Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Keira Knightley claims she gives herself a $50,000 yearly ‘salary’ to keep it real

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    What was it that she bought?

£30k/annum, in profits or annuities is more than livable.

As a company director, most expenses will be payable by the company as her & her talent is the major asset & income provider. Car will be a company car, property is bought as an investment & rented to the talent at a peppercorn rent, if necessary as the wellbeing of the talent/asset is paramount.
    Most travel will be work related & therefore a business expense.

But, even if her business is not set up this way, it is entirely possible to live a very good life on £30/annum in the UK. She's not living on $50k/a in SoCa.
    Not in London where she lives. She also had trouble selling her house and had to reduce the price. I don't know about SoCa these days but London is comparable to New York once you factor in taxes and tipping. And yes, I've just been there.

I think it would be more believable if she said she lived off £50k per annum but because of her set up there's no adequate comparison and it sounds pretentious either way.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Not in London where she lives. She also had trouble selling her house and had to reduce the price. I don't know about SoCa these days but London is comparable to New York once you factor in taxes and tipping. And yes, I've just been there.

I think it would be more believable if she said she lived off £50k per annum but because of her set up there's no adequate comparison and it sounds pretentious either way.
    Not if all her living costs and major expenses are picked up by her company, but seriously, put me on ignore if you are going to go across the board quibbling with all my posts. Or are you just going to bait me so you can go running to your little friends and tattle all about it?

And for the record idgaf if you've just come back from NY/Moscow/Kazakhstan it's irrelevant.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I'm not quibbling with all of your posts. I haven't seen half of them. I usually stick to the Gossip threads. I'm talking about Keira! * checks thread *

ETA: I see you've edited your post above. LOL.

Correct me if I'm wrong (as you love to do) but I don't believe YOU'VE just come back from SoCal. That's why it's relevant.
    Last edited by rollo; June 15th, 2014 at 08:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information