Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Side bar - I'm sure I'm the only one here who watched The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show, it was a Saturday morning show with the same producers and writers as Sonny & Cher. It was for kiddies, but I was addicted and in love with Brett Hudson. Stoopid, goofy humor with music. If you ever saw it, make yourself known.
    i watched it a few times but wasn't into it. weren't the hudson bros a low-rent three dog night?

as for bill, i remember him as always airing dirty laundry about kate and the kids. he has always come off as a tool in these interviews. and he seems pretty bitter over a divorce that happened around the time of the spanish inquisition.

time to move on ....

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    "They are dead to me now." Who uses language like that in this day and age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Sicilians do ... LOL

Edited to add: just looked him up, his Mom came from Sicily. Do I know my people or what
    All it took was 4 years of living in Sicily during my most formative years, and there it is, I've got Sicilian tendencies--deep down I identify with a lot of it, including this.

I don't know their back story, but my father, who is a POS father, grandfather, husband, human being...would be the first to tell you about how fabulous he is in all of those roles and how ungrateful and shitty everyone else is. I guess I'm inclined to believe the kids' version a little more than the dad, but I admit I have my own bias.
    Icepik likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

the only way to tell how her dad was is what type of guys she goes for. of course that's not true 100% of the time but a lot of women that have father issues date guys similar to their dads for some reason. i suppose non issues do the same thing. i don't know. i'm just speculating.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    the only way to tell how her dad was is what type of guys she goes for. of course that's not true 100% of the time but a lot of women that have father issues date guys similar to their dads for some reason. i suppose non issues do the same thing. i don't know. i'm just speculating.
    I was under the impression that Kate did the leaving in her relationships.

In that time period, custody usually went to the mother. You didn't have fathers fighting for their kids the way they do now. Kate has made numerous negative comments about her father in the press and he hasn't said much publicly. I don't know what kind of person he is but his comment was in retaliation to a really hurtful tweet that he abandoned them. If he had nothing to do with them in all these years, why even acknowledge his existence, especially since they've had Kurt in their lives?

I am inclined to believe his side of the story that the mother poisoned their minds. After all these years there doesn't need to be this kind of vitriol.

I don't know. I imagine that abandonment can cause pain that runs deep. If left unresolved it could last a lifetime.

I do wonder if there's anything to corroborate the "Goldie poisoned the kids against me" story. It's like there was no gossip at the time from acquaintances who knew them both?
    KrisNine likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    ... Kate has made numerous negative comments about her father in the press and he hasn't said much publicly. ...
    i've read a bunch of interviews over the years where bill made disparaging comments towards kate and the kids. goldie hasn't made comments in years.

i think they had a bitter divorce and he aired it in the press. situations like this make me wonder why people belittle collaborative divorce.
    sluce and Sassiness like this.

Too bad there was no interwebs and blind items back then.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I remember the tabloids reporting that he was way more into his new family and left the old kids behind. I would think though that Kate and Oliver would have changed their last names to Hawn or Russell before they started out in the biz.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Kelly Rutherford and her ex-husband (whose name I've forgotten) should take notes.
    firebrat1229 and lucy80 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I don't know their back story, but my father, who is a POS father, grandfather, husband, human being...would be the first to tell you about how fabulous he is in all of those roles and how ungrateful and shitty everyone else is. I guess I'm inclined to believe the kids' version a little more than the dad, but I admit I have my own bias.
    That's kind of how I feel. My dad, nice enough guy I suppose, was a horrible father and husband. When he and my mom divorced, he remarried and became a father again, apparently an award winning father

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I don't know. I imagine that abandonment can cause pain that runs deep. If left unresolved it could last a lifetime.

I do wonder if there's anything to corroborate the "Goldie poisoned the kids against me" story. It's like there was no gossip at the time from acquaintances who knew them both?
    It does run deep, believe me. I've also heard all the stories about how my mom was the one and she poisoned me against my dad, etc.
    Beeyotch likes this.

I always kinda had the impression that Goldie used Bill Hudson as a sperm donor--they were only together 4-5 years and split up soon after Kate was born. I think he was basically a right place at the right time guy. But he didn't waste any time...Cindy Williams was pregnant before his divorce from Goldie was even final. The article sluce posted sounds like a bunch of BS to me--the one big happy family crap--especially since Hudson couldn't resist getting in his snide remarks about Goldie's parenting (her career came before the kids etc.) Making public derogatory remarks about your ex only hurts the kids, asshole. He and Williams divorced in 2000, I wonder what his relationship is like with their kids? And I don't care if it's a Sicilian phrase, what kind of father says his kids are dead to him?

In any case, I agree that Oliver Hudson should've just ignored his bio-dad on Father's Day and just acknowledged Kurt Russell instead. Surely he knew his tweet would just stir the pot. He should be happy he had a good father figure growing up and let it go.
    czb, gas_chick and spinmonkey like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

"Goldie was on the comeback road and didn't want to fail," says Hudson, who often cared for their children when Hawn was on location. "Her priorities shifted when she started filming Foul Play, and our kids were sort of left as No. 2 priority. I couldn't believe I was seeing that." He moved out in 1980.
    Did anybody else think the above passage was kind of weird? The kids were supposedly left by Hawn as the #2 priority, so Bill makes the situation for them even worse by leaving?

I don't care what his excuses are, he's a an asshole for saying some shit like that.
    firebrat1229, Angeli and *DIVA! like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ As is his son for saying what he did on Father's Day, IMO...
    czb, Palermo and Angeli like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information