Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson

  1. #31
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    27,896

    Default

    Maybe it was a bratty comment for Oliver to make, but I'm getting a serious asshole vibe from Bill. Especially after reading everything else. If he was so happy, why couldn't he shut up about Goldie in that pukeworthy 'happy family' interview?

    You can whitewash it any way you want. But you did leave your kids. You don't get to decide how they feel about it.

    Not saying Goldie didn't probably have a hand in this too. But him giving a 'happy family' interview interspersed with trash talk about his older kids' mom and comparing her (unfavorably) to his new wife and babymama surely couldn't have helped matters.

    I can't even recall reading anything Goldie ever had to say about this dude. I only ever think about her being with Kurt. They seemed to have been able to keep it together (and still together, where as Bill and Cindy are now split) and have their own "happy family" all while they both had careers going. So maybe the problem was not Goldie.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #32
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    53,267

    Default

    Bullshit, he obviously feels abandoned whether that's true or not. Why couldn't his dad reach out and talk to him man to man? That's a parents job.
    mostroop and *DIVA! like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  3. #33
    Elite Member llamamama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^ As is his son for saying what he did on Father's Day, IMO...
    I saw a few friends on FB this year post Deadbeat Dad Father's Day stuff and their undying love and appreciation for their single mothers that raised them. Oliver did the same thing for Russell. It said in the article that he posted it to his sister. Did Oliver not mean for it to be seen by everybody?

  4. #34
    Silver Member firebrat1229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I've been divorced 12 years, and my son is 25. We divorced when he was a young teen.

    As early as last year, my ex and his live-in gf were STILL running around saying I poisoned him against his dad. One of these barbs was delivered to my son's face by the gf about a year and a half ago. It did not end well.

    Trust me when I tell you that I actually pushed the relationship between the two of them up until my son's 18th birthday, which was a struggle.

    So what did I get for it, yeah - trash talked by a POS father because (deep down) he feels shitty about his own failings.

    That's likely at least a small part of what's happening here.
    spinmonkey likes this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,551

    Default

    This is what happens in 2015. You've got Farcebook, Pimpstagram, and Twatter. Everybody has ample opportunity to make a total ass of themselves by airing too much dirty laundry.

  6. #36
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i've read a bunch of interviews over the years where bill made disparaging comments towards kate and the kids. goldie hasn't made comments in years.

    i think they had a bitter divorce and he aired it in the press. situations like this make me wonder why people belittle collaborative divorce.
    The interview listed is from 1989. Not that I'm a huge follower, but I haven't seen interviews from Bill in recent years save for this one and I've been on this site for years. I always wondered what was going on with her father because Kate made a lot of disparaging remarks about him over the years. Maybe their divorce was really bitter over 30 years ago, that interview is 26 years old (damn I feel old). No reason for them to publicly go on and on about what a shitty father he is. Maybe Goldie didn't want him around because she already had Kurt in place as a full father figure. It doesn't sound as if Oliver or Kate lacked for a father, and Goldie may have been relieved that she didn't have to deal with her ex.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

  7. #37
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    This is what happens in 2015. You've got Farcebook, Pimpstagram, and Twatter. Everybody has ample opportunity to make a total ass of themselves by airing too much dirty laundry.
    Exactly. I know parent/child relationships can be complicated, especially when divorce is involved, but to talk about this publicly and not let it go makes everyone involved look foolish. There are no winners here, only whiners.

  8. #38
    Elite Member yanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,180

    Default

    I thought it was weird how Father's Day often becomes "Let's shame our deadbeat dad" day. I know several women who had completely crappy mothers but none of them ragged on her mother publicly on Mother's Day. It was as if it is way more acceptable to air dirty laundry and bash absentee fathers on father's day but nothing even similar happens on mother's day. Or perhaps I'm just not friends with people who would do that.
    llamamama and Clubber Lang like this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

  9. #39
    Elite Member *Kat*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I thought it was weird how Father's Day often becomes "Let's shame our deadbeat dad" day. I know several women who had completely crappy mothers but none of them ragged on her mother publicly on Mother's Day. It was as if it is way more acceptable to air dirty laundry and bash absentee fathers on father's day but nothing even similar happens on mother's day. Or perhaps I'm just not friends with people who would do that.
    Because women become saints after they push a baby out of their vagina. Duh.

  10. #40
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    14,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    The interview listed is from 1989. Not that I'm a huge follower, but I haven't seen interviews from Bill in recent years save for this one and I've been on this site for years. I always wondered what was going on with her father because Kate made a lot of disparaging remarks about him over the years. Maybe their divorce was really bitter over 30 years ago, that interview is 26 years old (damn I feel old). No reason for them to publicly go on and on about what a shitty father he is. Maybe Goldie didn't want him around because she already had Kurt in place as a full father figure. It doesn't sound as if Oliver or Kate lacked for a father, and Goldie may have been relieved that she didn't have to deal with her ex.
    i don't know the reasons for what went down. but i have read digs made by him several times (but i'm too lazy to check it now). sorry ....

  11. #41
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    27,599

    Default

    To me, the way Bill conducts himself, he's the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral. Below is part of an article from US Magazine talking about the blowup:

    Kate Hudson, Oliver Hudson "Not Surprised" by Dad Bill Disowning Them - Us Weekly

    Instead, both kids wished their mom's longtime love, Kurt Russell, a Happy Father's Day via social media. "Kate and Oliver consider Kurt their father," the Kate pal tells Us. "He’s the best."
    The second insider adds that Bill already knew how his oldest two kids felt about him. "This wasn't news to him," the source claims to Us. "Nor was the fact that they consider Kurt to be the only father they've ever known."
    In his interview with the Daily Mail, Bill blamed Russell for his estrangement from his kids. "When we split up, [Goldie] never had a bad word to say about me," Bill, 65, said of his ex-wife. "But when Kurt came on the scene, the narrative changed and I became the big, bad wolf."
    PHOTOS: Kate and Goldie through the years
    The father of five said Oliver's Father's Day post was devastating. "That was like a dagger to the heart. If what he wanted was me out of their lives, then he’s succeeded. I don’t want to see either of my eldest children ever again. It’s over," he recalled to the paper. "Oliver’s Instagram post was a malicious, vicious, premeditated attack. He is dead to me now. As is Kate. I am mourning their loss even though they are still walking this earth."
    The Oliver pal, meanwhile, alleges that Bill knows what he's doing. "They don't see him or talk to him unless it's by accident," the insider tells Us of Oliver and Kate. "They just think it's ridiculous that he's playing the victim."


    Read more: Kate Hudson, Oliver Hudson "Not Surprised" by Dad Bill Disowning Them - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    greysfang likes this.

  12. #42
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The Oliver pal, meanwhile, alleges that Bill knows what he's doing. "They don't see him or talk to him unless it's by accident," the insider tells Us of Oliver and Kate. "They just think it's ridiculous that he's playing the victim."


    Read more: Kate Hudson, Oliver Hudson "Not Surprised" by Dad Bill Disowning Them - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    if they don't talk to him, they don't need to go out of their way to acknowledge him either. Why give the guy ammunition if he always plays victim? It was hurtful and Oliver isn't a teenager, it looks weird and stupid to call your absentee father out and just detracts from the real father figure, Kurt. No reason to build Kurt up at Bill's expense.


    So I did done googling and saw that Bill Hudson wrote a tell all book in 2011 that had 26 reviews on Amazon. So he probably did carp about Goldie but no one really cared.

  13. #43
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I thought it was weird how Father's Day often becomes "Let's shame our deadbeat dad" day. I know several women who had completely crappy mothers but none of them ragged on her mother publicly on Mother's Day. It was as if it is way more acceptable to air dirty laundry and bash absentee fathers on father's day but nothing even similar happens on mother's day. Or perhaps I'm just not friends with people who would do that.
    I see this in clients all the time. They trash the father who let them down while making excuses for the mother who did the same. It's actually a very natural response. Rejection from a mother is a primal wound. It's self defense to make excuses so we can convince ourselves that she was forced to make bad decisions, she too was a victim, etc., because that is much easier than having to say we were rejected by the one that nature says should have nutured and protected us. Why do you think there are so many jokes about how often mothers are discussed in therapy.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  14. #44
    Silver Member BrickHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Offscreen, Cindy and Bill have no need to rent offspring; in addition to Emily, 6, and Zack, 3, their splintered and scattered family includes Oliver, 12, and Kate, 10, Bill's children by first wife Goldie Hawn. "When Oliver and Kate are with us," says Williams, "it's like all the kids are brothers and sisters."
    Regardless of whether all the other crap Bill Hudson is saying is true, this part really struck me. Cindy Williams was either a dim bulb or she was revealing herself to be a shitty stepmother (and part of the problem here). The fact is that all the kids ARE brothers and sisters. A half sibling is still a sibling.
    greysfang and Clubber Lang like this.

  15. #45
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    23,997

    Default

    Kurt is no saint - he supposedly cheats on Goldie like it is his second job. But I wonder why Cindy Williams divorced Bill though.
    Palermo likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oliver Hudson [Actor]
    By Mariesoleil in forum Hot Guys
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
  3. Kate Hudson
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 11th, 2008, 12:55 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
  5. Oliver Hudson (Kate 's brother) ties the knot
    By lovely bones in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •