Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Kelly Preston dies aged 57 from breast cancer

Their children are absolutely stunning especially the daughter. I feel so bad for her

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Does Scientology actively discourage all doctors? I thought it was just psychiatrists. (Not arguing, genuinely curious, because that's not the kind of thing they own up to, is it?)

Oh - and fuck off, breast cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't know about scienos discouraging medical treatments, but they took kelly to one of the premier oncology centers in the country.

this poor family. but i wonder how long it takes john to come out. yeah, i said it.
    From everything I've read from escapees, they don't like members seeing doctors, no matter what the 'official' line is. They tell you that you need to do crazy niacin detoxes, to move yourself up the OT scale, that there are 'withholds' (secrets) that you are keeping which are the cause of your illness and if you just do what they tell you to do (for a price, of course) then everything will magically go away. People have died from refusing cancer treatment, from stopping epilepsy medication etc because they were so under the control of the cult.

It all boils down to one thing. Don't give your money to doctors, give it to $cientology.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Poor thing, didn't even know that she was sick.
    HWBL likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Hopefully she or John said fuck this shit (to the CO$ rules) and tried whatever they could.

I hope he gets the fuck out of this cult now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It would be very difficult at such a horrible time, but I hope John takes his family and runs for the hills. Come out, or don't, it doesn't matter - just get the hell out of the hell that is Scientology.

He'd have to be extraordinarily brave and committed to the process, though, because the potential problems are epic.

Ella is twenty, and has been raised with that crap. Out of loyalty to her mother's beliefs, she could refuse to leave and label John suppressive. Ben is nine, so that might be easier, but still emotionally devastating. Things might be just a bit easier if the medical intervention for Kelly was slowed because of the cults influence. I would hit that. Hard.

Calling this monstrous entity a church triggers my gag reflex, but coping with the grief of death tends to be an area that most faiths excel in, and I think that would be a very difficult comfort to give up... especially since I'm sure Miscavige sent out the 'don't let them escape' memo at the speed of light. Kristy Alley has been a close friend for a long time, and she's pathologically obsessed with Scientology.

Of course, there's also whatever they have on John, Kelly, and children. If it's just about John's sexuality, let it go, John. Everybody knows, nobody important cares. Actually, whatever they have, (barring murder or pedophilia ) just toss it away. Call Leah Remini and the other friends that got out.

It seems like such an easy step to take until you break it down - and these are just the problems off the top of my head - it would be a shit storm, wouldn't it... I truly feel so sad for him and his children.

I found this so shocking that my brain didn't understand the thread title. I was like "why do I know that name?" I couldn't put her and death together.

I feel for John and the kids. What a horrible thing.
    Lofty Bike and greysfang like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I found this so shocking that my brain didn't understand the thread title. I was like "why do I know that name?" I couldn't put her and death together.

I feel for John and the kids. What a horrible thing.
    This is exactly how I reacted. I saw it on the news online. Did not compute. I pictured John's grief stricken face. The thing about John is that he's a nice man, a sweet guy, then a Scientologist. It's too much, the prime of her life. Isn't it this kind of thing when they turn to Scientology for comfort and answers?

Then I thought about his dear friend Olivia Newton John.

^^^ Olivia already commented, really nice. I hope she can be there for him with her own illness, they are still good friends and she said that he's always there for her.

If they left the CO$ it would be a shit storm (mainly gossip fodder) for awhile yes.

But I believe he would have a tremendous amount of support from all sides. Not just fans and peers but the general public.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I dunno, he's been in it for so long, since his early 20s. If they didn't get out after Jett died, I don't know if he ever will.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I dunno, he's been in it for so long, since his early 20s. If they didn't get out after Jett died, I don't know if he ever will.
    There were plenty of rumours that he was going to leave after Jett's death but then suddenly Kelly was pregnant and he went nowhere. The gossipmill then suggested that she'd defrosted leftover babybatter under orders of Dinky Davey in order to yank her husband back into line.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Yeah, I've always heard that she was the more devout of the two, but not sure if that's true or not.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, I've always heard that she was the more devout of the two, but not sure if that's true or not.
    I think it would have to have been Kelly who was the more devout. There's too many pictures of John sharing a quick peck with 'close male friends', too many allegations of bath house visits and molesting massuers. The $cis don't like being gay at all. I think they class them as "degraded beings".
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think it would have to have been Kelly who was the more devout. There's too many pictures of John sharing a quick peck with 'close male friends', too many allegations of bath house visits and molesting massuers. The $cis don't like being gay at all. I think they class them as "degraded beings".
    Yes, but it's so much less degrading if your being is rich and famous.

Ok the whole Scientology thing is stupid and frustrating. It costs lives, although we don't know their particular medical journey. But I want to say, even if John has been problematic with masseuses or whatever....why isn't it ever recognized that he may simply be bisexual? There's a common school of thought that bi men don't exist -- that it's just a diversion from admitting the full gay -- but that isn't true. I know of MANY guys who are in stable relationships w/women but are bisexual ..... some (probably most)have the need to fulfill their desires for men, others are more content with fantasy etc. There really is a spectrum and individual expression of sexuality, and I know of bi men who feel their bi identity is erased by this informal decree that men (not as much women) are either 100% STRAIGHT or they are 100% GAY.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information