Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson files for divorce from Brandon Blackstock

I never understood the appeal. He just looks greasy to me.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

fgg

Kelly Clarkson sued by her management firm for alleged unpaid commissions

Kelly Clarkson is being sued by her management company — which is run by her estranged husband’s dad — for allegedly stiffing them out of more than $1 million in commissions.

Starstruck Management Group filed a lawsuit against Clarkson, 38, on Tuesday, Page Six confirmed through Los Angeles County Superior Court records.

The company claims it is owed $1.4 million in unpaid commissions for her work on “The Voice” and “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” according to the suit, obtained by Variety.

The company is run by Narvel Blackstock. The “Miss Independent” singer filed for divorce from his son Brandon in June 2020.

The “Stronger” singer worked with the company for the past 13 years and paid them 15 percent on her gross earnings, according to Variety. While she paid them $1.9 million so far this year, she still has an unpaid balance, the suit claims.

The suit also alleges that she will owe the company at least $5.4 million by the end of 2020.

However, the suit notes that the terms were verbally negotiated by Clarkson’s lawyer and business manager in 2007 and that there is no written management agreement, a potential complication in any legal wrangling.

Clarkson’s reps did not immediately get back to us.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/29/kelly...d-commissions/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    However, the suit notes that the terms were verbally negotiated by Clarkson’s lawyer and business manager in 2007 and that there is no written management agreement, a potential complication in any legal wrangling.
    Well that seems dodgy as hell.

I work all the time with agreements, NDA's and contract language. These lawyers must be like the two guys who negotiated with Ned Beatty and Jon Voigt in "Deliverance".
    burnt_toast and DawnM74 like this.

fgg

Kelly Clarkson awarded primary custody of kids with Brandon Blackstock

Kelly Clarkson will have primary custody of her two children she shares with estranged husband Brandon Blackstock.

A Los Angeles judge ruled that the “Since U Been Gone” singer, 38, should have primary physical custody of
    daughter River Rose, 6, and son Remington Alexander, 4, to maintain stability in their lives, People reported. The kids will remain with Clarkson in California, where she tapes “The Kelly Clarkson Show” while Blackstock, 43, continues to reside in Montana.

Blackstock will have visitation with their children at Clarkson’s LA home.

The documents, which were filed in late October, also stated that the kids would spend Thanksgiving with Blackstock, as well as the week of Dec. 19-Christmas until 2 p.m. local time.

Clarkson filed for divorce from Blackstock in June after seven years of marriage. The “Breakaway” singer revealed her two children entered therapy following the split.

“We have a lot of help as far as therapists or child psychologists because we want to do it right,” the TV show host explained to “Extra.” ”I definitely want to do it right. Everyone’s sad and it’s okay to be sad.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/30/kelly...on-blackstock/
    DawnM74 likes this.

daughter River Rose, 6, and son Remington Alexander, 4
    how fucking cheesy
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    He’s also her manager. Wondering how messy this is going to get.
    Answer on page two....

fgg

Brandon Blackstock Seeking $436K a Month in Spousal & Child Support in Kelly Clarkson Divorce: Source

Kelly Clarkson "is pleased" with the primary custody ruling since their two children are "her first priority," another source tells PEOPLE

Kelly Clarkson's ex-husband Brandon Blackstock is looking for a hefty amount of spousal and child support.

The music manager, 43, is seeking $436,000 in monthly spousal and child support after an L.A. County judge granted Clarkson primary physical custody of their children River Rose, 6, and Remington Alexander, 4, a source tells PEOPLE.

"Brandon's been equally unreasonable in his requests for child and spousal support, as well as attorney fees," the source says. "Kelly's offered to pay for all the kids' expenses, but Brandon seems to think he is entitled to and needs $301K in spousal support and $135K in child support per month."

If Blackstock's request remains, he'd receive more than $5.2 million per year.

"Additionally, he's already asked for $2M for attorney fees when he's the one driving up the cost of the divorce with seven attorneys just representing him alone," the source adds.

A rep for Clarkson, 38, and an attorney for Blackstock did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Clarkson's attorney Laura Wasser hasn't commented.

The monetary request comes after Clarkson filed for divorce in June after seven years of marriage. (The divorce proceedings are ongoing.)

A source close to the family also tells PEOPLE that Clarkson is "pleased" by the custody ruling and that her priority is to protect her children.

"As Kelly has said, her first priority in all of this is to take care of the kids and all the hearts that are involved in this divorce," the second source says. "It's been a hard time for everyone, but Kelly's pleased with the court's ruling regarding custody."

"Divorce is hard and it gets tense for most couples going through it. But Kelly's primary focus is on doing the best she can to protect the kids," the source adds. "In this case, she had to fight for them since Brandon and his attorneys were making unreasonable requests."

The source explains that Blackstock wanted the children to go "back and forth" from Los Angeles to Montana or reside in Montana even though L.A. has "undeniably been their home base."

In late October, the court found that the children "have not resided in Montana" and instead Blackstock must travel to L.A. to see the children at Clarkson's Woodvale residence for "visitation and parenting time." PEOPLE accessed the court documents on Monday.

The court also stated that "the level of conflict" between Clarkson and Blackstock had "increased" and that the former couple would have "a difficult time co-parenting due to issues of trust between them."

Addressing the ongoing divorce proceedings on her The Kelly Clarkson Show, the "Stronger" singer said she didn't see the separation coming.

"Definitely didn't see anything coming that came, but what I'm dealing with is hard — it involves more than just my heart, it involves a lot of little hearts," she said on the show in September.

"We know the best thing here is to protect our children and their little hearts," she added then. "So I'm usually very open and I usually talk about everything but in this case I will talk a little bit here and there about how it affects me personally, but probably won't go too far into it because I'm a mama bear and my kids come first."

https://people.com/music/kelly-clark...support-month/

dang! is she really making that much money from her talk show and music?!

I do question needing $135k/month in child support when those children will be primarily living with the other parent and visitation will not occur in his residence. That just seems excessive to me considering it's not a joint custody arrangement.

^ I was thinking the same. What expenses will he have other than travel? Sounds like this guy is turning out to be as sleazy as we all thought he was. I'm not surprised he's going after her money though, since I believe his main source of income was being her manager.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ I was thinking the same. What expenses will he have other than travel? Sounds like this guy is turning out to be as sleazy as we all thought he was. I'm not surprised he's going after her money though, since I believe his main source of income was being her manager.
    Celebs should really listen to us. We have a pretty good track record when it comes to sniffing out the sleazeballs.

fgg

Brandon Blackstock denies defrauding Kelly Clarkson out of millions

Brandon Blackstock has fired back at estranged wife Kelly Clarkson’s claims that he defrauded her out of millions of dollars over the course of her career.

The talent agent, 44, filed documents with the California Labor Commission in November in response to Clarkson’s October filing, in which she claimed Blackstock acted fraudulently as her manager.

In the documents, obtained by Us Weekly, Blackstock denied any wrongdoing and claimed the “Miss Independent” singer, 38, isn’t entitled to any money that he, his father Narvel, or their management company, Starstruck Entertainment, earned over the past 13 years. Blackstock’s attorneys argued that Starstruck Entertainment company are not subject to the Talent Agencies Act because they did not perform their duties in California.

Blackstock’s attorneys further argued that there is a one-year statute of limitations in the Talent Agencies Act, so even if Clarkson could prove alleged illegal activities by her management, she could only claim commissions that were paid within the year prior to her October 2020 filing.

Blackstock requested Clarkson’s filing be dismissed and that she pay his legal fees.

A rep for Clarkson didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.

Starstruck Entertainment first sued the talk show host over alleged unpaid commissions in September 2020. The company claimed Clarkson owed $1.4 million from her work on “The Voice” and “The Kelly Clarkson Show.”

Clarkson filed for divorce from Blackstock in June 2020 after seven years of marriage.

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/27/kelly...efrauding-her/

Blackstock? More like Bloodsucker.

In the divorce she got custody & he's still trying to grift child support & alimony payments.....
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

This dude isn’t poor. He’s got Reba McEntire money. This is really about vengeance.
    Novice likes this.

Wait a minute....didn't he cheat?

He should get $0.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information