Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Kesha denied split from Sony, abuse allegations yet to be addressed

if sony fires dr. luke does that mean kesha is free to work with sony or does that mean luke takes kesha since she's in a deal with his record company?
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Because of the complicated web of deals and income streams he controls (recording/publishing/touring/management) it might not be easy for Sony to terminate early without buying out the contracts of anyone he's signed or has in development. It would probably be easiest to pay him a big chunk of money to either walk away or sell his company to them and go start another one from scratch with new talent. Either way, he'll get a big fat payout.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Kesha Promises to 'Not Take Back the Truth' Concerning Dr. Luke Rape Allegations

JE Reich
    Sunday 4:55pm
    Filed to: Kesha

Despite the fact that a New York City court refused Kesha’s request for a preliminary injunction against Dr. Luke, the singer declared her intentions to stick to her claims that the Sony music producer sexually abused her for years—all the while stating that she was offered her “freedom” if she walked away from her efforts to publicly discuss her ordeal.

In a message posted to the performer’s Instagram on April 3, Kesha stated that she was offered said deal “behind closed doors.”

“I got offered my freedom IF i were to lie. I would have to APOLOGIZE publicly and say that I never got raped. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS behind closed doors. I will not take back the TRUTH. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again.”

While Kesha never specified what this “freedom” entailed for issuing a (presumably false) official apology, it would be feasible to relate it to her months-long battle with both Dr. Luke (real name: Lukaz Gottwald) and Sony Entertainment over her contract, which currently bars the performer from recording and releasing music with another company.
    Earlier this year, Christine Lepara, a member of Dr. Luke’s legal team, addressed Kesha’s further allegations that Sony would not allow her to work with anyone but her alleged rapist.
    “Kesha is already ‘free’ to record and release music without working with Dr. Luke as a producer if she doesn’t want to,” said Lepera. “Any claim that she isn’t ‘free’ is a myth.”
    This isn’t the first time stories involving backroom deals regarding both Sony and Dr. Luke have been reported: in March, Kelly Clarkson went on record during an interview with an Australian radio station that she was “blackmailed by [her] label” to work with the producer.

Kesha Promises to 'Not Take Back the Truth' Concerning Dr. Luke Rape Allegations
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Judge Tosses Kesha's Sony Appeal: 'Every Rape Is Not a Gender-Motivated Hate Crime'

Julianne Escobedo Shepherd
    Yesterday 4:25pm
    Filed to: kesha

Kesha’s efforts to avail herself from her contract with Sony and Dr. Luke, who she says sexually assaulted her, came to a halt Wednesday after a judge threw out her appeal to be freed from her contract by emergency injunction.

Additionally, the judge denied Kesha’s argument that she was the victim of a hate crime, stating, via TMZ:

“Although [Luke’s] alleged actions were directed to Kesha, who is female, [her claims] do no allege that [Luke] harbored animus toward women or was motivated by gender animus when he allegedly behaved violently toward Kesha.”
    The judge ended with this ... “Every rape is not a gender-motivated hate crime.”

Earlier this week, Kesha claimed on Instagram that she was “offered my freedom” from Dr. Luke if she apologized and said that she “never got raped.” In today’s appeal of a judge’s ruling for Sony in February, lawyer Mark Geragos argued that her contract was akin to “slavery,” stating that by keeping Kesha in a contract with Luke in which her career depended upon working with him, Sony was enslaving her. The court dismissed that argument in New York; according to TMZ, she has filed a similar suit against Dr. Luke in Los Angeles.

Judge Tosses Kesha's Sony Appeal: 'Every Rape Is Not a Gender-Motivated Hate Crime'
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

fgg

'Every Rape Is Not a Gender-Motivated Hate Crime'

it isn't????
    Kittylady, Wisher and Tati like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

excuse me, it's time for me to go have a rage stroke.....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I would like to see the actual case and ruling. Is it a hate crime, when he has not been charged or prosecuted?
    lindsaywhit and NickiDrea like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Damn it, here comes Sluce being all reasonable. Shush - the judge's wording royally pisses me off and I want to indulge my outrage for at least a little while.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; April 8th, 2016 at 11:03 PM.
    Wisher likes this.

Dr. Luke refuses to allow Kesha to perform at the Billboard Awards this Sunday

• May 18, 2016
    • By Kaiser
    • Kesha

Here are some photos of Kesha at the Humane Society’s Rescue Gala a few weeks ago in LA. It’s good to see Kesha out and about these days, trying to reclaim her career and her life after everything that’s gone down legally and personally with Dr. Luke. The last time we checked in on Kesha’s legal situation, the federal judge had thrown out part of Kesha’s appeal, and Kesha was and is still legally and contractually tied to Dr. Luke and his label, Kemosabe Records. The judge seemed to believe that even if Kesha’s claims of physical and emotional abuse were true, Dr. Luke would still support Kesha’s music and give her free rein to record and perform, because capitalism. Let’s see how that’s working out, shall we? For several days, Kesha and her team were making a big deal about how she would be performing at the Billboard Awards on May 22 (this Sunday). She was going to perform a cover of Bob Dylan’s “It’s Ain’t Me, Babe.” She got written permission from Kemosabe Records, but then Dr. Luke rescinded the permission. So… yeah. FREE KESHA.

Sad news for Kesha and her fans. The “TiK ToK” singer has been barred from taking the stage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 22. Dick Clark Productions, which oversees the annual awards show, released a statement on Tuesday, May 17, revealing that the 29-year-old’s scheduled performance has been canceled by her producer, Dr. Luke, and her label Kemosabe Records. The singer has been in a contentious legal battle with Dr. Luke, 42, over allegations that he sexually abused her.

“Kesha accepted an invitation to perform on the show and she received written approval from Dr. Luke’s record label, Kemosabe Records,” Dick Clark Productions said in a statement. “Kemosabe subsequently rescinded its approval following a media report on Wednesday May 11 regarding Kesha’s appearance on the BBMAs. Unfortunately, Kesha and Kemosabe have since been unable to come to an agreement for Kesha to perform on the show. Dick Clark Productions has a long standing relationship with Kesha. We hope that the parties can come to an arrangement such that we can continue that long standing relationship with a performance by Kesha on the Billboard Music Awards stage on May 22nd.”

Not long after, Kesha took to Instagram to respond to the news that her BBMAs set has been canceled.

“I was very excited to perform a tribute to Bob Dylan by singing a cover of ‘It ain’t me, babe’ at the Billboard awards this year. I’m very sad and sorry to say I won’t be allowed to do this,” she wrote. “I just wanted to make very clear that this performance was about me honoring one of my favorite songwriters of all time and has never had anything at all to do with Dr. Luke. I was never going to use a picture of him, speak of him or allude to my legal situation in any way. I simply wanted to sing a song I love to honor an artist I have always looked up to. thank u all for the continued support.”

According to TMZ, Dr. Luke put a halt to Kesha’s performance after catching wind that it was reportedly going to make a “statement” about her legal war with her former collaborator and Sony.

[From Us Weekly]

Remember how the judge who threw out Kesha’s case and her appeal thought it would be easy-peasy for Kesha to record and perform without having to break her contract with Dr. Luke? That for Dr. Luke, it was always going to be about profit and money and not exerting control over his (alleged) victim? How’s that working out? It’s mind-boggling that Dr. Luke has the authority and the audacity to shut down Kesha in this way, and to do it so publicly. For the love of God… FREE KESHA.

BrickHouse and Wisher like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Kesha is kinda of stuck with Dr Luke now, looks like he wont make life easy for her especially if she wants a music career.

he's punishing her, or thinks he is. all he's doing is showing what a controlling asshole he is and really helping kesha's case.

oh honey, go to dental hygenist school and leave that awful world behind!

no... i'm kidding. that would suck worse for her.
    Wisher likes this.

Something must have changed because she performed at the Billboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    Something must have changed because she performed at the Billboards.
    She did. I only know because I saw her outfit on my FB timeline from a news feed.

I commented she must be the new colonel Sanders.

Got some interesting comments in response.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Awww, that was a Nudie suit, made me think of Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers, NOT Col. Sanders.

I did like the purple one better, though. (yeah, I know...matador, right?)

I also really liked her cover of the Dylan song.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And Here’s The Kesha Performance That Almost Didn’t Happen

May 22, 2016 / Posted by: Michael K

After the rumor was spit onto the Internet about how Kesha was going to use her Billboard Music Awards performance to make a “statement” and shit all over Dr. Luke (who she’s currently suing to get out of her contract), he put a stop to it and forbade her from going on the show. You know, because he’s the Ursula to her Ariel. But when she said that she just wanted to pay tribute to Bob Dylan and wasn’t going to mention Dr. Luke’s name or existence at all, he unlocked her shackles and allowed her ass to perform.

So while dressed like a Lisa Frank Colonel Sanders and working The Albino’s hairstyle, Kesha yodeled out Bob Dylan’s “It Ain’t Me Babe” with Ben Folds at the Billboard Music Awards tonight:

I’m actually disappointed that Kesha didn’t go rogue and wheel out a Dr. Luke scarecrow before torching it on fire and hitting it with a bat. Oh well, maybe at the next awards show.

And here’s Kesha dressed like the member of a Prince tribute mariachi band:

Ijust watched her performance and I love what she did to the song. She actually has a decent voice and the arrangement was really good. Go here to watch:http://dlisted.com/2016/05/22/and-heres-the-kesha-performance-that-almost-didnt-happen/
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information