Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Kathy Griffin Fired From CNN

Ted Nugent talking about riding out onto a battlefield is fucking hilarious. This is the same guy who shit his own pants over the course of an entire week to avoid being drafted into the service during Vietnam. He's nothing but a coward, who wants war only when he doesn't have to fight in it. His ass should have been sitting in prison for all of the threats he has made to Obama and Clinton.

I kinda stand by Kathy. Kinda.
    She's ripping the lid off the hypocrisy by creating a graphic photo that starts it
    She's saying what ALOT of us are thinking but too polite to say. There's no rope around his head. Obama suffered WORST!
    She's doing it in a very extreme graphic style of art. Kinda like Miley and her freaking tongue (yes, that's a dig at miley)
    Nobody likes Trump. Most of the world doesn't like Trump. Yes, its graphic. It's extreme.
    Had she been a man? What would the reaction be?
    Maybe if there was support behind the message Trump would finally get it in his head that NOBODY LIKES HIM !
    stella blue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And why was he invited to the motherfucking White House?

One of these people is excoriated by the same President who invited the other one to the White House. I just fucking can't...
    Completely agree.
    mostroop likes this.

Whatever. It's a fake head. How many are dead and bloody in Syria? Yet the outrage is over a fake head, fake blood. America gets outraged over coffee cups that say happy holidays and comedians holding plastic heads, instead of, idk, actual travesties.

This twat in chief has assaulted women wants to fuck his own daughter scammed cheated committed treason worked with the mob etc etc, is a literal criminal, yet she holds a head and cant be on tv.

Last thing: maybe it was gruesome, but it sure was a nice visual.

Ted's an American Hero- dontcha know? Remember all those concerts where he wore full camo from head to toe- shooting arrows while onstage at pictures of Saddam Hussein? He was just draining the swamp and making America great again. He served 2 tours in Vietnam too, oh wait sorry my bad, another draft dodger. This story always gives me the giggles:

He has the rage, but he doesn’t have the war record. At 18, he was called up to serve in Vietnam. “In 1977 you gave an interview to High Times [the cannabis user’s journal of record] where you claimed you defecated in your clothes to avoid the draft.”

“I never shit my pants to get out of the draft,” says Nugent, good-naturedly.

“You also told them you took crystal meth before the medical — as a result of which, and I quote: ‘I got this big juicy 4F.'”

“Unbelievable. Meth,” he replies, in a tone of deep sarcasm. “Yes, that’s my drug of choice. You’ve got to realise that these interviewers would arrive with glazed eyes and I would make stories up. I never did crystal meth. And I never pooped my pants.”

“But you did dodge the draft.”

“I had a 1Y [student deferment]. I enrolled at Oakland Community College.”

“You said then that you wanted ‘to teach the stupid bastards in the military a lesson’. I’d have thought you’d have loved the army. Guns. Travel. Danger.”

“Back then, I didn’t even understand what World War II was.”

“So basically,” — I admit that I have, unaccountably, started to speak Nugent — “you didn’t want to get your Michigan ass blown off in Vietnam.”

“Correct. I did not want to get my ass blown off in Vietnam.”

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    To be fair she deserves it, what she did was grossly inappropriate and it was a very part time gig for her. They can't assocaite and pretend to be bipartisan.
    She deserves it just as much as any male comedian who has ever told the raunchiest joke about a first lady, senator, or secretary of state!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Whether you like Trump or loathe him, you can't go around doing something like this and I'm guessing the Secret Service will be having a long talk with her
    I'm still waiting for the arrest by the secret service of the people who hun Obama like images from trees or making his family into monkeys then said they were going to kill the monkeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Fuck her. If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

You gotta love seeing a comedian not being capable of taking insults.
    Like whiny pussy ass trump who goes "woe poor little me no other president has had it this hard" cry me a river and grow a pair. Fuck him and the homophobic I gut animals for a living wimpy ass right!
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Things I have learned from the press conference.

Kathy is a Sheero.
    Trump has done bad things and will do more.
    Trump should apologize for things he's said.
    Is nervous and threatens to tell jokes.
    She claims that she isn't scared of him.
    Claims she has been held down by older white guys her whole career.
    Pretty much says that she would do it again, but with a blowup doll and no ketchup.
    Claims the whole Trump family is trying to ruin her life.
    Trump picked the wrong redhead. Obviously should've went after Carrot Top instead.
    She said she made fun of Clinton and Bush. Tho obviously not Obama.
    She claims that housewives used the beheading video to blow off steam.
    Now she's crying. Of course after telling her age and weight.
    Thinks her career is over with.
    Trump broke her.
    More cries.
    Claims it's all spin by Trump.
    Crying.
    Lawyer claims it's censorship. Lawyer is retarded.
    Old white guys are trying to silence her.
    Claims it's about her being a woman. Says it would never happen to a guy. Yep. Hank Williams Jr. was never fired from doing the Monday Night Football theme for saying shit about Obama. Nope, never.
    Whoa is me....white guys.

I stopped watching after that.

She should do more of these. It was the funniest thing she's done her whole career.
    It is all spin from trump.. All the news channels except dead brain fox was like Russia, Russia, Russia until Kathy put corn syrup dye on a clown head. If Kathy was a white man and did this to Obama, she'd be like Tomi Lorhen, Sarah Palin to them right now so take that nonsense elsewhere.
    Ted Nugent threatened the life of the sitting President, and there was little outrage. And he just (while this whole KG rigamarole was happening) recommended Hilary Clinton be hanged. Nary a peep.

Lately I'm always hearing people harp about 'snowflakes'. Irony, sweet irony.
    VOUCH
    And why was he invited to the motherfucking White House?

One of these people is excoriated by the same President who invited the other one to the White House. I just fucking can't...
    Bow and Vouch
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

so what is the big deal about being investigated by the secret service? if she hasn't done anything wrong, she should be fine, right?
    South Lake likes this.

Well, that's how it used to work. At least, if you're white.

I'll bet Obama never even knew about some of the images on the internet or things said about his family. Y'know why? Because he had a fucking country to run and he took that seriously!! He wasn't being a 12 year old girl and scouring the internet for his "haters". Hell, even plenty of frikin actors and entertainers have the sense not to google themselves. Obama didn't have time to even think about the likes of Ted Nugent, much less care. Hell, even the secret service likely had more actual threats to the president to deal with than some celebrity running his trap. That shit probably fell several levels below them (or another dept entirely) to the net geeks who keep and eye on and log shit just in case.

And if (just for the sake of discussing, because see above) Obama took the time to listen to someone coming to him with "gossip" bout Ted Nugent hating him over the internet? Or people calling him and his family monkeys? He would not dignify that with a personal answer. After looking at that person (bringing it to him) like they were crazy. He has way bigger fish to fry.

Why?? Because he's a fucking grown-up! Not an entertainment/pop culture obsessed wanna-be celebrity. Hell, the PRESIDENCY itself provides more than enough "celebrity" (too much, in fact) for any normal non-psych-disordered person. Hell, even the Obama girls upon initially arriving in the White House were probably more mature than this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    I am no fan of hers, nor did I like what she did at all. It disgusted me. However, the reaction to it is so over the top its absurd. Siccing the secret service on her is ridiculous. Her little performance was in horrible taste and highly inappropriate. What is more inappropriate, however, is burning an effigy of Obama and all the vile (and threatening remarks) from Ted Nugent towards Hillary. The hypocrisy from the right is staggering to me.
    This. Although personally it doesn't bother me because I hate him, it is NOT something you want to do, esp. as a public figure. But really it's the hypocrisy from the right that makes my head explode. Also, it's worse because the Obama hate was fueled by straight up racism, not protesting dangerous stupidity and inability.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This. Although personally it doesn't bother me because I hate him, it is NOT something you want to do, esp. as a public figure. But really it's the hypocrisy from the right that makes my head explode. Also, it's worse because the Obama hate was fueled by straight up racism, not protesting dangerous stupidity and inability.
    I loathe the man as much as you do. But the people on the right who are using it as a rallying cry are those whom I despise even more. My first thought when I saw a photo of Griffin's "art" was, "thanks for giving the right something to use as a distraction from the real issues".

I found this article (long but) very interesting:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/scaachikoul...2ey#.tbVx8ODjq

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Thank you. I was trying to articulate how I feel about all of this and you summed it up.

Kathy had every right to do what she did. Personally, I think it was stupid and crossed the line, but I believe in free speech. I just wish she hadn't given them the fuel. The hypocrisy of the people savaging her is astounding. I'm sure Kathy had some horrible, brutal things said to her and that isn't right, but she had to have known that this was going to cause a firestorm. When you do something provocative, you're going to get provocative responses, and hypocrites are brutally efficient serving up criticism.
    sparkles and weathered1 like this.

The thing that Griffin didn't realize, and was really dumb for her not to understand, was that Trump really is basically under siege now. Even his reliable defenders are reducing in number. So, something like THIS is that type of thing that they can all coalesce around and be outraged about. It looks bad and the time was terrible.
    tulip, lindsaywhit, MsDark and 6 others like this.

Elite Member

CNN was 10000% right to fire her. As a news agency, they cannot be associated with something like this, and I hope she knew that this was going to be one of the consequences. And as several others have said, it gives the morons on the right fuel that they don't deserve. We all know that their side has done the same and worse, and we also know that they're too stupid to see the hypocrisy, so somebody needs to act like an adult since it's clear that the dipshits in power aren't going to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information