Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: Kevin Spacey 'Apologizes' for Sexual Harassment

That account above is so sad and fucked up. He was only 15, so I get that the denial to self-protect is strong. But if it physically hurt, that indicates some sort of penetration. That's rape to me, no "trying" about it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Well I apologize if it was offensive.😑
    But are you also gay? Otherwise your apology is invalid.

And I’m “cheating” on my cousin/boyfriend to go see Kevin Spacey.
    I'm confused. The kid was dating his cousin?
    czb likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dowcat View Post
    Eight 'House of Cards' Employees Accuse Kevin Spacey of 'Predatory' Behavior, Sexual Assault
    "All nine men asked to remain anonymous, fearing recourse on their careers if named."
    So men seem to have as much trouble as women to speak about harassment when a high profile celebrity is involved.
    It's sad they probably would have never accused him. The Weinstein scandal wasn't enough, I believe not even the initial accusation from Rapp. I guess it was his own admission and the fact so many people have started to speak.
    House of Cards production company Media Rights Capital (MRC) has since confirmed they previously received a sexual assault complaint in 2012.

"We have consistently reinforced the importance of employees reporting any incident without fear of retaliation and we have investigated and taken appropriate actions following any complaints, they said.
    "Appropriate action"? Like the employee resignation I suppose, since Spacey was the money-maker star.

Just thinking back a week or so ago when the revelation from the guy (14 at the time) came out. Then House of Cards practically shuts down a couple of days later. I should have known Spacey was running rampant on the set because you don't shut down an entire show and make hundreds of people unemployed because of something that one star did in the past.

and....getting this thread back on topic...just how do you collect whale urine?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

In an anthropology class, we had to read an account of eskimos. The book focused on a couple (isolated and making their way on their own). She collected her own urine, and used it to brush through her hair, in order to make her hair shiny and lustrous. Also, she ate the placenta from her baby (because she had witnessed her wolf/dogs doing it to their litters, and she believed that was what she was supposed to do), and her husband and her were alarmed when their baby was born without teeth.

I can't remember the name of the book, but it supposedly it was written from first hand accounts of actual eskimos.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc
    I'm confused. The kid was dating his cousin?
    He was groomed by an older relative, which is not uncommon. It's almost a shame he said this, because people will undoubtedly try to use his previous sexual behavior to claim he can't possibly be raped. If anything, it shows he was repeatedly victimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    That account above is so sad and fucked up. He was only 15, so I get that the denial to self-protect is strong. But if it physically hurt, that indicates some sort of penetration. That's rape to me, no "trying" about it.
    I hadn't considered that, but you are so right.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I lived in Alaska until I was 11. We always said Eskimo there. I found this on Wiki. It sounds like it's still okay to say Eskimo, just not in Canada or Greenland.

Description[edit]

In its linguistic origins,[1] the word Eskimo comes from Innu-aimun (Montagnais) 'ayas̆kimew' meaning "a person who laces a snowshoe" and is related to "husky", so does not have a direct pejorative meaning.[4]
    In Canada and Greenland, the term "Eskimo" is seen as pejorative and has been widely replaced by the term "Inuit" or terms specific to a particular group or community.[5][6][7][8] This has resulted in a trend whereby some Canadians and Americans believe that they should not use the word "Eskimo" and use the Canadian word "Inuit" instead, even for Yup'ik speakers.[9] The Canadian Constitution Act of 1982, sections 25[10] and 35[11] recognized the Inuit as a distinctive group of aboriginal peoples in Canada.
    Under U.S. and Alaskan law (as well as the linguistic and cultural traditions of Alaska), "Alaska Native" refers to all indigenous peoples of Alaska. This includes not only the Inupiat and the Yupik, but also groups such as the Aleut, who share a recent ancestor, as well as the largely unrelated[12] indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast and the Dene. As a result, the term Eskimo is still in use in Alaska. Alternative terms, such as Inuit-Yupik, have been proposed,[13] but none has gained widespread acceptance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo
    Brookie and BITTER like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Dumped by his publicist, dumped by CAA.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/kevin...nd-agency.html

Kevin Spacey Has Been Dropped by His Publicist and Agency

By Jordan Crucchiola

Kevin Spacey. Photo: Mark Davis/2015 Getty Images
    In the past week, Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual assault, harassment, and attempted rape by a handful of people. Two of those allegations describe sexual interactions between Spacey and 14-year-old boys. Now his publicist Staci Wolfe has confirmed to Vulture that she has dropped the actor and producer as a client, while a source close to the actor confirms he has also been dropped by the talent agency CAA. These moves come shortly after a new report from CNN in which a former production assistant for House of Cards accused Spacey of sexual assault, while seven more anonymous sources told the outlet that Spacey demonstrated a pattern of abuse while working on the Netflix series. Over the past few days, Spacey has had an award from the the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences rescinded, and seen House of Cards stall in production of its sixth season, which was also designated as its last at the start of the week.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

UGH - now one of my favorite politicos too - David Corn. Dammit people.
    weathered1 likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Stick a fork in him.
    sprynkles and Annika like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

House of Cards has now been cancelled, so Kevin Spacey's behavior has cost a lot of people their jobs.
    sprynkles, czb and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

If this were just about Kevin Spacey, I don't think they would need to cancel the show. It seems to me that the company or other people are deeply compromised by the amount of enabling that went on.
    redcat and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and....getting this thread back on topic...just how do you collect whale urine?
    Their bladders are easy to remove I think, once you kill them.
    sprynkles and Trixie like this.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information