Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Kim Cattrall lashes out at Sarah Jessica Parker

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I dunno. SJP wouldn't win on this one either way. If she said nothing, she's a heartless bitch. If she sent a kind message, she's just trying to show she's a "nice girl." SJP did what anyone does when someone you know had a death in the family.
    I agree, but I guess she could've done it privately. Kim's issue seems to be that SJP responded with condolences on social media to make herself look good and wasn't being sincere. *shrug*
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Definitely a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Did Kristin Davis send condolences?
    gas_chick likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Definitely Team Kim. SJP should've either sent condolences privately (if she really cared about just conveying support to Kim) OR if done over social media she should've kept it simple: i.e. "My condolences to you on the loss of your brother, Kim". The way she did it, with her saccharine-sweet "My dearest Kim" crap over social media where everyone can read it, was obviously done just to make herself look good & score some PR points with the public.

And from what I've read, SJP was the real tyrant behind the scenes with regards to S&TC drama. She's not the sweet, nice person she tries to publicly portray herself as. Team Kim all the way.

Team no one. I actually find it really stupid when people are fighting publicy on the social media. Can't they write private messages?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Team Kim. She's grieving and you don't want some frenemy chiming in on social media to look good.
    Thank you! I'm team Kim as well. Fake ass people are the last thing you need when you're grieving. Because YOU know and THEY know if it weren't for the tragedy, they wouldn't be giving you the time of day!

And why hasn't Kristen Davis reached out? Maybe she did but privately.
    arie_skop and redcat like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Maybe. Just curious because obviously Kim didn't have a problem with Cynthia's condolences, just SJP's.

Hey, I'm of the opinion that smart famous folks should just keep all but the most generic of responses off social media.

But that wouldn't make it very fun for us.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Team Stop Using Social Media for Condolences and Feuds

I'm so over social media feuds. While some can be amusing, mostly, it's STFU both of you!
    redcat and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    Definitely Team Kim. SJP should've either sent condolences privately (if she really cared about just conveying support to Kim) OR if done over social media she should've kept it simple: i.e. "My condolences to you on the loss of your brother, Kim". The way she did it, with her saccharine-sweet "My dearest Kim" crap over social media where everyone can read it, was obviously done just to make herself look good & score some PR points with the public.

And from what I've read, SJP was the real tyrant behind the scenes with regards to S&TC drama. She's not the sweet, nice person she tries to publicly portray herself as. Team Kim all the way.
    Yeah, I must admit, if I was one the outs with someone, and they addressed me as "My dearest Trixie" it might send me over the edge too.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    Team no one. I actually find it really stupid when people are fighting publicy on the social media. Can't they write private messages?
    Or, send a fucking card?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Team Stop Using Social Media for Condolences and Feuds

I'm so over social media feuds. While some can be amusing, mostly, it's STFU both of you!
    I agree, but every time someone famous dies, there are articles posting what other famous people said about that person's death on twitter. It's pretty much expected now.

We've seen the same thing about scandals, like the Weinstein thing for sure, what did Meryl say, what did so and so say, and let's dissect what they said or didn't say. It's such bullshit but it's almost like what they say is a major big deal because it can make or break reputations via public opinion.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Was she (Parker) the exec producer of SATC?

I've watched the series a few times. Carrie was horribly annoying and dressed like a crazy person. The way the other 3 fawned over her and she really didn't deserve it. I always wondered if SJP had a hand in the writting.

None of this should have been said publicly imo.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I don't have a hard time believing that SJP/SATC blind. For Kim to respond as she did definitely makes it seem so, when she could have just said nothing. I like the show, the first movie was okay, the second I didn't care for. Will not matter to me at all if there's no third.

I don't know about behind the scenes, but onscreen Carrie was the most annoying of any of them. It was actually one of the things I could agree with MrD on.

MrD ended up watching with me because this was back when he gave a shit and actually watched one or two things he would not have bothered with otherwise (at least initially) because I liked them, thus ended up watching a lot of SATC and admittedly usually found it entertaining. We probably had more discussions that I still recall about the characters on this show than any other we watched.

So recalling our conversations here's a guy's take:

Charlotte - was the prettiest but ditzy and mildly annoying, which being pretty and sweet kind of made up for. The one to plan your party.
    Samantha - was the funniest, sexiest and the most badass. Definitely the one you wanted to hang out with. The one to invite to your party.
    Miranda - was the smartest, also funny, the least annoying. Definitely the one to call if you are in trouble. The one who would help you clean up after your party.
    Carrie - hands down the most annoying and most self-absorbed. The last one to arrive and the first one to leave the party. Also remember these gems: Would stab out eyeballs if stuck in an upstate cabin with. Would dump after having to entertain her ex in said cabin (but become best buddies with him because he was not so bad). Would sneak out as soon as she fell asleep and not even leave a post it.

Also according to the ex, the least attractive. Which he claimed was strictly going on looks, but I have my doubts.
    I found Miranda to be as annoying as Carrie. Samantha and Charlotte were my favorites. I emphasize WERE, because the show has NOT aged well at all.
    MsDark, Wilson, czb and 3 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I found Miranda to be as annoying as Carrie. Samantha and Charlotte were my favorites. I emphasize WERE, because the show has NOT aged well at all.
    I've never actually seen the show. Is it worth a watch or is it too outmoded to be enjoyable? I kind of feel like it won't wear well on modern eyes.

Now, the Golden Girls? Those bitches are still fierce.

As for this whole thing, I agree that it shouldn't be on social media but I'm cutting Kim a break since her brother just died. SJP's message probably set her off when she had no fucks left to give about maintaining appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I've never actually seen the show. Is it worth a watch or is it too outmoded to be enjoyable? I kind of feel like it won't wear well on modern eyes.

Now, the Golden Girls? Those bitches are still fierce.

As for this whole thing, I agree that it shouldn't be on social media but I'm cutting Kim a break since her brother just died. SJP's message probably set her off when she had no fucks left to give about maintaining appearances.

BIB
    I still love those gals and always will. When our mothers condition became terminal me and my five siblings made sure to meet all the requests in her bucket list. She wanted to watch, again, every single episode of the Golden Girls. Once again, those girls made our lives just a bit more bearable.
    I'll never forget their awesomeness.

What does BIB mean?

^Bit in bold.
    lindsaywhit and Mrs Fawlty like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information