Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: Kevin Spacey 'Apologizes' for Sexual Harassment

Bronze Member

Long time lurker. What Kevin Spacey did to Anthony Rapp, who was 14 at the time, was sexual assault on a minor child. Period. It has NOTHING to do with homosexuality. Shame on Kevin Spacey and shame on all those who have known about Spacey's behavior for years. We're talking about children. Not consenting adults.

This is really disappointing to me. I liked Kevin Spacey. But that sort of behavior towards a 14 year old? I don't care if you were drunk. And what a deflection. He's been avoiding coming out for years, and I doubt he would've had Anthony not come forward.
    BITTER, Janus, holly and 4 others like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Way to deflect and use 'coming out' (shocking!) to distract from the real matter at hand; that he fucking molested a 14 year old.

Also, way to give a boost the oh-so-critical thinking skills of the rightwing nutjobs who already think all pedos are gay. And that all gays are pedos. Good job, Spacey. Asshole.
    BITTER, Janus and Lalasnake like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

czb

ew

kevin's always been quiet about his personal life so i had no opinion of him except that he was a good actor.

now i'm just skeeved out he assaulted a 14 year old. and his 'statement' is just weird.
    Nevan, BITTER, Janus and 2 others like this.

Zachary Quinto Speaks Out About Kevin Spacey's 'Calculated Manipulation to Deflect Attention'

Zachary Quinto has released a statement about Kevin Spacey‘s statement of apology to Anthony Rapp.

The statement has caused controversy because Kevin used the statement to also come out as a gay man.

“It is deeply sad and troubling that this is how Kevin Spacey has chose to come out. Not by standing up as a point of pride – in the light of all his many awards and accomplishments – thus inspiring tens of thousands of struggling LGBTQ kids around the world. But as a calculated manipulation to deflect attention from a very serious accusation that he attempted to molest one. I am sorry to hear of Anthony Rapp‘s experience and subsequent suffering. And I am sorry that Kevin only saw fit to acknowledge his truth when he thought it would serve him – just as his denial served him for so many years. MayAnthony Rapp‘s voice be the one which is amplified here. Victim’s voices are the ones that deserve to be heard,” Zachary wrote.

Zachary himself came out back in 2011 during an interview.

Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

What's almost worse is the (that word again) complicity that has been going on for years in Hollywood - people choosing to look the other way while something awful was happening. Jack Nicholson and Angelica Huston did it for Roman Polanski...there were and are lots of abusive men in front of and behind the cameras and they've been doing this shit for years and people didn't get involved unless it was affecting them directly. A few people have come forward, which is great. But George Clooney, Matt Damon and Ben "Mediocrity" Affleck, Rosie O'Donnell and others are jumping on the bandwagon saying, "Yeah, I knew what so and so was doing....yada, yada, yada, my moment in the sun to grandstand, oh, and by the way, I've got a new project....". What is skeevier - the sexual assaults/harassments or the complicity and self-serving sanctimony disguising the fact that they knew what was going on?
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

He is rightfully getting ripped to shreds on Twitter. I've been reading some really thought provoking tweets all morning. His career probably won't survive this.
    Janus and Sassiness like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

^ Especially if more start coming forward.

And please, who invites a 14 year old to an adult party with drinking? I don't care what he says about being drunk and not remembering, he had designs on this kid.
    czb, Janus, Sassiness and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There's something in John Barrowman's autobiography about an unnamed but much older actor that I'm fairly sure is Spacey. I'm going to have to remember to check it out when I get home.
    Sassiness likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

fgg

Rosie O'Donnell Compares Kevin Spacey to Harvey Weinstein

Rosie O'Donnell is calling out Kevin Spacey for allegedly having a rep as a predator in Hollywood, akin to Harvey Weinstein ... saying everyone in Hollywood knew.

Rosie took to Twitter Monday to directly slam Spacey for not remembering an alleged attempt at molesting then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp ... and she didn't mince words.

She tweeted ... "f*** u kevin - like Harvey we all new about u - I hope more men come forward @KevinSpacey." Rosie added ... "no one knew details - like harvey - but u knew both were creepy men with reps that said so."

As we reported ... Spacey came out as gay in his statement addressing Rapp's allegations. Other celebs have blasted him for choosing such a moment to embrace his sexuality.

Kevin hasn't responded to the latest criticism.

Rosie O'Donnell Compares Kevin Spacey to Harvey Weinstein | TMZ.com
    Janus likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Rosie O'Donnell Slams Kevin Spacey: 'We All Knew About You'

Rosie O’Donnell has issued a Twitter reply to Kevin Spacey‘s controversial apology to Anthony Rapp for coming on to him when he was just 14 years old.

Kevin released his statement on Twitter, and said he did not remember what happened between him and Anthony. Rosie then replied to Kevin‘s tweet.

“u don’t remember the incident – 30 years ago? – f*ck u kevin – like Harvey we all knew about u – I hope more men come forward,” Rosie wrote in response.

In another tweet, Rosie admitted, “he was known as someone gay men should beware of,” and “I had ‘heard’ the stories – not that he molested 14 yr old boys – it doesn’t surprise me – and its gross to use that accusation to come out”

Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

Janus likes this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

This asshole deserves all the bashing and criticism he is getting. Getting drunk is no excuse for trying to violate a 14 year old boy, he knew exactly what he was doing. Had he chosen to come out years ago he could have done so much for the LGBT community with his star power. Instead he comes out to deflect from his disgusting perverted behaviour. It seems to me his obsession with his privacy had more to do with hiding the fact that he's a predator. He's a disgusting pig.
    Janus, BITTER and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Especially if more start coming forward.

And please, who invites a 14 year old to an adult party with drinking? I don't care what he says about being drunk and not remembering, he had designs on this kid.
    Apparently it is done a lot. I was reading articles about Geffen being a pedo and came across a pretty disturbing article. Here's an excerpt.

The Encino mansion known as the M&C Estate—owned by a convicted sex offender named in the lawsuit against Bryan Singer—was home to the wild gay sex parties where Hollywood bigwigs allegedly preyed on underage boys. It was also used to film a 1998 pilot for Digital Entertainment Network described as a "gay pedophile version of Silver Spoons
    ," starring an as yet unknown Seann William Scott.

https://jezebel.com/inside-the-holly...-si-1567755415
    Janus likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Bronze Member

So Rosie O'Donnell, a prominent member of the LGBT Hollywood community, who has children of her own, KNEW about Kevin Spacey for years and wait for it, did absolutely NOTHING. Wow. Especially given the fact that many LGBT teens are struggling and vulnerable to begin with, and here Spacey, was allowed, by his peers, to continue to prey on children destroying how many young lives? Despicable.

fgg

Revealed: Kevin Spacey is named as the Hollywood star accused of assaulting TV news anchor's loved one - as he admits there are more 'stories' about him

The Oscar-winning star accused of assaulting the loved-one of a TV journalist two weeks ago can today be named as Kevin Spacey who has suggested there could be more ‘stories’ about him to emerge.

Former US news anchor Heather Unruh said the Harvey Weinstein scandal had given her the courage to accuse the House of Cards star, 58, of attacking someone close to her.

Ms Unruh made her damaging claims more than two weeks before Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp got an apology after he said the actor, then 26, tried to seduce him when he was just 14.

She tweeted a picture of Spacey on October 13 with the message: 'The #weinsteinscandal has emboldened me … I was a Kevin Spacey fan until he assaulted a loved one. Time the dominoes fell'.

Ms Unruh has declined to give any more details about the alleged incident only adding: 'My intent was to encourage a badly needed investigation and conversation' and used the hashtag #It'sNotOk.

Another friend of a victim, Nadine West, came forward on Monday to claim that a young man close to her was 'groped' by Spacey while working alongside the actor at the Old Vic in London.

'Was apparently always known as one to avoid. Sadly unsurprised,' added West in a post on Twitter.

Kevin Spacey accused of 'assaulting reporter's loved one' | Daily Mail Online

more of the article at the link.
    Janus likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information