Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Kate Gosselin Doesn't Want Her Children Near Pit Bulls

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Awwww, thank god for him that you were caring enough to do this instead of having him put down. He's a lucky doggy.
    I searched high and low for an alternative. I couldn't just put him down even though a behaviorist suggested it. We tried medications, more training, etc. The rescue that took him, the director specializes in animals that can't be re-homed or live with other animals. He's thriving and is actually interacting appropriately with other animals.
    SHELLEE and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Of course you know somebody who has pitbulls named Brangelina. Amazing.
    That is not what my nephew calls them! My sister & I do,but only behind his back. Just too tempting and it makes us giggle.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I searched high and low for an alternative. I couldn't just put him down even though a behaviorist suggested it. We tried medications, more training, etc. The rescue that took him, the director specializes in animals that can't be re-homed or live with other animals. He's thriving and is actually interacting appropriately with other animals.
    That's brilliant though that there's a good place like that for him to go to, it sounds brilliant. I had to rehome my dog when she had behavioural problems and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That is not what my nephew calls them! My sister & I do,but only behind his back. Just too tempting and it makes us giggle.
    Ohh ok haha I thought they were actually called Brange!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

This any breed will have a few bad apples. I had a American Staffie that was an amazing boy and one day just started losing his damn mind and going after my 2 other dogs. He now residents on a rescue farm in upstate NY. We pay monthly to have him there and visit him often.
    Is this by chance Spirit Animal Sanctuary?

My Dingo... people say is part PIT... not a a biggie to me. He's a GOOD dog for the most part. My Dad trained many animals... mostly dogs, Golden, Irish, Pits were his specialty. I've NEVER seen him bit someone until my SO thought it would be *funny* to attack me.... My pup growled & was aggressive until my future husband took off he mask. He defended me & my son till the end...
    dksnj likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This was on HLN this morning:

That's terrible. Those owners need to face charges.

I have to note that this family has 10 children! My uterus just had multiple spasms & ran behind my other organs to hide.

Children need to be taught proper interaction with any animal- a dog is just that; an animal. Your children are more likely to be bit by a "family" dog, such as a golden or lab, than a pitbull.
    Exactly!! My daughter LOVES our dog, almost to the point of obsession. She wants to be with him all day and then some. She is never EVER alone with him. He's the kindest, sweetest, most lovable doofus. Wouldn't hurt a fly, but he's a dog. Any dog can be unpredictable (especially if they are sick, scared, in pain or get hurt) and I don't want my daughter or my dog to pay the price because something scares him or she accidentally hurts him. It's not fair to her and it's not fair to him. People think I'm crazy because he's a lab, but he's a big boy and can hurt her by just playing a little rough. As careful as we are about all animals, she has inherited our love for animals and wants to pet every animal she sees. She doesn't understand that she can't run up to every dog and give him a big hug like she does at home. Our neighbors have aggressive little chihuahuas and they run right up to her barking and snapping. Good thing they are always leashed. We are teaching her that she can't run up to strange dogs and put her face right in their face. Also, we're teaching her to respect animals. They aren't toys and need some time alone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information