Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Kim Cattrall lashes out at Sarah Jessica Parker

baghdad.bob 1 day ago
    I always thought that SJP was a "horse of a different color" off the set. I'm glad Cattrall is saying "neigh" to her attempts to feign sympathy.

nmn 23 hours ago
    Agree. It was harsh of SJP to "saddle" Cattrall with this, it is a tough "yoke" to bear.
    Jadestone likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Going to back to watch bits of the show now, as woman in her late 30's, I find it horribly annoying. Carrie really became unlikable as the series went on. Her outlandish fashion was okay in the beginning, but when that's what the show because known for it veered WAY off course. I liked Miranda, but her relationship with Steve was frustrating and hard to watch. Really, only Charlotte and Samantha was fun to watch. The 1st movie was alright, nothing amazing. I recently watched the 2nd movie and it was AWFUL. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Aiden showing up...ridiculous. Samantha was ridiculous with attempting to stave off menopause. The whole thing was stupid and a waste of time. I can't image what crap would be churned out for a number 3.
    redcat and Kittylady like this.

sex & the city made me fall in love with NYC. i've watched the series a gazillion times. the movies SUCKED!!!

i do think the show did have an influence on modern culture. it was open and honest about sex, and (for me, personally) made it actually fun and not shameful to talk about guys and sex and kinky stuff with my friends.

i did like some of carrie's fashion, sjp does have a knack for wearing the most interesting combinations of thrift shop & vintage pieces.

i do feel a bit like in the later seasons, the writers would put samantha (kim), into some humiliating situations and always had a feeling like it was personal. kim catrall played the HELL out of samantha, even with carrie's eye rolling, impatience and judgement towards her.

golden girls, on the other hand, these are the OG sex & the city hoes!!!!

I remember reading stories about Kim being furious that not only was Sarah making more money than the rest of them, she was kind of double dipping because she also got a salary as an executive producer (which, from everything I’ve ever read, is common). Now I wonder if those were planted. I also remember there being rumblings because Sarah demanded that the other girls didn’t sign endorsement deals for fear of their faces becoming oversaturated, and then turned around and got herself a couple of endorsement deals.

I was a regular viewer of the show during its run and watched the movies when they came out on cable. The first movie has been on heavy rotation on HBO lately. Aiden was my favorite and I hated Carrie each time she broke his heart. The Petrovsky guy was an awful storyline. Big was okay, just because you knew he was Carrie’s (and fan) favorite and they kept dragging him back. I liked the first movie, but really thought the second was silly and kind of degrading. I have no clue where they could have gone with three women in their 50s and one in their 60s running around in haute couture in NYC for a third movie. Sometimes things just need to end.
    redcat, Annika, Sassiness and 1 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I'll go one further - what was so enjoyable about it the first time around? Was it because it was the first show to show sexually open and free women? Their friendships weren't all that. The four of them barely liked each other. Were women seeing themselves in how they relate to and behave with men? The men were never shown in a good light. Lastly, Mr. Big. There was nothing wrong with him as a person, he was uncomplicated and unemotional like many men. Want more? Get a different kind of guy. Was it Carrie's begging and pleading for him to be the most awesome partner that the viewing audience could relate to? I know a therapist who told me that the majority of her practice has women who want to change their men or the men to change on their own for the relationship.
    Waterslide and redcat like this.

People forget that SJP was JUST on Watch What Happens Live recently and was still bitching about how Kim was preventing SATC3 and how she doesn't understand why Kim is mean etc. etc.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

She should be thanking Kim. I think it would be a total embarrassment of a movie judging by the second one.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

So SJP was raking in the lion's share of the profits while playing the most annoying character on the show that was insistent upon making us believe that she was the most desirable of this group? While everyone else was getting naked but her too?? Not to mention acting their asses off to make it believable they loved this chick who kept selfishly fucking her friends over time and again (art imitating life?).

Screw this beady eyed greedy heffa.

What you wanna bet if Kim holds out SJP will find a way to get a 3rd film made (where some lame excuse for Samantha's absence is made) and inadvertently puts the final nail in the coffin for this series?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If someone you've known for years (in real life) uses social media to send condolences, it is for show. Friends send condolences privately.

There was a blind item a few years ago, I think it was before the second movie, which basically said SJP’s coke habit was so out of control that “they” were only making the second sequel to give her a purpose in life other than racking up and snorting blow. From memory, Kim was reluctant to make that movie, and now it makes even more sense. Why should she have to drop everything and rearrange her schedule to make a movie nobody wants to see just to help someone she hates?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Now that's an interesting blind. Can anyone find?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Was she (Parker) the exec producer of SATC?
    Yes she was, although from what I've been reading that only came about after Darren Starr, the creator and producer and apparently Kim's biggest ally on the show, was ditched.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've watched the series a few times. Carrie was horribly annoying and dressed like a crazy person. The way the other 3 fawned over her and she really didn't deserve it. I always wondered if SJP had a hand in the writting.
    Apparently when SJP got the Executive Producer gig she took over a lot of creative control over the scripts etc and she used that to cut a lot of Kim's stuff and put her in ridiculous situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I've never actually seen the show. Is it worth a watch or is it too outmoded to be enjoyable? I kind of feel like it won't wear well on modern eyes.
    I tried watching it the first time around when everyone was talking about it and doing the "OMG! You have GOT to watch this!". I thought it was shite. The best thing to come out of it is the snark that it has provided online.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post

i do feel a bit like in the later seasons, the writers would put samantha (kim), into some humiliating situations and always had a feeling like it was personal. kim catrall played the HELL out of samantha, even with carrie's eye rolling, impatience and judgement towards her.
    There was supposedly a lot of Mean Girls shit going on, with SJP playing Queen Bee and having Kim frozen out by the others as they were all dependent on SJP's goodwill to keep their characters from being assassinated by her 'creative control'.
    Sassiness likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Now that's an interesting blind. Can anyone find?
    Not sure if this is the same one (10 years ago! Fuck I'm old) or if I saw a follow up, because this doesn't mention Kim and I could have sworn the BI I read had something about one of the cast members not wanting to commit, which was rumoured to be KC.

Lainey 9/30/08 - Because He Ignores Her

Because he ignores her
    Another week, another riddle involving a coke fiend. Everyone does it, but it's not the doing that's intriguing, it's the who's doing that's intriguing. Especially since her reputation is supposed to be so civilised and enlightened: a doting mother, a successful business, an artist (debatable), and an icon to many a MiniVan member. ironic as it may seem considering the original spirit of the inspiration.
    The situation is actually even more shocking considering her past. Having had that kind of experience with addiction though, perhaps there are only 2 roads: to shun drugs fiercely or, as it is in this case, to embrace them dangerously in her time of need.It's not just genes that keep her so thin. Turns out it's a habit that's making her very sick. Friends and family are becoming concerned. They're saying "she's not doing well", observing that her use has dramatically escalated, that she is becoming increasingly anti-social and withdrawn, removed out of embarrassment from her usual circle, and when forced out in public, looking awkward and seemingly unable to cope in social settings where she was once comfortable.
    The reason? It's not those laughable rumours of infidelity. It's actually because he ignores her. Never the child, but always her. Not deliberately but because she has no part in his life. It used to be he'd show up for the professional events, at the very least. Now she has to beg. And then it's only a maybe. He's not spiteful about it, he just doesn't care. Even on the forced holiday he could barely bother to acknowledge her and when they came home, he couldn't wait to get away.
    So she retreats and she escapes and he still doesn't notice. When confronted about it by close confidantes, he insists there's not a problem. And he probably truly believes that, completely oblivious is he to her problems.
    As such, her team is desperately trying to get her some new work, something else to focus on instead of moping around at home weighed down by disappointment.Artistically though, it may be bad news. Forcing a project on the heels of something already forced is probably just going to lead to more sh*t. Having said that, if it saves her, in the end, I guess that's what friends would do.

Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    Of course Lainey had to make it into her usual melodrama.

eta And IIRC she got the twins after this, so I guess they became her new project.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    She really pissed me off when she was cheating on Aiden, who was awesome. There wasn't much to like about the Carrie character looking back on it now.

And that fucking drama when she's trying on wedding dresses for fun and pretends she has a rash and all of a sudden starts yelling and tearing it and OH MY GOD I wish one of the other characters had slapped her hard across the face at that moment !
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I think Kim Cattrall has lost her damn mind. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, SJP was just expressing she was sorry for your loss. If she said nothing at all, you'd call her a heartless bitch. She says something, and it isn't even Oh I feel so bad for my bestie Kim and her family, and you go off. Anywho it is sad her brother died but I hope she doesn't read this and decide to tell me I'm saying that to save my nice girl image. When did SJP lose an image?
    czb, fgg, weathered1 and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information