Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Katy Perry announced a $10K post-election donation to Planned Parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I went to Planned Parenthood before, and there were protesters with posters of aborted babies. One guy came over to me, and tried to hand me a pamphlet with aborted babies and stuff. I told him I was not going in for that, I was going in for contraception. He said "Well, that's bad for you too. I wonder if they are against men pulling out, or male ejaculation, because that is all prevention of pregnancy too.
    Those crazy people are always outside of abortion clinics, trying to frighten and guilt women out of getting medical care. They're disgusting.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I went to Planned Parenthood before, and there were protesters with posters of aborted babies. One guy came over to me, and tried to hand me a pamphlet with aborted babies and stuff. I told him I was not going in for that, I was going in for contraception. He said "Well, that's bad for you too. I wonder if they are against men pulling out, or male ejaculation, because that is all prevention of pregnancy too.
    It literally makes me sick to my stomach that this happens. I'm sorry you ever even had to deal with that.

An acquaintance of mine worked in a bakery in a suburban downtown area and this guy walked right up to her and handed her a bunch of anti-abortion literature and asked her what her thoughts were on abortion, and if IIRC, a bunch more personal questions. The girl in question was very sweet, but quiet and not so quick on the uptake, so she kind of just looked at him. My friend, who was the manager at the time, told me about it, and I said that I would have gone out there and found the politest way to tell him to get that fuck out of there with that shit, if I were this person. If that had ever happened to me or in front of me, I would have told him not politely to get the fuck out and then I would have called for my inner Julia Sugarbaker and wouldn't have stopped until he cried. Job be damned, I have no time for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Those crazy people are always outside of abortion clinics, trying to frighten and guilt women out of getting medical care. They're disgusting.
    I had not seen some of my relatives in a really long time, and they live in a very rural area, but recently I have had the chance to see a lot of them again. But going down there is culture shock. They put up billboards everywhere with fetuses and these gross guilt trip signs about how you'll go to hell if you "kill" your baby. I wanted to take pictures of that stuff, but thankfully, we flew past most of those signs, but I had never seen anything like it and I thought I knew some right-wing Bible thumpers, but I got schooled on that quick.

And I've noticed a lot of people in that area don't have the foggiest idea what Planned Parenthood is. Willfully ignorant fucks.
    stella blue likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^Florida is like that, especially outside of all major cities. The deliverance banjo music always starts playing in my head when I see those billboards. And then I get irrationally mad, raging in the car at the sheer ignorance.

Wow. I hoped that was just a bible belt thing. I would think Florida would have better things to put billboards up about (and that's not a dig against Florida, lol). But yeah, my experience with those billboards are the same as yours. I just want to know why all the ugliness in this country has chosen now to bubble over all at the same time. I honestly thought we were all better than this. I'm sure that's a rant for the Election thread, but it's really depressing.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Because people fear change. This is everyone's (or 49% of people) last ditch effort to turn the clock back to what they perceive were simpler and better times.

And a heaping helping of plain 'ol ignorance.

They won't succeed. Not ultimately. But I dread the inevitable shitstorms.
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

My friend had an abortion, Not as a birth control (and if it was, it was HER body), the kids (pregnant with twins) were wanted, but at 21 weeks the scans were bad, super bad. She went to 3 countries and a lot of doctors. All of them preferred abortion as the twins would never live outside the womb and to carry them for another 18/19 weeks ....
    Luckily she wasn't in the states and had to meet these horrible people. She is still very depressed about it. How effing selfish is Pence and those pro-lifers, they have no idea....

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Because people fear change. This is everyone's (or 49% of people) last ditch effort to turn the clock back to what they perceive were simpler and better times.

And a heaping helping of plain 'ol ignorance.

They won't succeed. Not ultimately. But I dread the inevitable shitstorms.
    I agree. I love history, but I also love progress. But people who think there actually were "simpler" times also don't know history, they're just idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    My friend had an abortion, Not as a birth control (and if it was, it was HER body), the kids (pregnant with twins) were wanted, but at 21 weeks the scans were bad, super bad. She went to 3 countries and a lot of doctors. All of them preferred abortion as the twins would never live outside the womb and to carry them for another 18/19 weeks ....
    Luckily she wasn't in the states and had to meet these horrible people. She is still very depressed about it. How effing selfish is Pence and those pro-lifers, they have no idea....
    That's the other thing - I hate when people assume that it's an easy choice. I'm sure sometimes it's easy in that it's the only choice, or the best choice, but it's not some happy moment in a woman's life. I know a few people who live down there who went through similar issues as your friend did, and were depressed about it, and I'm sure seeing those stupid signs don't improve the situation for them.

Oh apparently some people think the woman should risk her life needlessly, or just die rather than make an actual decision. Even if she's got other kids to think of. And it's not just because of stupidity, because let a situation happen to one of these folks, and of course they are going to make the sane decision.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If this Pence guy gets to decide what happens in/to my uterus, do I decide I get to decide what happens in/to his man parts?

Serious Question...

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information