Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Kesha denied split from Sony, abuse allegations yet to be addressed

Omg, I thought that was you writing that.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Lindsay did write that. Reread the last few sentences.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I can't. I just scrolled and saw "that's not me". Omg, sorry my eyes glaze over after 4 words...
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I can't. I just scrolled and saw "that's not me". Omg, sorry my eyes glaze over after 4 words...

Well, I don't know what the big deal is. Its a long post. It's .... very long.

Did I ever mention my kids used to ask for spankings instead of lectures? Something about getting it over with....

Demi is angry that no-one stood up for her when she went through something similar - and I have no doubt that she did just by her behaviours and rehab history.
    I started googling when I read this and it looks like Kesha started talking about this (public ally) in 2014 but I don't know if its the media or if its Kesha but reports do appear to be inconsistent.
    arie_skop and lindsaywhit like this.

Gold Member

^^ Bullshit. Demi wants attention. She does this shit all the time.

Ive never really been a fan of Demi, she seems like a brat but then again she had her own demons to overcome. I don't know the history between Demi and Taylor.

I don't know as much about the US industry anymore but what she's saying sounds absolutely believable. There's a reason the music biz version of the casting couch is "fucking for tracks" and young wannabe stars (I'm not talking about Kesha in this instance) will do whatever it takes to get studio time with a hot producer who can open doors. So it doesn't surprise me that these guys with all the power think they can do whatever they want and the girl will keep quiet if she wants a career.

And deals that long should be set aside as unconscionable. A 7+ album deal could tie you up for twenty years or more, and signing them so young and for so long is a good argument to negotiate a release. I've seen it done plenty of times (on a smaller scale) with both parties walking away winners to a degree.
    lindsaywhit, Kittylady and Novice like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Dr. Luke Tweets Out A River Of Denial About Kesha’s Allegations Against Him
    February 22, 2016 / Posted by: Michael K
    37 Reactions

Dr. Luke went on Twitter today to deny that he got his doctorate at Bill Cosby’s University of Mixology.

Dr. Luke (government name: Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald) signed Kesha to his record label, which is owned by Sony, when she just 18 and she’s currently suing to get out of her contract, because she claims that he repeatedly drugged and raped her. When Kesha lost the latest court fight against Sony and Dr. Luke, he became the most hated monster on Twitter and many people in the music game (from Lady Gaga to Kelly Clarkson who has worked with him before) tweeted their support for Kesha. Even THE MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN MUSIC, Taylor Swift, donated $250,000 to Kesha. I guess Dr. Luke is trying to save his reputation, because today, his lawyers released a statement saying that Kesha is free to make music without him (but she has to stay on his label) and that all of the allegations against him are not true. His lawyers also said that Kesha’s team has busted out a smear campaign against him on social media and that she’s using dirty tactics to get herself a more “lucrative” contract. That statement wasn’t enough for Dr. Luke, because he defended himself on Twitter and went on and on and on… Welcome to today’s episode of “Not A Good Idea: Tweeting Your Side Of A Rape Allegation.”

Dr. Luke says that he didn’t rape Kesha. He’s never had sex with Kesha. He sees Kesha as a “little sister.” He also let us know that he has a feminist mom. (Go ahead and file “I have a feminist mom!” as the alleged rapist’s version of “I have a black friend!”) He also says that Kesha contradicted herself in a deposition in 2011 when she denied that he abused her. And he continued to defend himself by tweeting an article from TMZ. All of Dr. Luke’s tweets are on his page, but I’ve put them altogether in one statement:

Until now I haven’t commented on the lawsuits, which should be resolved in court not here on Twitter. It’s a shame that there’s so much speculation out there basing itself on so little information. The only truly objective person who knows the facts is the judge. The judge did not rule in Kesha’s favor on Friday.

I understand why people without all the information are speaking out. I can appreciate their compassion. But lives can get ruined when there’s a rush to judgment before all the facts come out. Look what happened at UVA, Duke etc. Of course any sane person is against rape and sexual assault but everybody who is commenting is doing so without knowledge or facts. They are getting behind an allegation only – motivated by money.

I didn’t rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her. Kesha and I were friends for many years and she was like my little sister. Kesha has denied under oath the horrible allegations now being made against me. Here is the testimony.

Kesha’s lawyer Mark Geragos made another false rape claim against me that was denied by publicly Lady Gaga. Mark Geragos (kesha’s attorney) represented Scott Peterson and Chris Brown. How can he pretend he cares about women’s rights? Imagine if you or somebody you loved was publicly accused of a rape you knew they didn’t do. Imagine that. I have 3 sisters, a daughter, and a son with my girlfriend, and a feminist mom who raised me right.

Kesha and I made a lot of songs together and it was often good but there were creative differences at times. It’s sad that she would turn a contract negotiation into something so horrendous and untrue. But I feel confident when this is over the lies will be exposed and the truth will prevail.. This is an ongoing legal case so I won’t be responding / talking much about this. This should be tried in a court of law.

While reading Dr. Luke’s denial, I realized that in the near future, all trials will actually be done on Twitter and we’ll regularly see tweets that read:

“Ur , I’d like 2 present exhibit A: This post from TMZ! It has that red frame around it so you know it’s real important!”

Pic
    : Splash
    Tags: Dr. Luke, Kesha

Dlisted | Dr. Luke Tweets Out A River Of Denial About Kesha’s Allegations Against Him
    VeraGemini likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

This morning on the Today Show they reviewed the case and pointed out that the ruling last week was just a preliminary hearing. The case will proceed and both sides will then get to present witnesses. This is far from over. I do hate that Kesha's lawyer is Mark Geragos though.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ok, haven't read everything in this thread, but was Taylor's gift really "public"? I thought it was Kesha's mom who made it public...maybe that wasn't Taylor's choice? Anyway, I don't see why Demi Lovato (STFU btw) or anyone should judge her for not "starting a dialogue" about the subject. Just because she gave the girl money doesn't make her a poster girl. If Demi wants to talk about it, no one can stop her yapping but hey ever hear of the phrase "put your money where your mouth is"? Geez. No good deed goes unpunished, apparently.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The judge's ruling was correct, but this is losing PR battle for Dr. Luke and Sony. They should negotiate a termination fee which Kesha can pay and let her go. She's not Beyonce or Adele, she is not that valuable as a recording artist, but the longer all this negative PR for Dr. Luke goes on the more damage to his songwriting/producing services, which are valuable to Sony.
    faithanne and Annika like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I think they probably don't want to set a precedent where other artists might try to get out of their contracts too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^^ This

Yet recording artists leave (or renegotiate) contracts all the time. Zayn Malik got out of his One Direction contract and signed a solo contract with RCA basically because he felt like it and didn't want to be in the band any more. They let him go because forcing someone to stay in a band and perform when they don't want to would be a PR disaster in the age of social media. Record companies are no longer the behemoths they once were.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information