Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 320
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: Kevin Spacey 'Apologizes' for Sexual Harassment

  1. #136
    Elite Member Sunnygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Southern Oracle
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    I think he was a struggling actor, probably like most of his other victims. If an academy award winner paid your drinks all night then offered to continue the party at his apartment does that then give Spacey the right to sexually assault him? I’m not saying this guy was real bright, he could have been a con too, but it doesn’t give Spacey the right to do what he did. His Usual M.O. is to also lie and say he’s having an after party at his apartment and he tricks these guys and then they show up and realizes it’s a PARTY OF ONE.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

  2. #137
    Bronze Member Penelope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I think he was a struggling actor, probably like most of his other victims. If an academy award winner paid your drinks all night then offered to continue the party at his apartment does that then give Spacey the right to sexually assault him? I’m not saying this guy was real bright, he could have been a con too, but it doesn’t give Spacey the right to do what he did. His Usual M.O. is to also lie and say he’s having an after party at his apartment and he tricks these guys and then they show up and realizes it’s a PARTY OF ONE.
    Of course not, nor did I say it did. Spacey's a creep and a sexual predator. Nothing excuses his behavior or gives him the "right" to assault anyone.

  3. #138
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    31,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
    Of course not, nor did I say it did. Spacey's a creep and a sexual predator. Nothing excuses his behavior or gives him the "right" to assault anyone.
    A guy who was in a play with Spacey (and was 16 at the time) said kind of the same thing you did. He basically said, that when he and the other guy showed up for the "party", there was nobody there, and there was a gay porno playing on the TV screen. He said that he felt kind of like he led Spacey on, and that it was awkward but he and his friend basically just left and were not groped or overtly propositioned. I think a lot of this has to do with the exact circumstances. However, it seems like a great many times there was a non-consensual element at play, where physical advances were made without any kind of indication that the feelings were mutual.
    Penelope and bootspaige like this.

  4. #139
    Elite Member Sunnygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Southern Oracle
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
    Of course not, nor did I say it did. Spacey's a creep and a sexual predator. Nothing excuses his behavior or gives him the "right" to assault anyone.
    I’m sorry, I wasn’t insinuating you felt that way, my wording wasn’t correct. I was trying to point out that some are unfairly blaming them for not seeing this coming. But you would be amazed how clueless some young straight guys are. They don’t really know when someone is hitting on them especially another guy. Richard Dreyfuss’s son was 18 at the time and a virgin when Spacey made a pass at him in front of his own dad - he was tripping out by it. That’s what makes what Spacey did SO sick. These struggling actors were looking for a break and this big shot movie star paid them some attention and next thing they know he’s expecting a BJ for a call back. Hes a sick MOFO. I worked in theatre as a young kid. I was the only kid (12 years old) working around a cast of 25-35 year old adults. I had this one actor who became “fond” of me. It was weird and thankfully he stopped bothering me before anything bad happened.
    Penelope likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

  5. #140
    Silver Member spiderpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Spacey has given classic performances in The Ref, LA Confidential, The Usual Suspects, Se7en - and on and on.

    I have a strong feeling this story is going to have a tragic ending. I won't say it, but you know what I mean.

  6. #141
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,986

    Default

    It seems like these fucktards actually get off on the uncomfortable, freaked out and even disgusted or frightened reaction...the non-consentual part of coming onto someone who had not displayed any interest, other than as a fan or a potential employee/protege.

    That's the sick rapist mind. I'll bet these types wouldn't even be able to function normally in an actual relationship with someone who wanted to be with them or be turned on much by consensual sex.

    Hell, Bill Cosby didn't even want them conscious! But he didn't seem to have a problem with them waking up to his disgusting nudity and being freaked out.

    Power and control. I got you (and there's nothing you can do about it). That's the real turn on for these fucks.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #142
    Silver Member Timetoout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    It seems like these fucktards actually get off on the uncomfortable, freaked out and even disgusted or frightened reaction...the non-consentual part of coming onto someone who had not displayed any interest, other than as a fan or a potential employee/protege.

    That's the sick rapist mind. I'll bet these types wouldn't even be able to function normally in an actual relationship with someone who wanted to be with them or be turned on much by consensual sex.

    Hell, Bill Cosby didn't even want them conscious! But he didn't seem to have a problem with them waking up to his disgusting nudity and being freaked out.

    Power and control. I got you (and there's nothing you can do about it). That's the real turn on for these fucks.
    Very good point. Spacey probably got off on the discomfort and confusion of the people he invited back and toyed with them until they managed to leave. Sick.

  8. #143
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Spacey has given classic performances in The Ref, LA Confidential, The Usual Suspects, Se7en - and on and on.

    I have a strong feeling this story is going to have a tragic ending. I won't say it, but you know what I mean.
    I forgot about the ref! Such a great Christmas story.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  9. #144
    Silver Member Timetoout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    254

    Default

    I would like to see people getting arrested.
    redcat, Kittylady, BITTER and 4 others like this.

  10. #145
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,986

    Default

    So the Nazi next door neighbor in American Beauty was kind of like Kevin's dad IRL? According to the brother anyway
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  11. #146
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    3,950 miles from NYC
    Posts
    6,287

    Default

    Do you mean like a father figure?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  12. #147
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,986

    Default

    The way the brother described their dad reminded me of that character in AB.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  13. #148
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    25,328

    Default

    Someone on Facebook says that Spacey has disappeared. No one has seen him for a couple of days.
    Wisher likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

  14. #149
    Bronze Member Penelope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I’m sorry, I wasn’t insinuating you felt that way, my wording wasn’t correct. I was trying to point out that some are unfairly blaming them for not seeing this coming. But you would be amazed how clueless some young straight guys are. They don’t really know when someone is hitting on them especially another guy. Richard Dreyfuss’s son was 18 at the time and a virgin when Spacey made a pass at him in front of his own dad - he was tripping out by it. That’s what makes what Spacey did SO sick. These struggling actors were looking for a break and this big shot movie star paid them some attention and next thing they know he’s expecting a BJ for a call back. Hes a sick MOFO. I worked in theatre as a young kid. I was the only kid (12 years old) working around a cast of 25-35 year old adults. I had this one actor who became “fond” of me. It was weird and thankfully he stopped bothering me before anything bad happened.
    No worries! And I agree with everything you say. So glad that creep stopped bothering you--such a shame that so many others weren't as fortunate. This whole ongoing story is just sickening.
    Sunnygirl likes this.

  15. #150
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    31,099

    Default

    Someone on Facebook says that Spacey has disappeared. No one has seen him for a couple of days.
    Probably just took off his toupee....

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Casey Affleck Sued For Sexual Harassment
    By immature in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: September 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •