Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Kesha denied split from Sony, abuse allegations yet to be addressed

^^ that was nice. she can actually sing.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

She looks like a completely different person.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The judge who threw out Kesha's case against Sony is married to lawyer whose firm works for the record label

• Judge Shirley Kornreich threw out Kesha's case against producer Dr Luke
    • The case alleged Dr Luke ridiculed the singer, drugged and raped her
    • The judge's spouse is Ed Kornreich, of Proskauer Rose, Sony's law firm
    • 'There seems to be a strong conflict of interest,' insider reportedly claimed

The judge who threw out singer Kesha's case against her Sony producer Dr. Luke is married to a partner of the record company's law firm, it has been reported.
    New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich's husband is said to be lawyer Ed Kornreich, a partner at Proskauer Rose, a firm that counts Sony/RCA as a client.
    Justice Kornreich dismissed the case earlier this year after the singer accused Dr Luke of frequently ridiculing her for nearly a decade and at one point drugging and raping her.

+4
    Pop star Kesha, center, leaves the Supreme Court in New York after New York judge Shirley Kornreich threw out her hate-crime and human-rights claims against her producer Dr. Luke

The reason for the judge's decision was because the allegations were not said to have occurred in the New York jurisdiction and had gone beyond the statute of limitations. It is not suggested that the decision was wrong.
    But the New York Post has questioned the close links in the case, asking if Sony Music and RCA had an advantage over the singer.
    'There seems to be a strong conflict of interest,' a music insider told the newspaper.

The Post said Sony did not comment.
    Earlier this month, Kesha withdrew her California lawsuit against Dr. Luke for sexual assault and abuse, saying she wanted to focus on the New York court process which she appealed.
    On August 16, Kesha reportedly dropped abuse claims from a contract dispute she is defending against Dr Luke, the BBC reported.

+4

Dr. Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, has denied Kesha's allegations

The singer had said she wouldn't be using the allegations as a defence against the producer in his case against her for breach of contract at Sony's Kemosabe Records.
    She said she would concentrate on 'professional grievances' she claims.
    Earlier in the month Kesha's attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, said the dismissal in California was filed so she can focus her legal efforts in New York, where she has also sued the producer alleging he frequently ridiculed her for nearly a decade and at one point drugged and raped her.
    Dr. Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, has denied Kesha's allegations and accused her of suing to try to obtain a better recording deal.

+4
    Kesha posted on Instagram to explain why she had dropped her lawsuit in Los Angeles but would still be continuing to persue legal action against Dr. Luke in New York state

Petrocelli said Kesha has delivered 28 new songs to Dr. Luke's record label and Sony Music Entertainment and hopes new singles and albums will be released soon.
    'We have conveyed to Sony and the label Kesha's strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible,' Petrocelli wrote in a statement.
    Kesha is appealing two rulings in New York that prevented her from breaking her contract with Dr. Luke's label, and that dismissed her claims of sexual and emotional abuse.
    The April ruling by Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Shirley Werner Kornreich stated that Kesha's rape and abuse allegations couldn't move forward because the alleged incidents happened outside New York and fell outside the statute of limitations.
    Kesha later took to Instagram releasing a statement of her own.
    'My fight continues. I need to get my music out. I have so much to say. This lawsuit is so heavy on my once free spirit, and I can only pray to one day feel that happiness again,' she wrote.
    'I am continuing to fight for my rights in New York. Thank you for all your support. The support of my fans has been so beautiful and I'm so grateful for it. I'm not sure where I would be without you all.'

+
    Kesha earlier dismissed a lawsuit she filed in Los Angeles alleging hitmaking producer Dr. Luke subjected her to sexual and emotional abuse

'If Kesha is voluntarily dismissing her claims in the California case, it is because she has no chance of winning them,' Dr. Luke's attorney, Christine Lepera, wrote in a statement. 'Kesha never should have brought her false and meritless claims against Dr. Luke in any court.'
    Kesha's career has been in limbo since she first sued Dr. Luke in October 2014, alleging his abuse caused her to develop a severe eating disorder that required her to enter rehab.
    In May she delivered a standout performance of Bob Dylan's 'It Ain't Me, Babe' at the Billboard Music Awards, but was only permitted to do so after Dr. Luke's label withdrew objections to her appearance because they feared she would use it as a platform to attack the producer.
    Dr. Luke has never been charged with any crime and has vehemently denied he abused the singer. His lawyers note that during sworn questioning in another lawsuit in 2011, Kesha said Dr. Luke 'never made sexual advances' toward her or gave her the date-rape drug known as a 'roofie.'
    He has sued the singer for defamation, and that case is still pending.
    Her former lawyers said she was too afraid of him to speak up at the time.
    Dr. Luke has produced some of the biggest pop hits of the past decade, working with stars including Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson and Nicki Minaj.

Read more: Judge who threw out Kesha's case is married to lawyer whose firm works for Sony | Daily Mail Online

rollo likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

fgg

Katy Perry’s deposition over Dr. Luke to be made public — thanks to Kesha

Pop star Katy Perry‘s deposition and music producer Dr. Luke‘s business records will soon be made public after a Manhattan judge said the information cannot remain sealed in singer Kesha‘s sexual assault case against Luke.

Perry had asked Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Jennifer Schecter to keep her deposition in the case under wraps — claiming it could “cause significant harm to her career and reputation.”

Dr. Luke, real name Lukasz Gottwald, has said Kesha lied in a text message to Lady Gaga when she said he raped Perry — all in an effort to boost her own sexual assault claims.

Kesha claims Luke, her former producer, drugged and raped her in 2008.

He has denied both allegations and sued Kesha for defamation. She counter-sued over the alleged assault.

With the case heading to trial next year, Schecter released multiple rulings Thursday about what information can remain under seal and what documents must be made public.

The judge found that Perry’s “testimony is relevant to several important factual and legal issues (such as causation of damages).”

“Thus there is a legitimate public interest in access,” the judge wrote. She ordered the deposition to be unsealed within three business days.

As for Luke, he wanted to keep the names of artists he’s currently working with out of the press. But the judge nixed his request.

She said the artists’ identities are “extremely important to the issue of causation of damages.”

Luke has said Kesha’s rape claims cost him $38 million in royalties.

The judge added, “There simply is no fair way to adjudicate this case without revealing this information. Given its importance, the public has a compelling interest in it, as does Kesha, who has an interest in the state of [his] business affairs.”

The judge agreed to keep Kesha’s medical records sealed for now but warned that they may become public at trial.

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/08/katy-...anks-to-kesha/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Oh my, poor Katy, she so did not want this. I wonder how Kesha feels about it. And Gaga.

Call me dumb here. I have very little to no law-knowledge, especially with the US-system.

Why should everything be made public? Doesn't it suffice, if the content of the conversations, messages etc. is only made known to the involved parties in the law-suit instead of the whole public?
    Why should it be in the public interest to know about Kesha's medical records?
    Or is it so because it is a public trial? Or does it have to do something with the state's law the trial is held in?

And next dumb question: Why could revealing Katy Perry's deposition in the case “cause significant harm to her career and reputation.”?
    The harm/assault was done by Dr Luke, no? I think people would actually sympathise with Perry in this case?
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

There’s speculation about what Katy might have said in the deposition. Apparently it is known that she denied ever being assaulted by dr. Luke herself and it’s possible she might have done something like defend him, which would be a very unpopular position.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It’s possible she admitted to something like fucking for tracks. With a known abuser people might shun her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh, I see now. That would be really messy.
    But truth is truth, if it is Perry's deposition she gave.

I'm on the fence and will follow the trial closer now.

Many artists supported Kesha publicly in February this year: https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/stars-who-came-out-in-support-of-kesha-dr-luke-trial/:
    Adele, Gaga, Taylor Swift (donated $250,000 for the legal fees), Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Snoop Dogg, Iggy Azalea, Kelly Clarkson, Lorde, Sara Bareilles, Adam Lamber, Lilly Allen, Mariska Hargitay, Janelle Monae, Zedd, Lilly Singh, Wale, Rowan Blanchard, Margret Cho, Best Coast, Nev Shulman, Mara Wilson, Halsey, Bea Miller, Haim, Troye Sivan, Carly Aquilino,
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

The judge who threw out Kesha's case against Sony is married to lawyer whose firm works for the record label

Whoa. Conflict of interest, no?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Lady Gaga stands up for Kesha in fiery exchange with Dr. Luke lawyer

Beware The Fame Monster.

Lady Gaga skewered Dr. Luke’s lawyer in a newly unsealed deposition during a fiery exchange over how Kesha’s sexual abuse allegations against the music producer have damaged his reputation.

“How about all of the women that are accused of being liars and how she was slut shamed in front of the world, how about that?” Gaga shot back to attorney Christine Lepera.

Lepera had asked if Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, was aware of Luke’s “bruised” reputation after Kesha sued him in 2014 for allegedly drugging and raping her.

Gaga’s attorney explained that Kesha’s claims had triggered his client’s memories of being raped at age 19.

“Ms. Germanotta has experienced in the past few hours some PTSD reactions, which is causing some trauma and emotional reactivity,” her attorney, Orin Snyder, said at the start of her September 2017 deposition that was filed in Manhattan Supreme Court this week.

“So she is crying now, the record will reflect,” Snyder said.

“That doesn’t mean she is unable to testify truthfully and competently,” he added.

Gaga said she believed Kesha’s claims against Luke because she had once seen the “Tik Tok” singer on the producer’s bed in his home studio.

“If you are asking what my view is of his reputation, I made my view of him and his reputation when I saw her in that back room,” Gaga said.

“That was an image that — of something that happened to me, and I felt and knew in my heart that she was telling the truth, and I believe her,” she said.

But she wasn’t done with Dr. Luke’s lawyer.

“Do you know what it’s like for survivors?” Gaga asked Lepera. “Don’t roll your eyes at me. You should be ashamed of yourself,” Gaga said.

Lepera told The Post, “Being passionate generally about a topic that concerns us all is admirable, but Gaga has no knowledge of what happened that night because she was not there.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/30/lady-...r-luke-lawyer/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information