character and she was done.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

IMO, I don't think it was a matter of money, or it would be happening. She obviously doesn't want to work with SJP.

These are people with agents and personal assistants. If SJP truly wanted to give condolences to KC without taking it public it could have happened.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I just read an article with a list of demands she had in order to do the third movie which were obviously not met.

@MsDark-she wanted projects produced not necessarily more money.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Still not sure why (if a 3rd film was so important for SJP) this was non-negotiable unless it was KC's way of saying no without coming right out and saying "Bitch, I said I don't want to work with you and it's not about money so fuck off".

IMO if the franchise or the friendships are truly the number one priority for SJP here then why not have an all for one/one for all situation a la "Friends".
    Kittylady likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That I don't know. Maybe the material sucked or maybe the decision is not just being made by SJP.

I just read an article with a list of demands she had in order to do the third movie which were obviously not met.

@MsDark-she wanted projects produced not necessarily more money.
    Ooooh, link please?
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I think Kim Cattrall has lost her damn mind. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, SJP was just expressing she was sorry for your loss. If she said nothing at all, you'd call her a heartless bitch. She says something, and it isn't even Oh I feel so bad for my bestie Kim and her family, and you go off. Anywho it is sad her brother died but I hope she doesn't read this and decide to tell me I'm saying that to save my nice girl image. When did SJP lose an image?
    Like someone said upthread, she could have said something generic like "deepest condolences to you and your family" but she had to call her "Dearest Kim" and talk about love.

I cut a "friend" from my life after my mother's death for a somewhat similar reason. You can do things when you're grieving that you might not do at any other time, but I still don't regret it almost 30 years later. I obviously didn't do it over twitter, but I wouldn't have given a fuck at the time if the whole world knew what a bitch she was.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Nevan likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information