Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Katie Holmes Leaves New York City, Buys Calabasas Crib

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

Not too shabby! The sprawling home features an arched gateway that leads to the garage at the back of the property for added privacy, with beautiful manicured lawns and a low curved hedge providing the perfect, inviting entrance

Location, location! Sitting at the end of a cul-de-sac and backing onto a reserve, the property offers plenty of seclusion

Safety first: Though they have neighbours fairly close on either side, the estate is favoured by celebrities, with gated access and security to keep out any unwanted and uninvited visitors

Katie Holmes buys home in Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's gated community | Mail Online
    As of Jan 1, 2007, California enacted the Swimming Pool Safety Act that requires some sort of fence around a home swimming pool, or an approved safety pool cover, or a swimming pool alarm that will sound upon accidental or unauthorized entrance into the water. I see neither a fence nor an approved cover, and I doubt there is an alarm or that all doors inside the house that lead to the pool have locks higher than 54 inches. I always cringe when I see homes like this being purchased by parents with kid(s) and I hope Katie installs the appropriate pool safety measures before she & Suri move in!

The link says the home is around "7-ish" years old so the builders may have just skirted the state requirements.
    twitchy2.0 and chartreuse like this.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    California is supposed to be in a major drought and people are required to conserve water. I guess that doesn't apply to the rich and their huge pools and lawns?
    It sure doesn't. All of Beverly Hills and any wealthy neighborhood is as grass-green as ever.
    Wasteful a-holes.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    And, IIRC, she wanted New York residency for divorce or child custody issues. She must feel that Tom and his cult are no longer a threat. Nice house. It looks like her neighbor has a basketball court right next to hers.
    Good point. If California becomes her primary state of residence, after a while (year? Depends on laws) tom could go to court there and seek different terms. But by now, Katie has assumed control of Suri so she will still have the upper hand.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by South Lake View Post
    As of Jan 1, 2007, California enacted the Swimming Pool Safety Act that requires some sort of fence around a home swimming pool, or an approved safety pool cover, or a swimming pool alarm that will sound upon accidental or unauthorized entrance into the water. I see neither a fence nor an approved cover, and I doubt there is an alarm or that all doors inside the house that lead to the pool have locks higher than 54 inches. I always cringe when I see homes like this being purchased by parents with kid(s) and I hope Katie installs the appropriate pool safety measures before she & Suri move in!

The link says the home is around "7-ish" years old so the builders may have just skirted the state requirements.
    Safety measures put in place because parents are too stupid to watch their own children. I have a pool, and a kid and none of that nanny state shit and I managed to keep my kid alive.
    Last edited by Butterfly; August 24th, 2014 at 09:51 AM.
    Gossiplover likes this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I'll guess that Calabassas has good private schools and neighborhood kids to play with because why she'd choose to live in the Valley I can't figure out. There are so many other great areas to live in with her kind of money.

I think it's just what celebs do, live in a gated enclave in Calabasas. I see it as a status thing, to get away from the "rabble." It does sometimes give you more space, the lots are bigger, etc. but it's so far away from the city and anything truly interesting. It's just suburbia.
    chartreuse likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    California is supposed to be in a major drought and people are required to conserve water. I guess that doesn't apply to the rich and their huge pools and lawns?
    the two nearest counties to me don't have any kind of mandatory water restrictions in place. however, a lot of us do voluntary conservation like using grey water. we don't know that this house doesn't have a grey water system in place for the yard and/or pool ....

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think it's just what celebs do, live in a gated enclave in Calabasas. I see it as a status thing, to get away from the "rabble." It does sometimes give you more space, the lots are bigger, etc. but it's so far away from the city and anything truly interesting. It's just suburbia.
    agree. they commute to LA is not so great either. but i was astonished at the price of this house, much cheaper than a comparable house would cost in either LA or SF. i know in SF a house like this would cost >5 mill.

When we had a pool, our alarm was so small there was no way you could have seen it from an aerial shot. Although I agree with most of what you said, Butterfly , our alarm came in handy when my 3 legged dog fell in one day

Silver Member

Even the dog couldn't stand Suri and ran away to get away from her.....

Katie Holmes offers $1,000 reward after daughter Suri's pet chihuahua 'goes missing' | Mail Online

Katie Holmes has reportedly offered a $1000 reward for the safe return of her daughter’s pet dog following its disappearance in Los Angeles on Sunday.

TMZ report that Chihuahua pup Honey vanished after slipping through the front gates while actress Katie and eight-year-old, daughter Suri Cruise were visiting a friend in Beverly Hills.
    It’s understood that Honey, who they adopted from a local pet sanctuary just two weeks previously, wasn’t wearing a collar because Suri had been paying with it in the outdoor pool shortly before it fled.
    Scroll down for video

+3

Devastated: Katie Holmes has reportedly offered a $1000 reward for the safe return of chihuahua Honey, the dog she and daughter Suri Cruise adopted from a Studio City sanctuary just two weeks ago

Following the disappearance a frantic Katie has reportedly placed more than 50 posters offering the generous reward in return for the dog, who also responds to the name Maple.

More...

Worryingly, the area close to where she vanished is populated by coyotes who inhabit its dense neighbouring woodlands.
    MailOnline have contacted Katie's representatives for further comment.
    Honey moved with Katie and Suri to their new home in suburban Calabasas – in the same gated community as Kardashian sisters Khloe and Kourtney –following its adoption from the Studio City sanctuary.

+3

New home: Katie and Suri adopted the dog shortly before moving into their new home in suburban Calabasas (pictured)

Tom Cruise reunited with Suri for first time since Holmes split

With her acting career and her daughter's schooling to think about, the 35-year-old quietly purchased a six-bedroom, six-bathroom property for $3.795 million.
    Located on a .48-acre lot at the end of a cul-de-sac and with 6,200-square-feet of living space, the house is thought to be the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles.
    The family haven't lived in Los Angeles for some years, though they previously shared a $35 million 10,286-square-foot Beverly Hills mansion with then-husband Tom Cruise – currently in Vienna while he shoots Mission: Impossible 5.
    While the move won't be a huge adjustment, Katie has previously spoken about her love of previous home New York, saying: 'I love being able to experience so many cultural things in one day.
    ‘I live very close to the gallery district, and then at night I'll find myself at Lincoln Center at a ballet.’

+3

Meanwhile: Suri's father, Hollywood actor Tom Cruise, is currently shooting new film Mission: Impossible 5 in Vienna, Austria

Read more: Katie Holmes offers $1,000 reward after daughter Suri's pet chihuahua 'goes missing' | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is she channeling Robin Hood in that dress? Or Peter Pan?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Meh. Some dogs are runners. It happens. I know someone who took a rescue dog for a trial period and within days it had made Houdini look like an amateur several times over so they took it back as they didn't think they were the best people for it. They went back a few weeks later to choose another dog and saw 'missing' posters for it as it had done exactly the same again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The problem is, coyotes don't care about that $1000 reward.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I know. Poor Suri. Although playing in an outdoor pool with a dog could have been more of a disaster for Suri ...

Dogs cant resist an open gate.

I'm so glad we don't have coyotes in my area...I would never let my dogs out if we did. An aunt of mine that lived in California had a small dog and a coyote climbed over the fence grabbed the dog and jumped back over the fence.

I hope they find the dog.
    Brookie and Mrs P like this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Safety measures put in place because parents are too stupid to watch their own children. I have a pool, and a kid and none of that nanny state shit and I managed to keep my kid alive.
    You only have to turn your back for a second as Tommy Lee found out.
    Quote Originally Posted by South Lake View Post

Of course, she couldn't possibly install such a system after she bought the place...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information