Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Kathy Griffin quits "Fashion Police"

i do have to say one thing, kathy does talk shit about other celebs but it usually is based on their actions, not what they are wearing. so i can sorta see that point. other than that she obviously jumped ship before it went down. i still like her. the show is nothing without joan.
    BITTER, Wilson, arie_skop and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i do have to say one thing, kathy does talk shit about other celebs but it usually is based on their actions, not what they are wearing. so i can sorta see that point. other than that she obviously jumped ship before it went down. i still like her. the show is nothing without joan.
    Kathy wasnt the best host for this type of show. Joan made this show work, and she was fearless and honest. She would never apologize or retract her comments to please a celebrity.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Joan didn't care about being friends with the celebs, I think Kathy does. That's why it always worked with Joan. She didn't give a shit.

Kathy Griffin doesn’t want to make fun of people’s bodies. Here are all the times she did. - The Washington Post

Kathy Griffin doesn’t want to make fun of people’s bodies. Here are all the times she did.

By Stephanie Merry March 13 

After only seven episodes, Kathy Griffin is leaving “Fashion Police.” This is an odd twist. The outrageous comedian doesn’t usually leave a show willingly. By her own admission, she’s the one getting fired or black-balled from television. Even stranger is her reasoning: (the tweet she posted)

Griffin’s departure could be connected with “Fashion Police” co-host Guiliana Rancic’s recent flap. She was pilloried after making remarks about Zendaya Coleman’s dreadlocked hair. “Like I feel like she smells like patchouli oil. Or weed,” Rancic said. Coleman wasn’t the only person to respond that the comment was “ignorant.”

But if we take Griffin’s statement at face value, she’s arguing that body shaming for the sake of body shaming is a comedic no-no. That’s a worthy argument, and it’s true that Griffin’s go-to shtick doesn’t usually revolve around targeting a celebrity’s trouble spots. In general, she makes fun of A-listers for going to rehab, snorting cocaine and sleeping around. Otherwise, her jokes consist mainly of taking off her clothes in public.

And yet, it’s pretty disingenuous for Griffin to act like she’s above the particularly mean brand of humor. There’s isn’t really an intelligent “context” for Griffin’s body-shaming jokes when she pulls them out. She told People recently, “If I’m making fun of Oprah, I don’t just scream, ‘She’s fat. G’night everybody.’ I do an impression of her hilarious voice, I quote episodes of ‘Favorite Things,’ I even tell a story of my personal experience about being on her show. I do not say she’s a terrible talk show host or actress. I do not say she isn’t beautiful.”

She may adore Oprah, but does that give Griffin permission to joke about her shape? Does that even count as context?

If Griffin wants her body of work to speak for itself, here are some loud examples.

Griffin got a lot of attention after calling Bristol Palin “white Precious” — as in the title character from the movie “Precious,” an obese, pregnant inner-city teen — because Palin was the “only contestant in the history of ['Dancing With the Stars'] to gain weight.”

According to Griffin, Renee Zellweger looks like a “sweaty, puffy coke whore.”

Griffin’s favorite type of Oprah is “big, fat Oprah,” the kind of woman who will head to the Texas State Fair to judge a deep-fried food contest.

In another Oprah-centric clip, Griffin explains in greater detail why she enjoys watching Winfrey struggle with her weight: Because we all do. “Every pound she gains back, for me, is like a hug from Jesus,” Griffin said.

Griffin loves Barbra Streisand, too, but it isn’t a blind love. “It‘s funny to me that Barbra Streisand thinks she has a good side,” Griffin said.

Janet Jackson’s weight gain and loss has also gotten Griffin’s attention. The comedian thinks maybe the singer is putting on pounds by hanging out with former boyfriend Jermaine Dupre and “eating his money.”

“Here’s my thing with celebrities,” Griffin said, acting like she hates to get confronted by the people she jokes about. “When I’m busted, I’m busted. If someone says, ‘I hear you said I was a fat cow drug addict,’ I’m like, ‘I probably did.’”
    BelledeJour likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Okay, I really don't like her, and this article in the 'Post' may have been written by her boyfriend's ex, but I think her jokes are kinda in context.

AND.... That's the second Pollyanna comment I've posted in the shortest period of time my Iphone considers fathomable.

(Breathe... remember: exercise, discipline, medication.)

Silver Member

Haven't watched in a few seasons because I couldn't stand Guliana.

Fashion Police

The Show Will Go On

3/16/2015 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne tried to derail the "Fashion Police" train by quitting the show ... but the network is keeping it and going full steam ahead ... TMZ has learned.
    Sources connected with production tell TMZ ... E! execs have already met to discuss the future of the show and they plan to recast the open spots and possibly create a different show with the same concept.
    We're told execs realized Kathy wasn't the star Joan Rivers was and are ready to find new replacements.
    TMZ broke the story Kathy wanted final say on the additions, but it looks like Melissa Rivers now has the crown.
    See als

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3UZdHFZaB

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Good Riddance! Kathy Griffin Vows To Never Speak To Giuliana Rancic Again After ‘Fashion Police’ Debacle

Kathy Griffin
    ‘s surprise departure from Fashion Police was not exactly a fond farewell — at least as far as Giuliana Rancic is concerned. RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that not only has Griffin not said goodbye to her controversial co-host, but she’s telling friends she’s “done with Giuliana” and has no plans to speak to her ever again!
    “Kathy is done with the drama and she is done with Giuliana,” an insider told Radar. “Kathy has not spoken to Giuliana and she has no intentions of ever speaking to her again, unless she has to.”
    The duo’s feud dates had simmered for weeks, but it exploded after the post-Oscars Fashion Police telecast, in which Rancic said singer Zendaya Coleman‘s dreadlocks “smelled like patchouli oil…. or weed.”
    PHOTOS: Giuliana Rancic’s Weight Loss Worries Friends & Fans
    Because some viewers claimed Griffin was the first one to say the word “weed” prior to Rancic repeating it, “Giuliana tried blaming Kathy and said that it was actually her fault, but later changed her tune to say it was the writer’s fault,” the source claims. “Kathy did not appreciate being blamed and Giuliana showed her true colors by trying to throw her under the bus.”
    According to the insider, “Giuliana later apologized to Kathy… because her career was at stake and she knew that she had to.”
    “But the apology was too late. Giuliana didn’t take responsibility for her actions.”
    PHOTOS: Giuliana Rancic’s Dark Secrets & Shocking Scandals Exposed
    Now, the source said, Griffin is ready to put it all behind her, and she did just that with an epic resignation letter posted on Twitter Thursday. “Kathy’s words on Twitter are the last that she wants to discuss this,” said the source. “She has already moved on.”
    The ill-fated show will go on, however — at least for the time being. E! released a statement after Griffin’s departure that said the show will be back on the air on March 30. According to sources, they have not decided on replacements for Kelly Osbourne, or for Griffin.

Fashion Police Feud: Kathy Griffin Never Speak Giuliana Rancic | Radar Online
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Heh, I wonder if Kelly will beg for her job back? They'd better say No!
    snoopqueen and arie_skop like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

czb

sounds like this is a lot of dramaz over a bunch of d-listers.

put a fork in it. FP is done ....
    snoopqueen, Annika and arie_skop like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Heh, I wonder if Kelly will beg for her job back? They'd better say No!

couldn't stand her either

Fashion Police goes on hiatus and cancels upcoming episodes... days after Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne quit

17 March 2015

Fashion Police has been put on hiatus by E!, five days after a second member of the panel walked out on the show.

The series will not return until September, the network announced on Tuesday, cancelling three scheduled episodes in the meantime.

While Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne have both quit the show, remaining stars Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski will be back.

"We look forward to taking this opportunity to refresh the show before the next awards season,' E! said in a statement.

'Our talented co-hosts Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski, along with executive producer Melissa Rivers, will continue their roles as we evolve the show into its next chapter for the legions of fans around the world.'

The show was originally set to air its next episode on March 30.

Kathy, who became host of Fashion Police following the death of Joan Rivers in September, announced her departure on Twitter on March 12 after just seven episodes.

Kelly - a fixture on the show since 2011 - revealed that she had quit on February 27.

E! plans to use the time from now until September to find replacements for Kathy and Kelly, and to give Fashion Police an overhaul, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

'With the benefit of hindsight, we definitely brought it back too soon,' Frances Berwick, president of NBCUniversal Lifestyle Networks Group, told the publication.

'There’s a lot that’s frivolous about the whole Oscar, Emmy, Golden Globe parade, and then at the heart of it, there’s some great, creative work. E! is not a network that takes itself seriously.'

Kathy appeared on The View on Monday, where she said she wasn't comfortable with the 'dog pile' aspect of Fashion Police, calling it 'disingenuous'.

The 54-year-old said: 'I was being forced to comment about pictures of beautiful women in perfect dresses and say kind of bad things. As a feminist and a comic, it just didn't feel like the right fit for me.'

'I am so grateful for the experience, I can't even... working with Joan Rivers for five years was incredible. I learned so much.' But she added: 'I'm excited for my future now. I want to try new things.'

Kelly quit Fashion Police shortly after the furore surrounding Giuliana's controversial comment about her friend Zendaya Coleman's hair at the Oscars.

Giuliana was forced to apologise when she said during an episode of the show that Zendaya looked as though her dreadlocks would smell of 'patchouli' or 'weed'.

Those allegedly included in the running to replace Kelly are Chrissy Teigen, Khloe Kardashian, Naya Rivera, NeNe Leakes and Amber Rose, although producers will now also need to find someone to fill Kathy's empty spot on the panel.

Fashion Police goes on hiatus and cancels upcoming episodes... days after Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne quit | Daily Mail Online

Elite Member

Yeah, because that talentless bufug bitch Kelly Osbourne can actually do better.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Did she learn nothing from Fashion Police?
    She should never wear sandal shoes ever again. Drives me nuts when people wear sandals too small for them.
    Syd likes this.

KG was on Stern this morning talking about it, but I kept getting interrupted and couldn't listen closely.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information