Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson files for divorce from Brandon Blackstock

czb

if these people filed in CA, cheating is not a consideration. CA is a no fault state.

assets acquired during the marriage are split 50/50 unless there is prenup that indicates ow.

fgg

Kelly Clarkson to pay Brandon Blackstock $200K in monthly support

Kelly Clarkson has been ordered to pay estranged husband Brandon Blackstock nearly $200,000 in monthly spousal and child support.

Starting on April 1, the “Since U Been Gone” singer will have to pay Blackstock $150,000 per month in spousal support and an additional $45,601 per month in child support for the benefit of their two children, 7-year-old daughter River Rose and 5-year-old son Remington, according to legal documents obtained by The Blast.

She’ll also have to pay all of Blackstock’s legal fees, which amount to $1.25 million.

The documents also state the daytime talk show host earns more than $1.5 million per month in income.

Additionally, the documents reveal that Blackstock has given up his career as an entertainment manager and is pursuing a full-time career as a rancher on his Montana property. His future career plans will include sponsoring rodeos and working the ranch.

The judge’s financial order comes after “The Voice” coach requested she be declared legally single amid her ongoing divorce from Blackstock.

Clarkson, 39, filed for divorce from Blackstock, 44, in June 2020 after seven years of marriage. She also alleged Blackstock acted fraudulently as her manager, which he’s since denied.

The “Breakaway” songstress was awarded primary physical custody of their children in November 2020, but Blackstock has visitation rights at Clarkson’s house. Their children will also be able to visit him on the Montana ranch.

As for their everyday lives, the kids will be residing at Clarkson’s new $5.5 million Toluca Lake mansion. She purchased the estate after finally selling her Hendersonville, Tennessee, mansion for $6.3 million after four years on the market.

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/28/kelly...nthly-support/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

So he gives up his “career”; the kids will live with her and yet she *still* has to pay him child support????
    What a grifter.

The music manager, 43, is seeking $436,000 in monthly spousal and child support after an L.A. County judge granted Clarkson primary physical custody of their children River Rose, 6, and Remington Alexander, 4, a source tells PEOPLE.

"Brandon's been equally unreasonable in his requests for child and spousal support, as well as attorney fees," the source says. "Kelly's offered to pay for all the kids' expenses, but Brandon seems to think he is entitled to and needs $301K in spousal support and $135K in child support per month."

If Blackstock's request remains, he'd receive more than $5.2 million per year.

"Additionally, he's already asked for $2M for attorney fees when he's the one driving up the cost of the divorce with seven attorneys just representing him alone," the source adds.

so they halved the alimony and it’s one third(?) of the child support? It’s still a shit load of cash considering that he has to travel to LA for visitation.
    Man! Get a job. Get some pride.
    oh and stop grifting your ex-wife out of the $$$ that she earns.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

czb

that seems to be what happens when the genders are reversed. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So he gives up his “career”; the kids will live with her and yet she *still* has to pay him child support????
    What a grifter.
    Seriously! He’s not giving up his career to be a primary caregiver for his children but to “run” a ranch. And how is sponsoring rodeos a career plan? SUCH a grifter.

Quote Originally Posted by czb;[URL="tel:3819767"
    3819767[/URL]]that seems to be what happens when the genders are reversed. *shrugs*
    And I’d say the same then. And I think I have.

But he doesn’t even have the kids - she has primary custody in LA & his visitation will be in LA….
    czb, OrangeSlice, holly and 4 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Bronze Member

I thought Kevin Federline originally getting $20,000 a month was a lot, and he had primary custody. I know child support is calculated based on income and Kelly makes a lot, so I'll let that go. But the spousal support and especially $1.25 million in legal fees... This guy should have been worth quite a bit all on his own.
    Beeyotch and crayzeehappee like this.

fgg

child support is based on income not assets.

how much money is she making a year if she has to pay him that much?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

$1.5M/month

^^^
    jesus. She’s now at the top of my list for most overrated, overpaid celebrity out there.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

At least she has a legitimate talent though. Unlike Kardassians and countless "influencers."

Fuck! I'm straight as a stick but I'd marry her ass for 200K a month.

And probably be a better partner and ex.
    fgg likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So, she has to pay more in alimony than child support? That’s crazy.
    Novice likes this.

Elite Member

Not getting the monthly child support when he doesn't have physical custody. I could see her paying expenses when he has the kids, but a monthly stipend?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information