Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Keira Knightley hates bitter jellus fatties

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Or bags.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I've got two daughters, I'm not a womans libber but I'm close. I love men but I want my daughters to have the same opportunities men have and it won't happen if women don't believe in themselves and each other.

I never get why women put each other down.
    Totally.
    My mum was and I grew up believing that I was just as good as the boys and could do the same job if I wanted to. I really really really wanted to be an architect when I was younger & I needed to do tech drawing - the school did their usual "oh girls don't do that" "why" "......................(long silence)" strangely enough I didn't have to accuse the Head of Art of being sexist and I got to do tech drawing! In the years after me all the kids were treated equally and all the girls did a portion of tech drawing as well as the boys. Mmmmm.... I was 13..... and I wonder why I didn't get on in the Motor industry *snigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    K, all of you need to get back in the kitchen and cook something, because MEN are talking now. If it's good, i'll let you look at pretty hats while we're out. I won't buy you one, but you can look.

How's that for sexist?
    Try harder Grimm!

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Tongue. In. Cheek.

Oy.
    and I'm supposed to tell... how?
    No offense but I've heard crap like that out of female's mouths all my life, they're happy for me to get them equal pay, equal rights but don't do anything other than moan when they don't have it.
    I appreciate that the generation after me have it easier, as I have it easier after all the hard work of my mother's generations; but when I've lost jobs over this shit, I don't find it funny.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I have a femal boss for the first time in my life. In my newsroom, there are nine female editors and one male. Also female camera girls, producers, etc. It's a pleasure watching these talented and tough girls do their job. No one thinks twice when two girls pack the heavy equipment into the van. Even the sports coverage is done by women.

I have never had such a fun working atmosphere.

When I asked my boss why she hired only girls, she said "I don't hire girls, I hire the best."
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I'm glad that you're having a positive time! I've had a female boss that would have crawled over my still warm (but dead) body to get where she wanted to be... but I've had some good ones too.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Originally Posted by GaPeach
    I've got two daughters, I'm not a womans libber but I'm close. I love men but I want my daughters to have the same opportunities men have and it won't happen if women don't believe in themselves and each other.

It always perplexes me when I hear a woman say something along the lines of "I'm not a feminist, but I believe women should have equal rights and opportunities as men".......ummm, that makes you a feminist whether you want to be or not. I realize there are a lot of schools of thought within feminism and that some people now perceive feminists to be man-hating hairy types who think all sex between men and women is rape and other such nonsense. however, they are not the majority. Any 'movement' you can think of has a wide range of beliefs that fall within that spectrum. It's like saying "I'm not a Christian" because you don't want to be associated with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. If you believe Christ is your savior, that makes you a Christina whether you share those all of the other extremists' beliefs or not.

And if a woman dares say she's not a feminist, then I don't want to hear her whine when she's getting paid less than the man next to her for doing the same work, when she gets treated like a bimbo at the car dealership, or if she doesn't get a job an engineer even though she's qualified because that's 'mens work'.

Georgia: That was not intended as a personal attack but as a general commentary on the subject because it comes up often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    and I'm supposed to tell... how?
    No offense but I've heard crap like that out of female's mouths all my life, they're happy for me to get them equal pay, equal rights but don't do anything other than moan when they don't have it.
    I appreciate that the generation after me have it easier, as I have it easier after all the hard work of my mother's generations; but when I've lost jobs over this shit, I don't find it funny.
    I would have thought you'd be able to tell from the context and the way it was said? Particularly with the two tongue-poking-out smilies right afterwards.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Novice, here's how you can tell.

Girl, you're getting rusty at this.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    It's a conspiracy by The Man to keep us all down.

No truly, the older you get the more you need your women friends. Women mature and get wise far faster than men do. That is why I DO buy into the SATC scenario. All of the women were in their thirties when the show started and I for one could relate to them. My little group of three is like a lifeline when things get tough.
    I have had the same close group of women for 30 years now and we have stayed close through all life's experience. The men I have known have not always been there. When my husband and I seperated I was surprised how quickly some of his friends hit on me. When we reunited I never told him. As you get older and still have no close female friends you may have a problem. There are some things, especially as you have families, that men just aren't good at sharing. My daughter always had male friends all through high school and college. She was a tall leggy blonde and really thought these men liked her as a friend. Of course they were friendly, but as she got older, got married, (she only had male bridesmen by the way) and had kids, the male friends dropped by the wayside and she now has some lovely close relationship with women she has met through her kid's school, etc. Women appreciate women as they age.

I also don't understand why women don't like to be called feminists. I think it's a leftover from all the hard feeling when trying to past the ERA amendment. The scare tactics were awful. To be labled a feminist was to say you were a "hairy-ugly-lesbian" I'm not a lesbian but at least now they aren't always considered ugly- hairy-women-who-can't-get-a-man. My generation did go through a lot to get where we are. Let's keep moving forward ladies, and yes you can use the term ladies one in a while.
    Last edited by Tati; August 20th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Novice, here's how you can tell.

Girl, you're getting rusty at this.

Yeah, I don't buy into this "you can say what you want but a smiley negates all bitchiness/nastiness/sarcasm" bull shit!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Originally Posted by GaPeach

It always perplexes me when I hear a woman say something along the lines of "I'm not a feminist, but I believe women should have equal rights and opportunities as men".......ummm, that makes you a feminist whether you want to be or not. I realize there are a lot of schools of thought within feminism and that some people now perceive feminists to be man-hating hairy types who think all sex between men and women is rape and other such nonsense. however, they are not the majority. Any 'movement' you can think of has a wide range of beliefs that fall within that spectrum. It's like saying "I'm not a Christian" because you don't want to be associated with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. If you believe Christ is your savior, that makes you a Christina whether you share those all of the other extremists' beliefs or not.

And if a woman dares say she's not a feminist, then I don't want to hear her whine when she's getting paid less than the man next to her for doing the same work, when she gets treated like a bimbo at the car dealership, or if she doesn't get a job an engineer even though she's qualified because that's 'mens work'.

Georgia: That was not intended as a personal attack but as a general commentary on the subject because it comes up often enough.
    Because other than never wearing a bra I didn't earn it. I didn't rally or work for it. I'm not taking credit for something I didn't earn. These women who were the pioneers are the ones who made it possible so women could have jobs only offered to men at one time.

Grimm - it only works if your wearing a wife beater shirt, drinking a beer and scratching your balls.

Grimm - it only works if your wearing a wife beater shirt, drinking a beer and scratching your balls.
    Good Grief Peach! don't tell him that, he'll just start posting pictures of his massive cock again!!!

For the Feminist debate - my mom sent me a postcard from an art exhibition once, it had a girl on the front & the tag was along the lines of " I'm a feminist, but sometimes I disguise myself as a human being" it made me smile on some bad days, but I couldn't even have it on my desk because some insecure salesman would've drawn a huge cock on it. Dickheads. I hope that their balls shrivel up and drop off. Still.

Hit By Ban Bus!

at first I didn't get it, I thought we were all equal and stuff - until I went for a job.

I think men are more used to women being equal in the work force than women are. We set to many limits. I see women in the air force flying planes and I'm like F that, they can't do that.. or call 911 and a female comes I'm like where's Batman? It's all programming. I wanted to make sure my kids didn't have the same programming, call 911 and my kid comes - need a mall my kid will tell you where to buy the land and how to build it. The opportunities for women are out there they just need the nads to go and get it/or take it away from some guy.

Things could be better however I know when some rapper is calling some woman a bitch Queen Latifah will ride over on her motorcycle and beat his ass. Power to the people rock on my sister of the womb!!!!

at first I didn't get it, I thought we were all equal and stuff - until I went for a job.

I think men are more used to women being equal in the work force than women are. We set to many limits. I see women in the air force flying planes and I'm like F that, they can't do that.. or call 911 and a female comes I'm like where's Batman? It's all programming. I wanted to make sure my kids didn't have the same programming, call 911 and my kid comes - need a mall my kid will tell you where to buy the land and how to build it. The opportunities for women are out there they just need the nads to go and get it/or take it away from some guy.

Things could be better however I know when some rapper is calling some woman a bitch Queen Latifah will ride over on her motorcycle and beat his ass. Power to the people rock on my sister of the womb!!!!
    Mmmm I think that you're right, but you're talking to someone who has been described as an "over achiever" whatever that means! However, if someone tells me that I can't do that I'll probably try to the best of my ability.... Things have changed a lot since even I started work & I'm only just 40. I know that because of me a lot of things changed in the (UK) motor industry. It started with one company employing more women, rolled out across the industry to one company actually only employing female sales personnel - because they listen to what the customers want better! I know where it comes from but big ripples come from a little pebble.

If everyone just does a little bit - maybe in the workplace or telling your girls that yes, they can be the Dr instead of the nurse... it all adds up!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ Ok dose of reality here.... I kind of feel I might have gone over board on the equality stuff. See I figured the divorce rate was 50 percent so chances were some twit would book, therefore they needed a really good education. Both have a really good education. Second one does great but oldest, the over achiever..... oy. Second divorce and counting - goes like this "beautiful sexy hot woman seeks needy man to fix up and while I'm at it I'll remove your balls and resent you when you turn into a girly girl" As she sits on the therapist couch writing checks to the divorce lawyer......

so I'm a more mellow person these days, more willing to see both sides of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    You just have to find quality people and weed out the assholes. I don't have a lot of friends but I love, value, and trust the ones I have.
    This is really what it's all about. There are assholes everywhere, of both genders...Don't make them your friends!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information