Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kate Hudson and son Ryder catch up with Chris Robinson in NYC

I think Ryder always looks gross, sickly, and unclean, just like his parents. It's sad really that they don't groom him. He looks like the kind of kid who would have lice, smell like dirty clothes and urine, and always have snot crusted all over his face because his parents consider themselves too "free spirited" to worry about what other people think about their kid's (lack of) hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    OK, I have zero desire to be a mother but can't you decide BEFORE you have a kid that you don't want to be together anymore? Why bring a kid into your own selfish BS? Or, does having kids raise the likelihood for divorce? Please understand, I'm not blaming kids--they don't ask to be put on this planet.
    When I had my son my priorities changed, but my husband's did not. I realized it was time to grow up, but he wasn't ready to, so I left him. I did what was best for my child, who was 10 months old at the time.

(We were married for 4 years before the baby came.)

A two parent family is ideal, but sometimes no matter how hard you try it just doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Shit happens! People change. The kid is better off with them being civil and apart....rather than staying together and being miserable, just for the kids sake.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think Ryder always looks gross, sickly, and unclean, just like his parents. It's sad really that they don't groom him. He looks like the kind of kid who would have lice, smell like dirty clothes and urine, and always have snot crusted all over his face because his parents consider themselves too "free spirited" to worry about what other people think about their kid's (lack of) hygiene.
    Here I thought it was just me. A haircut would do wonders for that kid. Kate is a pretty woman but the massive ugly of Chris apparently had the stronger genes. Maybe Ryder can hook up with Adam Sandler's daughter.

Poor ugly Hollywood kids. They must have very difficult lives.

I don't think Ryder's ugly, but I've never seen a picture where he's smiling, that would probably make him look a lot cuter...
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think Ryder always looks gross, sickly, and unclean ... He looks like the kind of kid who would have lice ...
    Nowadays, lice is a huge problem in schools, and all the kids who have it are perfectly clean and healthy. The bugs seemed to have developed a resistance to all the lice shampoos and getting rid of the damn things is beyond frustrating. My daughter caught them at school in grade 1 and had a problem with it right through to around grade 7. Her brother, interestingly enough, never caught them. And he went to the same school.

^^ Maybe lice prefer certain hair types more than others?

Maybe. I am really glad to finally be done with it. Horrid things.

^^ I can imagine!

A friend of mine's girls used to always get them too, and they were very clean people.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So are you assuming that couple who end up divorced start off by saying, "hey let's get married, knock out a few kids and then split up!!!" This is the funniest thing I have seen on here in a long time. Fact - most people get married and believe it will last forever. They start a family and still believe they will be together forever. Then life happens.
    Not exactly what I had in mind but I do strongly believe that denial winds long and deep in some minds (often subconsciously). Angelina Jolie is a great example. She has chosen absolutely the WORST partner with whom to make a bunch of babies. For her, logic doesn't enter the picture at all because she LOVES Brad. She is completely blind to the fact that he will leave her once he gets bored. It's been his pattern with EVERY woman he's ever dated. As some have said, she's pulling a Mia (Farrow) by staying with a man whom she knows (even subconsciously) will eventually disappoint (just like her own Daddy Voight). I'm just tired of seeing women make foolish choices--that's all--and it also applies to Team Aniston.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    When I had my son my priorities changed, but my husband's did not. I realized it was time to grow up, but he wasn't ready to, so I left him. I did what was best for my child, who was 10 months old at the time.

(We were married for 4 years before the baby came.)

A two parent family is ideal, but sometimes no matter how hard you try it just doesn't work out.

Exactly!
    But Sweetness, on some level, didn't you know that this guy wouldn't grow up but you hoped he would anyway? I totally understand wanting someone to change because you think he will. I also don't deny that having children changes the relationship and I think lots of folks (maybe your hubby) was completely taken by surprise on how much things would change. At the risk of sounding overly smug, I think I've just been really lucky that my bio clock has always screamed: don't have kids! Plus, I used to babysit and realized even at 16 that NO WAY did I have the patience and sheer goodness to have children and raise them to adulthood.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    According to my Sociology of the Family class, the period in which children are in the home is the hardest time for a marriage ... one kid equals eighteen years during which the marriage is either going to hold together or bust apart.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact that people nowadays aren't very careful choosing their partners. The mentality seems to be, oh, if it doesn't work we'll just get a divorce or oh, a kid will fix everything/make him love me. And the result of that is no one is willing to work at keeping the marriage going when things get tough.
    Whoa, this news from your class is disturbing indeed. The divorce rate may also be higher because people are less willing to tolerate BS. I would never advocate staying in an unhappy marriage for the sake of kids; however, all relationships are different and perhaps this may actually work better for some couples (especially for financial reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    The divorce rate may also be higher because people are less willing to tolerate BS.
    I think what you are saying actually proves my point ... if people took the time to get to know their future spouse, and took more time to find a suitable future spouse ... instead of marrying the first person they come across, five seconds after meeting them ... there wouldn't be the problem of BS.

When you apply for a driver's licence, you have to learn how to drive, and there is a time period before you can take the test and get the licence. They should have something like this for marriage as well. Maybe then, people would take it more seriously and not just rush into it. Marriage is hard work and takes commitment. It isn't a game ... despite what Pammy Anderson might think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information