Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keira Knightley hates bitter jellus fatties

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Yet why didn't Samantha go after Big??
    Actually, she did.

In one of the first, if not THE first, episodes, Samantha spotted Big across the bar and sidled up next to him, started a conversation, and did her Samantha "thing". Big turned her down.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    Women always prefer male friends. Though, those males undoubtedly have different opinions of said friendships. FRIEND ZONE, arghhh.
    So not true! There's no more reason to believe that guy friends just want to bone their female friends than there is to believe that the opposite is true. I have plenty of male friends with whom I share absolutely no sexual tension (and they've agreed as much). There doesn't have to be any sort of When-Harry-Met-Sally, JD-and-Elliott, Mulder-and-Scully thing going on. Straight people of the opposite gender can easily just be friends and only want to be friends.

Avoiding bitchiness is not the main issue for me, although if girly groups really behave like AgentOrange says, I'm especially glad I don't have to suffer through that sort of "friendship". It's not like I don't have any female friends to gossip with; I don't shun female friendship - I just naturally make friends with guys and have done so since I was in kindergarten. I think my personality suits male friends more than female friends. I'm not the type who shares my emotions in long talkfests unless it's about something intense - like a death - and I don't really like being on the other end and having to counsel female friends through 3 hour whinges about why her new boss is mean or some other trivial issue. I have generally more masculine tastes in music, movies, books and stuff and I have all the tact of a machine gun. Not to mention that my sensitivity towards subtle body language cues is pathetically lacking for a female.

I feel like I have more in common with guys, I guess. It's not like it's rare at all, but society still seems to be all hung up about it. People who don't have that sort of natural inclination towards opposite sex friendships are all "ZOMG there has to be a sexual agenda hidden somewhere!" about it, because that's what they expect based on their own typical interactions with the opposite gender. And if they don't think you fancy your guy friends... they think you're a lesbian instead. Sigh!

Woah, unexpectedly long post. Guess who's trying to avoid homework...

I think it's great to have female friends. There is a dynamic there you won't have with a female/male friendship. Both are great though and provide different things.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    So not true! There's no more reason to believe that guy friends just want to bone their female friends than there is to believe that the opposite is true. I have plenty of male friends with whom I share absolutely no sexual tension (and they've agreed as much). There doesn't have to be any sort of When-Harry-Met-Sally, JD-and-Elliott, Mulder-and-Scully thing going on. Straight people of the opposite gender can easily just be friends and only want to be friends.

Avoiding bitchiness is not the main issue for me, although if girly groups really behave like AgentOrange says, I'm especially glad I don't have to suffer through that sort of "friendship". It's not like I don't have any female friends to gossip with; I don't shun female friendship - I just naturally make friends with guys and have done so since I was in kindergarten. I think my personality suits male friends more than female friends. I'm not the type who shares my emotions in long talkfests unless it's about something intense - like a death - and I don't really like being on the other end and having to counsel female friends through 3 hour whinges about why her new boss is mean or some other trivial issue. I have generally more masculine tastes in music, movies, books and stuff and I have all the tact of a machine gun. Not to mention that my sensitivity towards subtle body language cues is pathetically lacking for a female.

I feel like I have more in common with guys, I guess. It's not like it's rare at all, but society still seems to be all hung up about it. People who don't have that sort of natural inclination towards opposite sex friendships are all "ZOMG there has to be a sexual agenda hidden somewhere!" about it, because that's what they expect based on their own typical interactions with the opposite gender. And if they don't think you fancy your guy friends... they think you're a lesbian instead. Sigh!

Woah, unexpectedly long post. Guess who's trying to avoid homework...
    So all women whinge for hours about trivial issues? I wasn't aware of that. How sexist. I know many men who like to do just that. You of all people should know, considering you spent all your life hanging out with men.

I also wasn't aware that there is a masculine taste in music. Again, that's sexist.

Way to reinforce those clichés. No, I'm not sensing a dislike of women whatsoever.

For someone who only endulges in long talkfests when it's a matter of life and death, you sure like to put those manifestos out there. Just sayin'. No one died.

I have guyfriends and girlfriends and I know from being friends with guys over decades that men can be just as bitchy, jealous and whiny as women. Considering your young age, you probably haven't made that experience, because guys tend to be jealous mainly when it comes to professional success.

I also know that those women who avoid deeper friendships with other women are usually the ones who are either not confident or those who don't want to share the spotlight.
    Last edited by Chilly Willy; August 11th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Keira's awesome. And she's beautiful. And she's right about women. Men generally don't have the same insecurities, and are not likely to backstab and/or lecture and/or put down. I have some women friends who rock, but they also don't like women. (Irony much?)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    So all women whinge for hours about trivial issues? I wasn't aware of that. How sexist. I know many men who like to do just that. You of all people should know, considering you spent all your life hanging out with men.

I also wasn't aware that there is a masculine taste in music. Again, that's sexist.

Way to reinforce those clichés. No, I'm not sensing a dislike of women whatsoever.

For someone who only endulges in long talkfests when it's a matter of life and death, you sure like to put those manifestos out there. Just sayin'. No one died.

I have guyfriends and girlfriends and I know from being friends with guys over decades that men can be just as bitchy, jealous and whiny as women. Considering your young age, you probably haven't made that experience, because guys tend to be jealous mainly when it comes to professional success.

I also know that those women who avoid deeper friendships with other women are usually the ones who are either not confident or those who don't want to share the spotlight.
    It's a choice between posting manifestos on GR or an essay on avante garde French theatre.

No, not all women whinge for hours about trivial issues, which is why I didn't say "Gah, I hate how women are always just boring self-absorbed drama queens!" However, in general, more girls than guys tend to carry on for aeons about what I consider unimportant stuff. I'm just not the "share my feelings and bond over daily emotional outpourings" type. When I'm upset, unless it's quite a huge level of upset, I never have the urge to resolve it by talking about it. Talking about it, if anything, makes it worse. Most girls assume it's emotional repression though, instead of understanding I'm just not interested in talking about my feelings. So that makes it harder for us to relate to each other.

And seriously? You don't think a love of metal is going to be slightly more common in men? I don't have any girl friends who play guitar, so I don't even have that musical hobby in common with any of them.

I guess I should have just said "more stereotypically masculine tastes" then, so as not to give off any unintentional self-misogyny vibes. We all know that it's acceptable for women to deviate from the socially expected female personality and behaviour traits without being self-loathing - but it's still important to clarify that we're loyal feminists, right?

Thank you, but not everyone takes until they're beyond college or older to figure out the obvious. Despite my young age, I do realise that men can be bitch and backstabby, which is why I've pointed out about a million times already that trying to avoid bitchiness is not actually my motive for having more male friendships. It is just something which has been a natural tendency of mine since early childhood and is inherent in my personality... my highly confident, spotlight-sharing personality, which still has plenty of dearly-valued girl friends.

If women stopped tearing each other down and calling each other "bitches" we could essentially run the world. Or at least make some progress.

Gold Member

With so many of you female posters saying that you don't have female friends, I'm wonder if maybe you're the problem

Interesting that it's female posters tearing down or putting down other female posters. Hmmmmm.

The women I am close to are aware that women, in general, play more games than men do. I don't trust women--for good reason. My experience with women has been atrocious, since birth. My experience with men has been positive. Not ALL women are bitches and not ALL women are stereotypes. But women--IN GENERAL--are quick to put down other women, far more than men are likely to do to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybaby View Post
    With so many of you female posters saying that you don't have female friends, I'm wonder if maybe you're the problem
    You can't mean me! I have female friends. Someone who is able to have platonic friendships with both sexes is definitely not going to be the one who's got a problem!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybaby View Post
    amen speak on my sister of the womb

when a woman says I don't like women I think "she's got a lot of growing to do"

men run to the doctor the second they THINK they might get sick
    they expect to be taken care of
    they can't find the laundry basket
    they gossip about one subject... sex
    they hog the mirror and always think they look better than any woman their equal

women pray for each other and will be there for you
    Women are loyal if you don't believe me look at how many women still ready to battle over Jennifer Aniston b/c they think she got her feelings hurt.
    women have a intuition men don't have, we sense when things are wrong men are one dimensional.

I love men and I love women equally neither is better than the other to say otherwise is to sell one sex short.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    amen speak on my sister of the womb

when a woman says I don't like women I think "she's got a lot of growing to do"

men run to the doctor the second they THINK they might get sick
    they expect to be taken care of
    they can't find the laundry basket
    they gossip about one subject... sex
    they hog the mirror and always think they look better than any woman their equal

women pray for each other and will be there for you
    Women are loyal if you don't believe me look at how many women still ready to battle over Jennifer Aniston b/c they think she got her feelings hurt.
    women have a intuition men don't have, we sense when things are wrong men are one dimensional.

I love men and I love women equally neither is better than the other to say otherwise is to sell one sex short.
    I've met women who will steal their best friend's guy. I've known mothers who will beat their children senseless. I've known women who say one thing to your face and then gossip behind your back. I've met several women who are so insecure they will spread lies about other women just to make sure that woman stays in their place.

Some of it's happened to me, some of it to other women I know. We all have a lot of growing up to do. But I've seen more tragedies and been through more than a lot of people older than I am.

My men friends call me when I'm sick, ask me if they can help me when I'm performing, offer to help if I move, are able to talk to me about things or correct me without being condescending, they do not say one thing to my face and another behind my back. My truest friends, in general, have been guys. I do have several close female friends, and I love them, but I think men have truer hearts and less bitchiness and cattiness than women. It's not because I'm immature, it's because that is my experience. I do not hate women--contrary to popular opinion on this board--nor do I hate women if they are beautiful or successful. I do not like phoniness, and women are far more phony and moody and their love or loyalty always seems conditional.

If my experience were better, then I'd be singing a different tune. But it's not, and that's how it is.

I hate both sexes, I want to be a cat.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    If women stopped tearing each other down and calling each other "bitches" we could essentially run the world. Or at least make some progress.
    It's a conspiracy by The Man to keep us all down.

No truly, the older you get the more you need your women friends. Women mature and get wise far faster than men do. That is why I DO buy into the SATC scenario. All of the women were in their thirties when the show started and I for one could relate to them. My little group of three is like a lifeline when things get tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Interesting that it's female posters tearing down or putting down other female posters. Hmmmmm.
    As someone who puts down women in over 8000 posts, one would think you could relate to that. Are you really not aware of your obsessive bashing of other women?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I've met women who will steal their best friend's guy. I've known mothers who will beat their children senseless. I've known women who say one thing to your face and then gossip behind your back. I've met several women who are so insecure they will spread lies about other women just to make sure that woman stays in their place. I've met several women who are so insecure they will spread lies about other women just to make sure that woman stays in their place.

Some of it's happened to me, some of it to other women I know. We all have a lot of growing up to do. But I've seen more tragedies and been through more than a lot of people older than I am.
    Men don't beat their children? Men don't steal their best friend's girlfriends? I see. Hence all the institutions for battered and raped men.

You know one woman who stole your man and ever since every woman is evil. You feel threatened by other women, which is why you are so hostile. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the Angelina threads.

Go on, report me. You jumped into the discussion and brought up your personal detail ONCE AGAIN (yawn). You also keep making insulting generalizations, so I suggest you stop the whining and comnplaining behind the scenes. Boohoo. You can't have people banned just because they disagree with you. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. (And don't just promise to do so)
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information