Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Kelly Osbourne Gets Backlash for Insensitive Comment

^ She honestly cleans her toilets?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Kelly Osbourne Gets Backlash for Insensitive Latino Comment - VH1

Kelly Osbourne’s Backlash for Insensitive Latino Comment Is Karma for Throwing Giuliana Rancic Under the Bus

What goes around comes around, my friends.
    by Taylor Ferber 5h ago

Kelly Osbourne had a shining moment on The View when addressing fellow, notoriously well-spoken public figure Donald Trump on his recent, controversial statements about US immigrants. “If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilets, Donald Trump?,” she asked.

Now, everybody is rightfully livid.

Although I’m SMH at the utter stupidity of the comment, I can’t help but feel slightly tickled, basking in the glory of revenge. In case you forgot, Kelly threw longtime friend and E! co-host Giuliana Rancic under the bus after G’s misconstrued comments about Zendaya’s dreadlocks aired on Fashion Police last winter. Kelly made a huge stink by quitting the show and tweeting things like: “I DO NOT CONDONE RACISM” and “Liars ALWAYS get caught!,” leaving Giuliana to pick up the pieces. Fast forward a few months, and she’s left with a quite similar-possibly worse-mess of her own on her hands.

Funny how things play out, isn’t it? And the last laugh goes to…

Kelly Osbourne Gets Backlash for Insensitive Latino Comment - VH1
    holly likes this.

Elite Member

Whys Whoopi wearing her chanclas on live tv?

And Kelly is as dumb as a box of rocks. I understand the point she was attempting to make but really?
    Beeyotch and lindsaywhit like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ She honestly cleans her toilets?
    If she does, it's probably with her face.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Elite Member

What she should have asked trump instead of who would be cleaning his toilets, was who would be building his new hotel (or even who would be sewing his clothing line - although that actually made in Mexico):
    red & bolded text is my doing.

Donald Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his new luxury hotel because of course he did - AMERICAblog News

Donald Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his new luxury hotel because of course he did

7/8/15 12:30pm by Jon Green 24

inShare

Donald Trump has jumped to second place in early-state Republican primary polling on the backs of undocumented immigrants. More precisely, Donald Trump has jumped to second place in the Republican primary polling by calling undocumented immigrants diseased-infested rapists and murderers — comments that have energized the Republican base beyond belief.
    The absurdity of Donald Trump can be measured many ways: the number of times he’s gone bankrupt; the number of companies and organization’s he’s sued; the number of times he’s been married — despite his support for “traditional” marriage, as in one man, one woman, one time; the number of secret plans he has to fight the Islamic State; and so on. So it should come as no surprise that The Washington Post found a new way to measure Trump’s absurdity yesterday: the number of undocumented immigrants he’s currently employing.
    The Post interviewed roughly twenty people working on construction for Trump’s new luxury hotel in Washington, D.C., and found that a number of them were there in the country illegally. Still more had illegally immigrated before later gaining legal status. They are employed by Lend Lease, a contracting firm hired by one of Trumps companies. In a statement, one of Trump’s spokespeople would only say that they and affiliated companies had complied with all applicable laws when hiring employees for the project.
    The workers, many of whom commute from as far away as Baltimore to work on construction for the hotel, which will be located five blocks from the White House, expressed concern that they could lose their jobs at any moment now that the candidate has a political interest in seeing them deported. Others were just (righteously) angry over his remarks:
    “Do you think that when we’re hanging out there from the eighth floor that we’re raping or selling drugs?” Ramon Alvarez, 48, a window worker from El Salvador, said during a break Monday morning just outside the construction site. “We’re risking our lives and our health. A lot of the chemicals we deal with are toxic.”
    Mediaite called the Post‘s report “the most predictable development in world history.”
    Donald Trump, via Gage Skidmore / Flickr

After all, for all of Trump’s bloviating against all things Mexico, this is a man who will ditch all of his moral convictions if he thinks it will get him a buck, or a “young and beautiful piece of ass.” As Gabe Ortiz of America’s Voice pointed out, much of his clothing line is manufactured in Mexico.
    It will be interesting to see how the GOP base handles the news that their anti-immigrant champion is totally pro-immigrant when it comes to exploiting their labor for personal gain. Mitt “Self-Deportation” Romney took damage over similar charges in 2011, when reports re-emerged that he had hired undocumented immigrants to work on his lawn. Of course, he went on to win the nomination, so history suggests that Republican voter can handle at least some level of immigration hypocrisy from their leaders.
    But Trump is taking that hypocrisy to immeasurably absurd levels. So absurd, in fact, that — according to him — he’s going to win the latino vote.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Karma is the funniest thing...Be careful Kello Jello, pretty soon you'll be shoveling shit for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    News/Kelly Osbourne to Donald Trump: If You Kick All Latinos Out of America, Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets?

how about the uneducated and untalented celeb spawn that are everywhere? Because if they had to rely on themselves instead of family connections to get jobs, cleaning toilets would probably be all that most of these kids were qualified to do.
    Please...none of those kids are smart enough to clean toilets. You're being generous.
    witchcurlgirl, mostroop and dowcat like this.

I think this is more clueless rich kid than anything else. Still dumb s fuck though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Rosie Perez QUITS The View over forced apology to Kelly Osbourne's racist remark | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: 'Kiss my a**!' Rosie Perez QUITS The View early in heated spat with ABC execs after being forced to apologize over her anger at Kelly Osbourne's racist Latino remark

• During a Hot Topics segment about Donald Trump's poll numbers with Latinos, Kelly Osbourne infuriated Rosie Perez
    • Kelly asked: 'If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?'
    • She then became hysterical during a commercial break and wept over fears she'll now be seen as a racist
    • ABC execs cornered Rosie during the break and demanded she apologize to Kelly in the last segment of the live broadcast
    • At the end of the show, Rosie bolted to her dressing room and had no further interaction with Kelly, a source told Daily Mail Online
    • ABC execs argued with Rosie and forced her to tweet an apology to Kelly
    • Rosie declared she was ‘done with this f****** show' and told the executives 'kiss my a**' before storming out
    • She did not show up for Thursday and Friday's live broadcasts

By Topper Toussaint For Dailymail.com
    Published: 08:24 EST, 11 August 2015 | Updated: 09:12 EST, 11 August 2015

Rosie Perez canceled her last appearances on The View after being forced to apologize to Kelly Osbourne for her anger at her co-star's racist remark about Latinos, Daily Mail Online can reveal exclusively today.
    Rosie refused to turn up for her two, final live shows last week and skipped several, pre-taped appearances after having an intense blow-up with ABC executives over Kelly's on-air comment.
    Kelly, 30, caused outrage after asking: 'If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?' during a Hot Topics segment about Donald Trump's poll numbers within the community last Tuesday.
    A silence fell over the studio audience as other co-hosts were clearly taken aback. After a pause, Rosie, who has Puerto Rican heritage, mumbled: 'Oh, that's not... oh, no!' and shook her head in disbelief.

Outraged: The View host Rosie Perez, whose parents came to the U.S. from Puerto Rico, criticized co-host Kelly Osbourne live-on air for her racist remark about Latinos last week. Daily Mail Online can reveal today that Rosie was then forced to apologize by ABC execs, leading to her to pull out out of two final live broadcasts

'If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet Donald Trump?' Kelly said last Tuesday, before quickly realizing her insensitive mistake

The View's Raven-Symone then told Kelly: 'There's more jobs than that he can use them for.'
    Sensing things were tense, The Fashion Police host attempted to clarify: 'In a sense, you know what I mean? In L.A. they always...' But before she could finish, Rosie had calmed enough to finally check her.
    'Latinos are not the only people doing that,' explained Rosie, looking straight at Kelly.
    Kelly backtracked and tried to elaborate. 'I didn't mean it like that! Come on, I would never mean it like that. I'm not part of this argument," she contested.
    As the tension built, moderator Whoopi Goldberg stepped back in and tried to take control of the segment, before ultimately going to commercial break.
    When the cameras cut away, the daughter of rock legend Ozzy Osbourne and The Talk co-host Sharon Osbourne burst into tears. 'Everyone is going to think I'm racist. I can't believe this,' she cried, as producers of the show and her personal handlers ran to her side.
    At the time, ABC execs cornered Rosie during the break and demanded she apologize to Kelly in the last segment of the live broadcast, a source told Daily Mail Online.

The show resumed and the topic wasn't addressed again until the end of the show. During the last segment, Rosie started with: 'I want to apologize to this young woman once again for being very sensitive.'
    Kelly asked: 'Why? You had every right.'
    Rosie continued: 'Kelly Osbourne is on our side and I was sensitive and my disdain should go to only Donald Trump. Sorry darling.'
    Kelly hugged her and said: 'No need to apologize to me, I love you Rosie!'
    At the end of the show, Rosie, 50, bolted to her dressing room and had no further interaction with Kelly, who broke down.
    Daily Mail Online has learned that ABC executives then gathered in Rosie's room and demanded that she tweet an apology to her co-star.
    She told them: 'I've already done more than enough by apologizing on air,' before a loud argument took place.

The source added: 'She and the ABC executives had it out. She was yelling at them at the top of her lungs that their demands were disrespectful.
    'They were telling her that she better do exactly as they said. It was an ugly scene and Rosie was crying uncontrollably and outraged.'
    Rosie posted a tweet on her official account, which read: 'My apologies @KellyOsbourne, I took your point wrong-#Trump #Latinos. My bad. Your heart is so pure & righteous. I adore you. @TheView.'
    After the Twitter post, Rosie then declared that she was ‘done with this f****** show' and told the executives 'to kiss her a**' before storming out of the building and vowing never to return to 'this s***hole of a place!'
    Perez had announced last month that she was leaving the show.
    But by bowing to ABC's demands and apologizing to Kelly last week, the presenter appeared to infuriate the Latino community.
    Her Twitter account was flooded with backlash after she backtracked on her on-air stance as many followers asked The View star, 'why are you apologizing?'
    The following day, the 50-year-old took to Twitter to clarify her apology in a series of posts.

She wrote: 'I tweeted at #KellyOsbourne in an effort to help keep her from spiraling after her unfortunate comment. I went overboard with my apology- #mybad. But I don't apologize for speaking up and calling her on it-mistake or not, it was offensive. And please don't ever question my support for mi gente... Ever.'
    But Rosie had nothing to lose with her explosive exit from The View, according to the source.
    'ABC had already fired her technically when they didn't renew her contract. She had nothing left to lose by not coming back.
    'She may have missed a few days pay, but to walk away with her dignity is likely far more important for Rosie in this situation.'
    ABC appeared to be working hard to erase the uncomfortable incident from viewers' memories. The episode has been taken down from the network's website and removed from streaming service Hulu. Several clips of the show also have been removed from YouTube.
    Rosie was not part of a taped show which aired on Monday with Whoopi Goldberg, Michelle Collins, Raven-Symone and Nicolle Wallace.
    The dramatic end to her tenure on The View ends perhaps the most turbulent and tumultuous season in the history of the troubled talk show since it was created by Barbara Walters 18 years ago.

Realized her mistake: During the break last Tuesday, Kelly Osbourne burst into tears. 'Everyone is going to think I'm racist. I can't believe this,' she cried, as producers and her personal handlers ran to her side

'I F***ED UP!': KELLY OSBOURNE APOLOGIZES FOR THE VIEW FLUB

I want to start by saying I ALWAYS take responsibility for my actions. In this particular case I will take responsibility for my poor choice of words but I will not apologize for being a racist as I am NOT. I whole-hearted f****d up today. I don’t want to bullshit anyone with lame excuses. Although, I was stopped mid-sentence by Rosie and couldn’t finish my point I will not let Rosie take responsibility for my words. I should have known better as I was on The View and it was live. I’ve learned a very valuable lesson. It is my hope that this situation will open up a conversation about immigration and the Latin community as a whole. By the way I clean my own f***ing toilets.

Source: Facebook

Read more: Rosie Perez QUITS The View over forced apology to Kelly Osbourne's racist remark | Daily Mail Online

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fuck the both of them. If u say something that is true mean it and stick to it. Don't take back what u said just cause someone was hurt by it or the higher ups demand that you do. Stand up for yourself. What is the point of twitter if you cant have a opinion. Everybody is so sensitive these days.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I think I get what she was trying to say - that a lot of the immigrants here are doing menial labor that many Americans turn their noses up at - but it really, really came out wrong.
    Agree with you and CL. Grudgingly! I despise Osbourne but yeah. She just said the same thing so many others have, only far more ineptly. Small brain, big mouth. So big she can fit both fat, tattooed feet in there at once, no doubt!

I'm surprised Trump's clothing line (he has a clothing line?!) is made in Mexico. Seems like 99.9% of everything is made in China nowadays.

If comedians ran the world, Kelly would be a golden choice for Trump's running mate. They'd be elbowing each other out of the way for a chance to see who could be more loud, rude and offensive. Could be gold.
    BITTER likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Kelly's becoming more fun than Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

It's funny to hear the shit that comes out of the mouths of those who take pains to be so PC about everything.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

fgg

Kelly Osbourne Blames Giuliana Rancic for Her Backlash From The View, Calls Her a "Liar"

Kelly Osbourne continued to slam Giuliana Rancic, blaming her for Osbourne's recent backlash on The View.

Kelly Osbourne is not letting it go. The former Fashion Police co-host recently made headlines for her racist comments about Latino immigrants while she was on The View.

While talking about presidential hopeful Donald Trump, Osbourne, 30, said, "If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilets, Donald Trump?"

The comment received plenty of backlash from several of Osbourne’s co-hosts on The View and on social media. On Sunday, Aug. 23, the lavender-haired TV personality addressed the criticism at the NYX Face Awards, telling Us Weekly of her negative responses, “Do you know why? Because of people like Giuliana Rancic.”

Back in February, Osbourne and Rancic, 41, were at the center of a nasty feud when, during Fashion Police’s post-Oscars special, Rancic made a joke about Zendaya Coleman’s dreadlocks, saying the Shake It Up star looked like she smelled like patchouli oil.

The comment incited Osbourne to publicly bash Rancic and to eventually exit the show.

“Don't blame me for other people's mistakes. I wasn't edited,” Osbourne told Us of her toilet-cleaning joke. “It wasn't a premeditated attack. And if I watched it, I would hate me too. So I have no problem, and I would do whatever I have to, to make it right. But don't compare me to her.”

She went on to note that her View segment was significantly edited down.

“You can see that they cut me off,” Osbourne said. “You only saw a 6-second clip. When you watch the full episode, it's a different story. But I'm not going to make up excuses because I don't need to. I know who I am.”

Osbourne further slammed Rancic to other reporters at the event, telling The Wrap: “I will never admit to liking Giuliana because I don’t. I don’t think she’s a good person and I think she’s a liar.”

Rancic, for her part, declined to speak about Osbourne’s recent misstep.

"I don’t think I need to comment," the longtime journalist said on E! News earlier this month. “I’ve got to take the high road on this.” Rancic had her last day as an E! News co-host on Aug. 11.

Read more: Kelly Osbourne Blames Giuliana Rancic for Her Backlash From The View - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information