Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Katie Holmes Leaves New York City, Buys Calabasas Crib

At Tommy's from what I remember they had so many floaties in the pool they didn't see the kid and who ever was in charge of the kids fucked up big time. You never turn your back from a kid in the pool, ever.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by South Lake View Post
    As of Jan 1, 2007, California enacted the Swimming Pool Safety Act that requires some sort of fence around a home swimming pool, or an approved safety pool cover, or a swimming pool alarm that will sound upon accidental or unauthorized entrance into the water. I see neither a fence nor an approved cover, and I doubt there is an alarm or that all doors inside the house that lead to the pool have locks higher than 54 inches. I always cringe when I see homes like this being purchased by parents with kid(s) and I hope Katie installs the appropriate pool safety measures before she & Suri move in!

The link says the home is around "7-ish" years old so the builders may have just skirted the state requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Safety measures put in place because parents are too stupid to watch their own children. I have a pool, and a kid and none of that nanny state shit and I managed to keep my kid alive.
    I grew up with a pool and we didn't have any of that either (yes, it was the 70's) but my parents made sure I had swimming lessons by the time I started walking. I would hope that by this age she already knows how to swim.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Being able to swim isn't enough for an 8 year old. She still needs to be watched especially if she is chasing after a dog. Not that I believe this happened 'at a friend's house.'

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Safety measures put in place because parents are too stupid to watch their own children. I have a pool, and a kid and none of that nanny state shit and I managed to keep my kid alive.
    But this is the dim, chunky-limbed starlet, queen of ugly ankle boots, and "fashion designer" formerly known as Kate, aka Katiebot. So.....it is probably lucky Suri is eight and has had swimming lessons.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

There are so many kids drowned in swimming pools here every year it's heartbreaking. It's not always the children who live there, often it's a neighbour's kid who wanders into the yard or a visitor. It's not possible to watch them every second so I'm all for tight restrictions around pool safety if it means saving lives.
    Flygirl, Novice and czb like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

At pool parties I put a giant neon bow on top of my little girl's head. It's easy to watch that bow bob around. I'm one of the anal, stand-up, constantly count the kids, no alcohol while kids are swimming kind of parents. Nothing makes a tragedy more tragic than for it to have been preventable.
    Butterfly, rollo, mostroop and 1 others like this.

fgg

^the bow is so smart! we wear swim shirts to protect from the sun and the also act as identifiers because it makes it so much easier to spot the boys in their white long sleeves.
    Butterfly and Flygirl like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

You have to teach your kids pool safety. They even make back seat car alarms for the parents that might forget their kids in the car. Pretty soon we will not have to watch our kids at all because they will have an alarm for anything that could go wrong. Kid by the stove with a boil pot, alarm goes off, forget the kid is in the tub, an alarm goes off...
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

^ Short attention span. Did I even have a kid?

Silver Member

It seems dogs, like cats, have nine lives - well at least Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise's pooch does.

The pair are the owners of one of the luckiest puppies around, with the little girl's Chihuahua found safe and sound in Los Angeles, California, on Wednesday three nights after going missing.
    A dog rescue charity dedicated itself to searching for the dog named Honey, after Katie had posters plastered around the community of Benedict Canyon in Beverly Hills.

+4

Found: Katie Holmes, pictured in July, and Suri Cruise's dog Honey has been found alive after going missing on Sunday in Los Angeles, California

The area is infamous for having coyotes, which are known to even come into people's backyards to snatch smaller pets.
    However, somehow the tiny pooch was able to not only fend for itself, but avoid the wild predators.
    Lucky Puppy Rescue - whom Katie adopted the dog, then called Maple, from just two weeks earlier - sent volunteers on a search and rescue mission after the small dog was spotted a number of times.

More...

And, on Wednesday their dedication paid off.
    Posting a picture of the pup with a volunteer on their Facebook, the group broke the good news.
    The group said: 'Maple/ Honey is safe and sound and in good spirits! Thank you to everyone for your concern and your help is greatly appreciated! Woo hoo!!!!!'

+4

Doggy heros: Lucky Puppy Rescue sent volunteers on a search and rescue mission for the small dog and, on Wednesday their dedication paid off, with this picture taken just after the pup was found

+4

Desperate search: The Chihuahua pup vanished on Sunday after slipping through the front gates of a friend's house while the mother and daughter were visiting.

Katie had offered a $1000 reward for the safe return of the 8-year-old's new puppy.
    The Chihuahua pup vanished on Sunday after slipping through the front gates of a friend's house while the mother and daughter were visiting.
    Honey had just been given a bath so was not wearing a collar when she escaped but fortunately she was microchiped so the rescue centre could identify her.
    Honey is now believed to have been reunited with Suri and will live out her doggy days in their new home Calabasas mansion.
    The 35-year-old quietly purchased the six-bedroom, six-bathroom property for $3.795 million, making a move from New York where Suri has lived full time with her mother since Katie split with Tom Cruise in 2012.

+4

New home: Katie and Suri adopted the dog shortly before moving into their new Calabasas mansion (pictured)

Read more: That's one lucky pup! Suri Cruise's pet chihuahua found alive and well in coyote-riddled hills | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    dougie likes this.

Aw I'm glad she got her doggy back.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I hope they got the reward and Katie will publicly thank them.

I hope Katie starts wearing pants/capris more.

Glad the wildlife didn't get the dog!
    czb likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Nothing says, "I live in a house with an 8 year old" like a photo of a exasperated dog in a dress!
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information